• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

College?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Re: College?

Although its a bit complex at first sight, the German school system lets people choose their respective fields of interests at very young age. I can`t remember all, but they have many different schools for different "levels" of study.

In Estonia, we have 1-9 years of compulsory education.
Then you can choose if you want to learn a profession or go for another 3 years of all around education (of course, there are minor specializations like economy, I, for example, had more English classes than normal).

And then it`s pretty much university. Simple as that.

So it`s pretty similar to Swedish system. We call our highest level of education high school also; more often though it`s called "ülikool", which directly translates to ultimate school.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

You should come to the University of Maryland! Deal with drunk dumbasses from Baltimore and **** all the time.

TRA Rotid;383538 said:
Although its a bit complex at first sight, the German school system lets people choose their respective fields of interests at very young age. I can`t remember all, but they have many different schools for different "levels" of study.

In Estonia, we have 1-9 years of compulsory education.
Then you can choose if you want to learn a profession or go for another 3 years of all around education (of course, there are minor specializations like economy, I, for example, had more English classes than normal).

And then it`s pretty much university. Simple as that.

So it`s pretty similar to Swedish system. We call our highest level of education high school also; more often though it`s called "ülikool", which directly translates to ultimate school.

I have to say that "ultimate school" is an excessively awesome name.

Arseface;383475 said:
I dunno, what's community college? TAFE is like a mix between University, High school and an apprenticeship. They offer certificates and diplomas mostly, not so much degrees.

Kinda-sorta-community college. Community colleges are two-year schools. Go to them either to get an associate's degree (usually in something like "being a computer technician" or some kinds of nursing) or go to them for two years before transferring to a four-year college or university. Because community colleges are a ****ton cheaper.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;383549 said:
Kinda-sorta-community college. Community colleges are two-year schools. Go to them either to get an associate's degree (usually in something like "being a computer technician" or some kinds of nursing) or go to them for two years before transferring to a four-year college or university. Because community colleges are a ****ton cheaper.

Ok, then it's pretty much community college.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

college is difficult to get into right out of high school. i applied to several colleges and only got accepted to penn state university. two years later, here i am leaving and applying to transfer to the university of cincinnati.

got accepted.... truth is it's easier to be accepted if you've been working full time at one job for a year plus or you are transferring.

both show dedication and maturity. if you're an adult and have held a job for 15 years, any college will accept you provided you don't have on campus housing in mind...usually.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I had my college interview earlier this week. Sent in my application form a few weeks ago.

So hopefully.. I'll be in college come September.