• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Corrupted save file glitch - Anyone else have the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Lockwood

Reaction score
I was working all day on my Fable 3 game and really enjoying the story. I just became King, and was making the major decisions for Albion. I saved the game, and decided to take a break.

When I went to start up the game later on, it said my save file was corrupted and couldn't be loaded. I'm 99.9% sure I did NOT turn it off during the save. I then later went on line and discovered that there is a known issue with corrupted save files that a later patch is suppose to fix.

I installed the game to my hard drive prior to starting it. Not sure if that matters at this point or not.

I also read that one user used a flash drive instead of the hard drive to save his game, and has not had the issue since. Does anyone else have insite on this? I JUST became king for cryin' out loud!!!

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score
Its going to have its bugs. In a way you can think of it as an MMORPG, it has its glitches and such at first, people complain, patches are released, things get fixed. If you don't have connection to xbox live sucks to be you. Even though really that is a lack of quality control on both Microsoft and Lionhead's part.

Anyways I don't know about the whole flash drive thing. Really its random. Some people have better luck than others. I have had no problems with the game besides Jasper stopped talking to me, which was enough for me to restart the game. Its a great game anyways.

Really their is nothing you can do. You can either wait for the patch or start a new file. Its rather cut and dry.

SkylineF3

Reaction score
happened to me but it doesnt help to put it somewhere else its just a thing we have to wait for i had 44 hours of gameplay on my full evil kind with 12 legendarys and 12m coins =(

John Lockwood

Reaction score
Its going to have its bugs. In a way you can think of it as an MMORPG, it has its glitches and such at first, people complain, patches are released, things get fixed. If you don't have connection to xbox live sucks to be you. Even though really that is a lack of quality control on both Microsoft and Lionhead's part.

Anyways I don't know about the whole flash drive thing. Really its random. Some people have better luck than others. I have had no problems with the game besides Jasper stopped talking to me, which was enough for me to restart the game. Its a great game anyways.

Really their is nothing you can do. You can either wait for the patch or start a new file. Its rather cut and dry.

I do have xbox live. So, it 'doesn't suck to be me' in that regards. I found that portion of your reply some what ignorant, just for the record. To the others that responded as well, thank you. And thanks even more for being less ignorant.

I understand there is no such thing as perfect launch for any piece of software, but I just think it's pretty sad that SO MANY glitches and issues are involved within this title, especially when many of them where the same issues in Fable 2. You would think Lionhead would learn from past mistakes and spend a bit more time testing the game before launching it and slapping the great $59.99 price tag on it.

Thus far, It's a great game, and at times I don't have a lot of time to play it, or any other title for that matter. Would be nice to know that my saved game would be there for me without issue te next time I had free time to play it.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for the patch and keep an eye on Lionhead's website.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score
I do have xbox live. So, it 'doesn't suck to be me' in that regards. I found that portion of your reply some what ignorant, just for the record. To the others that responded as well, thank you. And thanks even more for being less ignorant.

I understand there is no such thing as perfect launch for any piece of software, but I just think it's pretty sad that SO MANY glitches and issues are involved within this title, especially when many of them where the same issues in Fable 2. You would think Lionhead would learn from past mistakes and spend a bit more time testing the game before launching it and slapping the great $59.99 price tag on it.

Thus far, It's a great game, and at times I don't have a lot of time to play it, or any other title for that matter. Would be nice to know that my saved game would be there for me without issue te next time I had free time to play it.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for the patch and keep an eye on Lionhead's website.

On the first bit, I was simply stating a fact. People who do not have connection to xbox live will continue to have problems with their games due to their inability to downloaded patches too said game which will obviously suck. Fable 3, is full of bugs which sucks and I obviously wasn't talking about you since you talked about the upcoming patch. So that portion of your statement, was in fact ignorant.

Also, fable 3 is a big game. Their are a lot of codes and such and its very big. Their is a little bit more things to do with it than in the making of a COD: BO level.

Other than that I agree it is a great game and etc. etc. etc.

So you enjoy the rest of your life, since you will probably never be on here again to check this reply.

John Lockwood

Reaction score
And yet here I am. Checking, AND replying.

And I know a thing or two about coding/games. After all, I've been down the road myself in writing programs and software. On another note, I do apologize as I misinterpreted your original post. And for that, again, sorry.

I figure that maybe my game getting corrupted was a blessing in disguise as I discovered that as the story progresses and you become king, I was no where near ready to continue the good story. Evil would be easy, but I'll be evil after I beat it through as the good hero.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score
And that their was an example of my ignorance, especially since for some reason I thought the thing that said new member said guest or something. Why I have no idea, especially since guests can't make threads. I guess I'm going senile.

I accept your apologies. Misinterpreting posts is an easy thing to do.

Really though continuing the good story isn't too hard, just buy a bunch of houses and rake in the cash for a couple days before making your kingly decisions and such. If money is the problem, I'm simply assuming since the 6.5m is the usual complication in attempting to complete the game as a good hero/king.

John Lockwood

Reaction score
In Fable 2, there was a money cheat that if you played it offline, and turned the clock/date ahead one year, you're money would rack up pretty quick if you owned property.

Will attempting to do this in Fable 3 cause a corrupted save? Cause I ready a couple of places online that if you jump to the year 2025 then it would give you all the money you need, but it actually causes a corrupted save...?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
In Fable 2, there was a money cheat that if you played it offline, and turned the clock/date ahead one year, you're money would rack up pretty quick if you owned property.

Will attempting to do this in Fable 3 cause a corrupted save? Cause I ready a couple of places online that if you jump to the year 2025 then it would give you all the money you need, but it actually causes a corrupted save...?
You don't get money while you're not in the game this time, so no.

John Lockwood

Reaction score
What about in the game? Like when 'paused' in the sanctuary? Does that count towards gaining money as time goes by? Isn't it like every 5 real time minuets that go by you get money from all your properties?

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score

I agree with you, but hey, what do you expect from the people who brought us Black and White 2. I'm hitting below the belt, I'm sorry. I'm just bitter cause after black and white 2, I had thought fable 2 semi redeemed them, but now with fable 3... all I have to say is this is one messed up rollercoaster.

Lewis

Reaction score
I got exactly the same thing, First i got it when it came out im a big fable fan and i completed the game done a glitch (Been patched now) and had 330million coins and it got corrupted, so i started again about a week later, and now when i was in the exact same place as you, making the decisions. I was wondering though how did you find out that it will be patched?

Status
Not open for further replies.