• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

do you get to create your own name or choose one

grimgoth

3-runa
Reaction score
do you get to create your own name or choose one

i wnat to know weather you choose or create a name and if you choose what names do you wnat to see

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score
Re: do you get to create your own name or choose one

What do you mean? My TLC name Is Chunk Deuce.

grimgoth

3-runa
Reaction score

in fable 2

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Maybe you get to choose it, or not. Though I still think they will keep the title system, so no matter what you name your character, NPCs will still respond to you with your title.

This is just my speculation, of course.

D

Darg

Tsuyu;160717 said:
Maybe you get to choose it, or not. Though I still think they will keep the title system, so no matter what you name your character, NPCs will still respond to you with your title.

This is just my speculation, of course.

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good system, because it allowed you to technically "choose" your name by what title you actually bought. Maybe it should be less of actually buying who you are and more of gaining it by what you do. In real life, you can't just go and buy a nickname. It has to be earned (whether good or bad). If you run around being a total village idiot, obviously you'll be Arseface. If you go kill people a-la-stealth, Assassin. Simple enough, I think. ;)

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Actually guys, its still goes by a title, I'll fetch the interview for you.

But basically you still buy titles, but this time you buy them from the town crier and not a title vendor.

Edit: this is an old blog entry ;)

"
On the topic of Hero Titles
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-off.gif

Published Thursday, December 06, 2007 2:25 PM by Sam
icon_f22.gif

You will probably remember our community call from a couple of weeks ago, where we asked you all politely to Insult our Hero. After having read well over 8,000 suggestions we really had a lot to work with... and then a couple of months ago we posted our other community call, which was the Hero Title Competition.
One of the biggest questions that came up is actually about how you as a player can achieve these titles. After having wandered upstairs and talked to a designer on the team I got it pretty much nailed down. It seems like the Hero Title system in Fable 2 is going to be subtly different from the system in the original Fable. You will still have to pay for your title but instead of visiting the Hero Vendor NPC, this time it's the Town Crier who can help you with this. But instead of having pretty much any title available at any given time, it depends completely on how you play the game. Some titles will be available from the beginning but these are the basic ones. The more obscure titles (like Lionheart to give one example) will need to be unlocked, either by doing a (series of) quest(s) or by doing other things that I can't elaborate on (as it would spoil too many game features we haven't mentioned yet). In the original Fable there were around 19 titles available (if my memory serves me right), in Fable 2 we will have more than 20 titles.

Just as a reminder, the winning Hero Title (as voted for by the public) was Lionheart - as submitted by Kate Morris.
Next week I'll be spending most of my time in London, because the first voice recording sessions are taking place! Just the Artificial Intelligence lines alone are already standing at 35,000 lines. To compare, Fable 1 'only' had 12,000 AI lines! There are going to be more villager voices and as I said, next week we'll be recording the first 4,000 AI lines. Plus, we have got some top talent doing the voice acting for key characters in Fable 2, sadly enough (for you) the powers-that-be won't allow me to mention their names (goes to show just how big they are). But I'm sure I can get some footage next week, to be included in a future Lionhead Video Diary... ;) "

find link here: Fable 2 Development : On the topic of Hero Titles

S

sabre3993

I wish there'd be some sorta dialouge system, after the last fable only hearin him cry, and scream NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

I wouldn't think so....

chasep2829

Reaction score

Huh. That is a very good question. It kind of made me mad when we had to choose a name from people. I hope that in the beginning screen when it asks you to creat a new game it will probly have another screen pop up so you can choose your gender and hopefully type in a name. Although im just guessing. It just kind of makes sence that way.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

big names in voice acting? like...eric idle? i'm confused....

S

skiboyne

Im gonna have to think that no, you wont be able to name your character but then again maybe you can.

F

FableFreak

I'd like ny own name, but I'd prefer being able to choose a title from the game so people will address you as a title other than "Hero".

S

Solus

They should include a list of commonly used names (which the NPC's actually say) so if you do have a common name, like me for example (BTW my name is John :thumbsup:) you should be able to enter it in the beginning and hear the NPC's say your name.