• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Customization: How Complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josky

Reaction score
And here's why I ask. I have a friend who's black. And... "proud". He agreed to try to play Fable III, but a day later he told me he broke the disc 'cause he was tired of playing as some "white pussyboy".
It did get me to thinking, though not about wether he was on and medication and how awful the Male Hero's voice actor was: why are you always white in Fable? What if you want your Hero to look as much like you as possible, but you're, say, Hispanic, or Asian? Why can't you change your Hero's skin tone? This little add-on may or may not win Lionhead some fans they lost with The Journey's announcement, but fans would definately be won over.
And accents would be nice, too. I think my king would sound a lot more intimidating if he sounded like Till Lindemann or Jim Carrey rather than, say, 11-year-old Harry Potter. One thing at a time, though.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
To be honest, your friend sounds like a moron. You see, the Archon's bloodline has always been of white pussyboys/girls, and there is absolutely no reason to change it. Why fix what isn't broken? Your skin tone does change in Fable III (alas, you become paler)
The voice however, I completely agree. It should be based out of morality, strenght, will and skill.
Also, I do have noticed that the PC in The Journey looks a bit more, um colored I believe might be the word, than previous ones.

Lionheart

Reaction score
Whilst your friend worded his opinion quite harshly I have to agree that there should be some form of character customisation regarding the basics of your character. Skin colour, eye colour, body build, hair colour etc should all be customisable at the start. What we are given with Fable is a base character who can be dressed up and made to lose/gain weight, with the ability to dye their hair but no decision over skin colour and other necessary character traits.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Drop the brightness in the game (And for a complete Blackout, the TV as well) to '1' and squint. Enjoy!
But agreed some more customization would be nice, though I thouroghly enjoyed the hero of Fable 3's looks / voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.