• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you miss the expression wheel?

Do you miss the expression wheel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alkie81

Reaction score
Yes I miss being able to choose what expression I want to use instead of being forced to cycle through random expressions (and they've dropped all but about 10 out of the 40 or so expressions that you could do in Fable 2). It's beyond ridiculous being forced to dance with male shopkeepers so I can get discounts.

Reaction score
Anything that takes the choice away from the player is a step backwards.Why must "Shake Hands" be replaced with "Dance" and never ever be available again?
In Fable 2 I didn't think a great deal of it, only after it was removed in Fable 3 did I start to miss it, it made pleasing a large number of people easier, all this bullshit interaction and quests, although makes relationships seem more realistic I guess, is annoying and takes forever, especially where you have to get 20 ppl to love you for that achievement.
Pretty much that.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
I miss the expression wheel too.

I miss having that little timing bar, no matter how mundane it looked. It required a slight finesse to pull off a perfect emote, but the reaction was always decent. Now, you can pull off a perfect emote with ease, and it's no good thing (IMO).

I also hate having to dance with a bloke and kiss his hand afterward just to make friends with him. I'm not homophobic or anything, but what sort of Hero goes around kissing blokes hands?

Having to hold everyones hand to take them places? We should be able to just walk with our arms round their shoulders, and lead them to wherever. At least it would neutralise that annoying effect, where their hand isn't even holding yours.

Don't even get me started on the fetch quests. I was fine with taking people on dates, but travelling across Albion to pick up someones 'secret item'? Sirrius black?

So yes, I think it should be brought back. And the timing bar. I wanna be able to shake someones hands to make friends, not play pat-a-cake and hug them.

Status
Not open for further replies.