• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Could Fable 2 characters stand up to the Originals?

TLC-FTW

Wearer of Jack's Mask
Reaction score
The Hero of Brightwall - The "Fourth" Hero
Hammer - The Hero of Strength
Reaver - The Hero of Skill
Garth - The Hero of Will

It seems as if the Heroes of Fable 2/3 degraded largely from the first, which seemed to be the prime of the Heroes Guild. Could these heroes even stand up to the ones from the Original? I mean, the thing about the "4 heroes" obviously works with the first as well.

The Hero of Oakvale - The "Fourth" Hero
Thunder - The Hero of Strength
Briar Rose - The Hero of Skill
Maze - The Hero of Will

In side-by-side comparison, the great heroes from Fable 2 completely pale in comparison to the greats from the original. What's your guys's opinions, were the heroes from Fable 2 even in the same range of power as the original ones?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Lore-wise, no they would be on the same level as the originals. The further you go in the timeline, the weaker the special Hero bloodline has become. Just like how the Hero in the original would pale in comparison to earlier Heroes.

TLC-FTW

Wearer of Jack's Mask
Reaction score
You think the Hero of Oakvale would pale in comparison to the likes of Nostro, or William? Possibly William, but remember that when Black defeated Jack of Blades, he wielded the Sword of Aeons--In the Hero's final battle with him, Jack wielded the Sword of Aeons and The Hero only could use weapons of normal power. I wouldn't think a hero like that would pale in comparison to the likes of those two.

TLC-FTW

Wearer of Jack's Mask
Reaction score
(Sorry for double-post)

I would have thought the difference between Thunder, Briar, Mace and Hammer, Reaver, Garth would have to do with level of training, knowledge of the ancient arts of strength/skill/will, and all of that more than a receeding bloodline.