• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DLC Worth it?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: DLC Worth it?

Duh, but we're saying that buying something you don't have for less, is better than buying something you already have half of for more.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Well, this doesn't change my opinion. I would prefer to buy a GOTY edition of the game, which could cost less than the price of the two DLC's combined and to have less chances of finding any glitches related with downloading Fable II's DLCs

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

Considering the time and effort that it takes to find a GOTY at a perfect price, at a specific place, and the price, it just makes sense to get a regular.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

"oh, hey i haven't looked into the fable 2 section in a while. i wonder how active it is these days. look! people i know from the forests of albion section AND new faces. i wonder what they are talking abo

OH DEAR GOD THAT IS SUCH A USELESS DEBATE HIT THE BACK BUTTON QUICKLY BEFORE THERE ARE MORE REPLIES"

Mastperf

Reaction score

It's worth it just to go back to Oakvale.

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

Nice job using a spoiler alert Mr. Mastperf hehe... next time be sure to use one

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

DarkONI;435339 said:
No, you don't require anything from Fable II's DLC for Fable III. The only thing that will pass to Fable III will be your final Fable II choice that will eventually apply little changes in your Albion. (such as a zone is richer or poor and such minimalistic changes)

However, Fable II's DLC's are good and provide a certain degree of fun, also if you have lost your faithful companion you may bring your dog back to life with Knothole Island DLC.

This depends on every person and Fable II player, to be honest. Therefore, you should check them out fourthly yourself using various review sites and/or youtube videos, which will give you an idea of what the DLCs really give you, a Fable II player as an additional experience to the game.

actually its been stated that things from DLC (choices) will appear in III

Mastperf

Reaction score

MrNoob;435972 said:
Nice job using a spoiler alert Mr. Mastperf hehe... next time be sure to use one
Well, it was talked about by Lionhead in one of the developer diaries so I assumed it was common knowledge among most Fable fans. Besides, the best part is actually going there and running around.
I apologize if I ruined anything. :)

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

I mean I've played the game 17 times, it's not spoiling anything for me, but there are some people who are new or have never played F2, so try to keep stuff like that with a warning <3

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

OMG guys, Jack of Blades comes back at the end of TLC!

When a game is new, yeah spoiler tags are important, but See the Future's been out for a good 18 months, and most people here have played the **** out of it.