• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think there is not enough fighting in fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan Own

Music is my life. Favorite concert hall in Denver!
Reaction score
I've been thinking that we do not have enough fighting in fable III. The gameplay has improved a lot from fable II. always down for a conversation

Gamertag: Dvlan159

Archmenel

Reaction score
I thought the amount of fighting was adequate, as with Fable II. Blood-spilling isn't my primary interest, though it could be considered a close second *grins*. More difficult fights would have been nice.

However, it would have been nice to see more diversity in the foes you face. And I still would really like to know the story behind Sator's innumerable clones out there - all set with cigar in mouth and ample fireball talents. It could easily be blamed on lazy work by Lionhead (which is what I will be reduced to) but I would be chuffed to have a real explanation.

Dylan Own

Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from. Do you mean that all the "Bosses" would be a lot harder if they made some "Bosses" be more classified like with only flying "Bosses"? And I am not a Blood_spilling gamer and I was thinking it would be nice to have bigger fights and harder bosses. Hopefully Lionhead explains what is UP!

Reaction score
I think the amount of fighting was nice in fable 3, better bosses like the ones in fable 1.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I thought the amount of fighting was adequate, as with Fable II. Blood-spilling isn't my primary interest, though it could be considered a close second *grins*. More difficult fights would have been nice.

However, it would have been nice to see more diversity in the foes you face. And I still would really like to know the story behind Sator's innumerable clones out there - all set with cigar in mouth and ample fireball talents. It could easily be blamed on lazy work by Lionhead (which is what I will be reduced to) but I would be chuffed to have a real explanation.

I guess it's just my years of playing Dynasty Warriors but I enjoy killing wave after wave of enemies especially in large groups and I was actually hoping to see something like that what with overthrowing Logan and fighting off the Darkness. However, I completely agree about the difficult fights part. Being a pure caster is difficult on its own but once you get the hang of it, it gets a bit easier so it would have been nice if they game had gotten harder to kind of balance things out for me.

Dylan Own

Reaction score
I think that they should of made the fighting where as you level up the mosters level up before you a little to make the game harder.
The darkness fight could of been a lot longer!

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
I found that will was a bit too easy for me...
I would like longer fights against weak enemies, then I can fool myself into thinking I'm fantastic!

Archmenel

Reaction score
*laughs*

Yes, a healthy mix of both faceless and unforgivably easy to eviscerate opponents with nearly impossible to overcome 'bosses' would be nice.

Michael0100101

Reaction score
Hmm, well. The particular reason I like fable is the atmosphere, and the sense of adventure. Its also the type of game where I equally value a good sword and cool outfit, even though the outfit doesn't help m anyway whatsoever in the game. I think there was enough fighting, but not enough variety in enemies. Its basically just bandits and hollowmen, maybe some hobbes.

Dirty Machete

Reaction score
Lack of enemy variety was my biggest issue with combat. I agree on the Saker clones, what's up with that? Otherwise I feel there's an adequate amount of fighting, especially if you're not fast traveling everywhere.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
All I seemed to do was fight! Every time I travel to Millfields, I get accosted by a mix of Mercs and Balverines - if I go to Mourningwood it's all Hobbes and Hollow Men. But it keeps things busy if you prefer taking the scenic route rather than fast travelling - otherwise it's all just a load of walking with nothing else to do.

Dylan Own

Reaction score
Well I think with spell casters that after about level 3-4 you get really overpowerd. So if the bosses and fights were bassed on your main skill could make fable 3 that much more amazing! With this post I was not trying to say thay fable 3 was bad. Just some places could be improved. I'm happy to see this post is causing people talk!:) It makes me feel good because I'm really new to the projectego forum world!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.