• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Difficulty setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score
Difficulty setting

Does anyone know if their will be a difficulty setting in Fable 3 or if Lionhead have said it will be more difficult than fable 2? I was dissapointed by the lack of one in F2 and am currently having to compensate by not going above 2 stars in toughness and not using any types of potions. I would appreciate difficulty

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score
Re: Difficulty setting

no, the game gets gradually more difficult as you play, so there is no difficulty setting. The game may be harder as a lot of people commented at the time about the ease of play

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;414477 said:
The game may be harder as a lot of people commented at the time about the ease of play

Do you mean people complained about how easy fable 2 was and so they've changed it?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

There's no need for a difficulty setting for game like Fable III. Yes, Fable III may be action, however this thing has been suggested many and many times over and over. This isn't going to happen, a difficulty setting isn't necessary.

First of all, Peter Molyneux and various other Lionhead developers mentioned many times either in the interviews or at the Lionhead Community Forums, that Fable III will be indeed more harder than the older two games.

Secondly, a difficulty setting doesn't fit with the world of Fable. Even when the monsters, creatures had more health points or a bigger damage, that would simply slow down the game, because let me remind you, there's the leveling system which will make the hero even stronger meanwhile he kills creatures.

Finally, the game of Fable III is an Action-RPG, the game might focus mostly on its action side, however it still is an RPG. Not many RPG's of this genre (Action-RPG) have a difficulty setting, the few that have one are completely other types of games compared to Fable. (because of their differences either in the mechanics and how the game works)

Fable isn't made for difficulty settings, just developers that need to focus more on giving the players some difficulty on the right moment. However, when you boost your hero with full strenght and just use the best sword in-game, of course the game is easy. Try to make a run of Fable II without skilling your hero up, even harder try to make a run of Fable The Lost Chapters without skilling your hero.

However, in Fable III there won't be the default weapons, armor that will be considered the best of the game and everyone will wear. Thanks to the leveling system, every weapon, hero will be different and have an unique likeness to separe casual players from hard-core players.

Fable III, will also reward the hard-core players with their dedication, some of such things have been told from Lionhead, however there are a lot of things that haven't been announced to the community yet, that we will see in the release of the game.

Blestb;414481 said:
Do you mean people complained about how easy fable 2 was and so they've changed it?

Many people complained about Fable II. The game was fairly easy, especially with a boost method. However it had a mediocre difficulty increase if you played the game with just one of the three hero disciplines.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

DarkONI;414486 said:

Try to make a run of Fable II without skilling your hero up

Well thats what im doing as i said above, but it just feels unrealistic as i know im cheating myself and could make the game easier by playing properly

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;414490 said:
Well thats what im doing as i said above, but it just feels unrealistic as i know im cheating myself and could make the game easier by playing properly

However, that's a challenge that the difficulty setting would offer, the game gets harder and harder, of course when you have no skills the game is extremely hard, because you can't fight with your full potential, you are limited as a hero and you have to find various ways to win over your enemies.

Of course, this would be time consuming, just like a difficulty setting. It could it be either increased creature health points, damage or lower hero skills and so on. The game would just slow down and give some challenge to the player. Unrewarded in Fable II. However, it will be in Fable III from what it seems.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Complaining is useless, accept what is.

numb3rs

Guilty Pleasure
Reaction score

yeah, i reckon it would definitely be better if there was a changeable difficulty system, even just to add replayability

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Vicious Dice;414738 said:
Complaining is useless, accept what is.

Helpful. And very zen.

Status
Not open for further replies.