• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dear Lionshead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marltone

Reaction score
I'm about done with the Fable series.

I loved Fable I and Fable II. I thought that, despite any minor glitches either game had, they were well designed and interesting. This game, alone, has ruined not only my perception of the Fable franchise, but also the entire Lionshead company. Of course, people will continue to buy Fable as long as Lionshead (or anyone, really) keeps making them, but I for one am finished.

From the get go, this game has totally bewildered me with its apparent lack of debugging. First people were having issues with the custom villager maker. Obviously, something as innovative as this would come with its drawbacks: Confused people, misread codes, lost accounts. I say, overall, it worked relatively well, although I can't import my character into my game due to a relatively simple issue.

Now, the crux of the matter. I am only a few hours into the game. Having just recruited some of my first allies, and unlocked a couple of gates on the Road to Rule, Jasper no longer speaks. The start menu is, effectively, no longer a start menu for any convenient purposes. I must fast-travel out of the room, and once already have found myself trapped in there during a quest (resulting in a reset and lost save). People are making complaints about being trapped in a floating gray abyss during a quest that I have not even reached yet (The Game) This mortifies me, because even if I somehow fix the old Jasper/Sanctuary glitch, I may still find myself trapped after even more time is invested into this game.

Now, on top of this whole Sanctuary madness, I was on the Road to Rule, struggling to sidestep any further glitches in the game, when I unlocked the Ice spell. This, unfortunately, froze my character in place. I could spin the camera slightly, but was immobile completely. I spent good money on this game, money that I can't even get back thanks to the policies at pretty much every video game retailer in the world. I expect Lionshead will release a patch at some point in the next week for most, if not all, of these glitches. Nonetheless, I have never been so upset with a purchase, and that they could have released a game with this many flaws expecting us to drink their kool-aid like mindless consumers.

The rumors going around from the people that have beaten the game seem to imply that being a King isn't all its cracked up to be. From the sounds of it, kingship plays a relatively minor role in the game with little for the player to really gain from the experience. I'm not there yet, so I'll reserve personal judgment, but it's tough to go further into this game knowing about all the technical drawbacks that just make the final product seem rushed.

I love having extra free content to download, even if its a weapon I'll never use. I love when a patch is released to fix something so small that I hardly noticed it in the first place. Hell, I love when I have to purchase an expansion on X-Box live that offers me a few extra quests, items, and areas to explore! I do NOT love purchasing a video game, investing my time into playing, and then being forced to wait days for even an acknowledgment from the company that parts of the game are inherently flawed to such a degree that they make it, literally, unplayable. I believe I speak for the entire community when I say this: Conscientious consumers will not stand for this level of arrogance from any business in any market. Rushing a game for completion (read: 4th Quarter Profits) is unacceptable!

Would a novelist release a book half finished, with sentence fragments and missing pages? Would this novelist then tell his readers to check back in the bookstore in a few days or weeks for this missing pieces so the reader can finish the story? Does a movie theater ask the viewers to check back in a week for the second half of a film, abruptly ending it just before the climax?

Obviously not! This is not just bad business, but unethical! Where are the weights and measures for the video game industry that keep the consumer fairly guarded against this kind of highway robbery? Some people claim to have invested nearly $100.00 into this installment of the Fable series alone, and what do they have to show for it? Beautiful aesthetics and shoddy performance, a drink coaster of a video game disc, sitting back in its box, perfectly worthless.

Although, I preordered the limited edition, so perhaps I'll take the hint from Lionshead, and just play War with cards instead.

Sincerely,
A Loyal Fan Betrayed

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Dear Retard:

You do not even know their name. And you're on a fansite, not their official forums.

Sincerely,
Someone who appreciates the years of work Lionhead puts into their awesome game.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
Does a movie theater ask the viewers to check back in a week for the second half of a film, abruptly ending it just before the climax?

Yes they do! Harry Potter and the deathly hollows (or whatever it is)

Dear Retard:

You do not even know their name. And you're on a fansite, not their official forums.

Sincerely,
Someone who appreciates the years of work Lionhead puts into their awesome game.

I agree. What I am bewilded (?) by is the fact that he says he is a loyal fan but doesn't even know how to spell their name correctly.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Because of the typo I read the title in a Sean Connery accent.

Now I'm going to read the entire post like that.

BAHAHAHA! THAT WAS FUN!

But seriously...

I do NOT love purchasing a video game, investing my time into playing,

I stopped listening around here.

Marltone

Reaction score
By all means, read this in a Sean Connery accent.

Pick apart my grammar all you wish, I apologize for one spelling mistake, it bewilders me that I missed it. That said, from now on I'll refer to Lionhead as Microsoft Game Studios Europe because that's all the company really is :| (It was probably my proximity to Lionshead Brewery that confused me). Otherwise, the point stands. This game is filled with glitches that should have been caught before release.

Tyrant Lord, I apologize for offending you. Years of work doesn't always lead to incredible results. I'm not sure what is happening in video game studios, but my point is poignant. There are little measures in the video game industry to protect the consumer. I realize this is a fansite (the best one there is), and I have already sent my complaint letter to Microsoft Game Studios Europe via conventional methods, and posted it on their website's forums. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones that was not subject to the awful glitches. I, on the other hand, dealt with mine within 4 hours of starting the game. I would love to appreciate Lionhead Studios for what they've done, and I had the same attitude as you after Fable II when I read people's complaints regarding the amount of promised content cut from the final product. Unfortunately, they did it again. I remember specifically watching a clip by Peter Molyneux himself regarding the dismal failure that was Fable II's glitches, and promising for a smoother game in Fable III. Well, just by reading the amount of complaints I see on the boards, I'd say that by his standards he failed to uphold his promise.

As for Harry Potter, I'd argue that at least we were expecting it to be released in two parts. :/

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with Marltone on this one. I am extremely disappointed with Fable III and not just because of the glitches (I was expecting those). I honestly thought I was getting a great game and I even had so much faith in Lionhead that I went out of my way and spent an extra $30 just to get the Limited Edition. I also went to the midnight release of the game just so I could get it but... I wish I hadn't.

There's a dozen problems with this game that have nothing to do with the glitches but if you add those in, well... this game isn't even worth renting. My faith in PM and Lionhead has definitely been shaken and I sincerely doubt I'll even bother with the last two game.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
I'm just going to say this..

There's millions of people that enjoy Mozart, and millions more that think he had no talent.
There's millions of screaming fan girls that love Twilight, there's millions more [rational] people that don't.
There's always gonna be haters who would rather tear something apart and look at only flaws rather than taking something for what it is.

All I have to say is

HATERS GONNA HATE.

Night S1ash

Reaction score
I havent played it yet
But my friends has
played through 3 times so far
No glitches
Check your disk

Urath

Reaction score
Agreed the game has its flaws such as being stuck in one place rotating around like a plastic dildo or waiting for the child from the missing child quest to stop taking a dump but nonetheless i rather enjoyed the game i was a bit ****ed off about having only one morph weapon type, the ending boss took only two stupid shots with magic the fact i raised all the money i could for dramatic climax at the end my response "oh wait every1 is dead no1 can worship me" i have nothing against the game i have loved the previous as well but much like these the hype was not all it was cut out to be coz the bastard PM builds up every fable release and manages to continue to bullshit me in miraculous ways and what it seems 50% of the population i don't know how whatever all in all i enjoyed the game it had some fable 3 elements which i really liked, the characters were superb jasper being my favourate and the gameplay being orgasmic apart from the occasional hiccups which i assume will be polished in a weeks time fingers crossed in conclusion probably one of my best buys, I have had ****ter games e.g two worlds = worst game on the 360 (still cannot beleive i completed it)
BTW the dog is a ****ing Rtard i find chests and dig sites be4 that dipshit

Andrew McKenzie

Reaction score
Oh. First, as said. This is not their official forums so thus, they will never see your complaints.
It's a fan-based forum.

2. Instead of complaining about it on a fan forum, why don't you go put your time to better uses, like getting a "better" game.

3. All glitches found in Fable II and III can be easily rectifiable by installing the game directly to the harddrive. With that done, you will encounter 0 glitches (it's worked for me).

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
I understand where your coming from but I cant listen cos im playing this awesome game called Fable 3!!!

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score
The start menu is, effectively, no longer a start menu for any convenient purposes. I must fast-travel out of the room, and once already have found myself trapped in there during a quest (resulting in a reset and lost save).

So you're saying, from what I hear at least; you can only leave the room from fast travelling?
JUST PRESS START AGAIN AND YOU LEAVE! SHEESH!

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I'm just going to say this..

There's millions of people that enjoy Mozart, and millions more that think he had no talent.
There's millions of screaming fan girls that love Twilight, there's millions more [rational] people that don't.
There's always gonna be haters who would rather tear something apart and look at only flaws rather than taking something for what it is.

All I have to say is

HATERS GONNA HATE.

Ignoring the blatant flaws a game, movie, etc. has does not make you right. Not to mention it gives the company the idea that it's okay to produce a mediocre game because people will buy it anyway.

James161324

Reaction score
I enjoyed it. But it was a disappointment. It seemed for every step forward from fable II, it took 2 or 3 steps back.

Vash157

Reaction score
ok i get the point of being mad about the mess ups in the game but it happens when you rush stuff....just wait for the update before you start your crying and complaining about a game you bought regardless and if there is a fable 4 i'll still buy it cause the others ones were really good and so was this one

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
ok i get the point of being mad about the mess ups in the game but it happens when you rush stuff....just wait for the update before you start your crying and complaining about a game you bought regardless and if there is a fable 4 i'll still buy it cause the others ones were really good and so was this one

A simple update will fix some of the glitches but it won't fix what's really wrong with this game.

Elisha

Reaction score
I've had No Glitches, it's either a crappy Xbox or disc :)

Vash157

Reaction score
I've had No Glitches, it's either a crappy Xbox or disc :)

i've had a few but nothing major as to what some other people are saying

A simple update will fix some of the glitches but it won't fix what's really wrong with this game.

most of what people are complaining about can be fixed by an update other than that it's the disc or the xbox as Elisha said

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
most of what people are complaining about can be fixed by an update other than that it's the disc or the xbox as Elisha said

You obviously don't understand what I just said. Also, no, it's not a crappy Xbox or the disc. There's no way so many people can have that many defective games/Xbox's especially when the previous game had a bunch of glitches as well.

Vash157

Reaction score
You obviously don't understand what I just said. Also, no, it's not a crappy Xbox or the disc. There's no way so many people can have that many defective games/Xbox's especially when the previous game had a bunch of glitches as well.

fable 2 and 3 worked fine on mine when i first go them minus a few bugs but that's it

Status
Not open for further replies.