• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Constantly Fatiqued

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Lately (In the past 2 or 3 weeks) I have felt tired almost constantly, My diet is relatively balanced, vegetables, fruit, meat, dairy and bread consumed daily or at least every other day. I am in fairly good shape, within my weight range, not ripped but more muscular that most I know at my age, I get 7 - 9 hours sleep a night, I drink plenty of water, yet I always feel tired, not so tired that it is debilitating, but to the point I feel like I need a nap every day, I have tried sleeping less at night, sleeping more, etc. Anyone have any tips about this?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Lack of iron in your blood.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Lately (In the past 2 or 3 weeks) I have felt tired almost constantly, My diet is relatively balanced, vegetables, fruit, meat, dairy and bread consumed daily or at least every other day. I am in fairly good shape, within my weight range, not ripped but more muscular that most I know at my age, I get 7 - 9 hours sleep a night, I drink plenty of water, yet I always feel tired, not so tired that it is debilitating, but to the point I feel like I need a nap every day, I have tried sleeping less at night, sleeping more, etc. Anyone have any tips about this?
Maybe, just maybe, you're someone who needs biphasic sleeping, rather than monophasic...? Most people sleep 6-8 hourse a day. However, it seems some people find a better rythm in to times 3-4 hours.

Well, just a theory, considering you felt like you had to take another nap. Other than that, I have no idea. Well, that's true. Alien-parasites taking over your body, falling prey to a lifedraining curse or inteligent oxygen atoms purposely drifting away from you are just very unlikely possibilities.

Now that I think about it; oxygen. Although I assume you've got no problems with fresh air either.

EDIT:

That was actually my first guess, but I forgot to mention it...

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
But I eat plenty of meats to get iron, on top of other sources such as almonds and spinach.

Maybe, just maybe, you're someone who needs biphasic sleeping, rather than monophasic...? Most people sleep 6-8 hourse a day. However, it seems some people find a better rythm in to times 3-4 hours.
Would that be something that would just start up for no apparent reason though? It's only been recently.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Well so do I. I even eat pills with extra iron, but I suffer from a mysterious lack of iron the doctors can't seem to get to grips with. My symptoms (especially the random bouts of "I need a nap"-feelings) are identical to what you describe.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^Quite possible.

Well so do I. I even eat pills with extra iron, but I suffer from a mysterious lack of iron the doctors can't seem to get to grips with. My symptoms (especially the random bouts of "I need a nap"-feelings) are identical to what you describe.
Hmm, I'll have to take a look into that.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I have constant fatigue - no one can figure it out either. Had it since the onset of puberty and it never really went. Been tested for everything under the sun including cancer, MS, chronic fatigue, diabetes, thyroid problems, anaemia - you name it, they've shoved something in me to find out if I have it. Current thing they are doing at the moment are sleep studies which are stupid because no one can sleep normally with boxes and wires strapped to their body while a bunch of greasy, sweating med students stare at you through a mirrored window. All. Night. Long.

Little fact about spinach for you - whilst it contains high levels of iron, it also contains another something or other that reduces your ability to absorb it. Leafy green vegetables are better than red meats for iron content but eat them with a glass of OJ for the vitamin c to help with the absorption.

Any external factors that may be contributing to your fatigue? Stress, subconscious worrying which may be interrupting sleep without you realising? Change in routine?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
No routine change, I've always been stressed though.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Angel - anaemic high five?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Tomato+Onion=Potion of Restore Fatigue

Solution: Eat more tomatoes and onions.

You're welcome.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Take this beard of unlimited stamina.

beard-fashion-20.jpg

You just need to get it off this guy, he used to be obese, if you use this beard great things will happen!

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
I for one have had very same issue, and still do. There are so many causes of constant tiredness, that trying to diagnose it is a pain, even for most doctors. Eventually, I got diagnosed with chronic fatigue.

The cause however, is to be found by asking a load of questions – the scenes you'll most likely have to consider:

-You have tried to adjust your amount of sleep. Sure, but it doesn't help if you don't remain consistent with it. When you changed, did you stick to that scheme for longer than just a few days, consistently (e.g. meaning, going to bed at 0:00 and waking up at 7:30)?

-That said, did you use to have a lot of sleep deprivation for a long period of time?

-Do you drink excessive amounts of energy drink or products that contain Taurine and Caffeine?

-Do you use any type of drugs (including use of many (or often) medicines and alcohol)?

-What's your condition like? Are you a fit, or lazy person (fit surely as seen in your OP, but just how fit – 'fairly good shape' is too vague)?

-Suffered from depression (or still do)?

-Eating and/or blood (although already mentioned by Tsuyu) disorders (blood; lack of iron for instance)?

And one of the most important factors in causing pain to your body, or extreme fatigue: did or do you suffer stress? If you're not sure whether you feel stress or not, go to a psychologist or your doctor and let him ask a number of things regarding your social life, etc. and conclude whether you do suffer it (a lot) or not.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Agreed with Ojima, there are so many possible reasons for why you're suffering from constant fatigue that narrowing it down to one thing is no easy task. Take my ex-girlfriend for example, she too also suffers from constant fatigue yet lives a rather healthy lifestyle (save for her habit of smoking cigarettes). She goes through a lot of stress and her fatigue stems from what the doctors believe to be her immune system acting up, among other things.

Definitely consult with your doctor over this, you'll have a better chance of finding out what's wrong that way than with our help.

Lorelai

Reaction score
Is fatigue the only thing that is bothering you? In other words have you had any other sort of abnormal symptoms recently besides just being tired all the time? That would shed more light as if it is just fatigue most of the reasons I could think of have nearly been covered in previous replies. Those being some sort of anemia/iron deficiany, or chronic fatigue syndrome. Chronic fatigue is a diagnosis of exclusion and is usually made after testing for sort of pathological reasons have be done and came back negative.

The only other thing I can think of is some sort of sleep disorder which would need to be diagnosed by a sleep study at a facility or hospital. Sometimes sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, narcolepsy, periodic limb movement, etc are A-symptomatic besides what is actually going on while you are asleep. These disorders cause disruption in your natural sleep cycle and disturb your REM sleep, leaving your body fatigued AFTER waking up because it was so active while you were asleep. Therefore you'd have day time sleepiness and feel the urge to nap often.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Try doing drugs. Drugs help everyone.

No, but seriously, I couldn't donate blood due to the high amounts of iron in my blood and I'm still a sluggish guy. I'd try taking some vitamins and seeing what happens.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Is fatigue the only thing that is bothering you? In other words have you had any other sort of abnormal symptoms recently besides just being tired all the time?
Just in the past few days I have had an intense ache in my neck when I workout and stuff, and even when I'm not doing anything it's still a dull ache, but I think that is just a pulled muscle.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Sounds like stress. The fatigue/muscle tension especially in the shoulder and neck is what I usually get. Get someone to massage it and work it down for you. It'll even help your stress levels just by feeling less tense in that area.

Lorelai

Reaction score
Yes, def look into either getting a massage or buying of those massage neck pillow things. I have one, it also heats up and you can use it on your neck/back. You could have a pulled muscle from working out or a strain. Also if you're under alot of stress your body can sometimes go haywire with its pain signals and people can experience Myalgias.. the worst of said situation being Fibromyalgia which is often comorbid or related to chronic fatigue. These sort of conditions along with many autoimmune disorders are most common in women but it is foolish to think men CAN'T have these conditions because they can.

My advice would be to keep tabs on your pain and fatigue and take note if any new symptom arises or anything gets worse. If you're experiencing pain for more than a couple of weeks and your fatigue gets worse or doesn't improve it'd be wise to see a doctor.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Get someone to massage it and work it down for you
But don't get someone female and attractive or it might add to your stress, if you know what I mean. Unless you plan to relieve said stress in inventive ways following the massage...