• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dialog Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheBeast

Dialog Choices

i think dialog chocies would be a great idea. it could effect ur persons personatly of being evil or good. this would also let u talk to ur wife and the guild master and other poeple around albion.=]

S

Skorm_Knight

Re: Dialog Choices

Yeah, I agree. This would vastly improve the flirting in Fable, since all it involved was pressing a few hot keys till the heart maxed out. It could also greatly improve among other things and add new things like if you choose to be evil, you could threaten everyone in town to give you money. That way, you could actually use their fear to your advantage. Or if you choose to be good, you could say things that would make you seem modest after doing a good deed and the citizens could elect you as mayor.

U

Ulicus

Dialog choices are as unneccessary in Fable as they are in the Legend of Zelda.

To quote the beggar "Use your imagination". I can think up a lot more things for my hero to say than a game can...

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dialogue choices would be interesting but I always figured thats what the expressions were for- in a rather lack lustre way of course but they did effect how people reacted to you...

I would really like the ability to check objects and read a small description on them or something. It would a little more depth to the game being able to interact with almost every item around you.

F

Fuzi0n

A voice choice would be cool too.
You could have really deep evil voice if you want your character to be evil.
And perhaps even choosing that voice, it would modify your allignment.

And a nice hero voice for good.
Again, an allignment modifyer =D

C

Crazyarms

the voice im not so sure about, but the dialog choices would rock. kinda like KoTOR

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
the voice im not so sure about, but the dialog choices would rock. kinda like KoTOR

Yeah, adds more of a RPG element to the game and would also create a kind of branching story and could be another way to affect the good/evil alignment.

C

Crazyarms

definatly, but i know a game that managed to do the dialog choices with the character actually saying the choice. its call Invisible War. Its an okay game, but it has a great stroy to it. it has everything that you guys want to see in the next fable. the story changes depending which side your on, its deeper, you can be a female, and you can make lots more choices.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
definatly, but i know a game that managed to do the dialog choices with the character actually saying the choice. its call Invisible War. Its an okay game, but it has a great stroy to it. it has everything that you guys want to see in the next fable. the story changes depending which side your on, its deeper, you can be a female, and you can make lots more choices.

Dues Ex Invisible war you mean? The original got voted one of best games ever made.

F

funky_fable

dude i own it......................wellused to oen it it got stolen

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

funky_fable;30698 said:
dude i own it......................wellused to oen it it got stolen

you resurected like a 7 month old thread, please refrain from doing that.???

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Why to not resurect an old thread?
Being a n00b the board it's all new to me. What harm is it?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;32010 said:
Why to not resurect an old thread?
Being a n00b the board it's all new to me. What harm is it?

I don't think there's any harm in ressurecting a 2 month old thread, but this was...7 months old.
and I thought it was in the rules somplace.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

It's what is called thread bumping and the reason most forums frown upon it is because it can be a way to get a thread back to the top of the "recent posts" board and also increase someone's post count with nothing more than them saying "woo hoo! yeah!" or the like.

Some people start a thread, no one answers and then they just keep posting to bring it back to the top - like an online tantrum. If a thread is really really old, then there is usually a very good reason why, so it's best not to try and resurrect it.

If in doubt, ask a question and someone will direct you to the appropriate thread - and as Sephi said, there are rules, as with any decent forum:

Forum Rules

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Thanks again for all your help

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

No trouble :D

E

element1

I would defintly want some dialogue chocies because it makes the whole game more fun. It would be like KOTOR but even better

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Dialog choices would be alright as long as the dialog didn't interrupt game play. The dialog in KotOR dominated the game and slowed down the action some. It was necessary at time due to all the different languages in the game, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.