• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anbody miss having katanas,axes,cleavers etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
They really shouldn't have gone with that weapon morphing system, it's pathetic. You get 6 or 7 possabilities per weapon piece maximum and most of them don't even look that good! And as for the whole bows/crossbows issue, I'm pretty sure that archery was a popular enough sport among those high up, it doesn't seem at all strange to me that a king/queen may have a big enough ego to feel that they can take on the world with a 500 year old axe and a longbow. And then there's the power issues; surely a bow can't be as strong as a rifle? Well it can't, but then, a rifle doesn't tear the flesh in the same way as a bow does. Bows would compensate for their lack of initial damage with continual bleed damage, plus a chance that the enemy would pull the arrow out, and because of the way some of the more savage arrows are shaped, the act of ripping it out in the heat of combat would greatly harm the wounded. Balance issue sorted.
Of course this would still make bows useless with Fable 3 being easier than Pretty Polly at the Darkwood Bordello. Difficulty settings would be nice.

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
I miss my axe off Fable 2. I gave it a name and everything. And the reactions from villagers was hilarious.

But I love the hammers in Fable 3. I called mine Pippin :3

Reaction score
I miss having katana's. I'm hoping in Fable 4 they have a legendary katana that's a dual wielding set of some sort. Maybe adding dual wielding in the game

Bows/Crossbows give the rpg a more "magical, midevil" setting IMO. Hopefully they bring these back as well.

firemetadragon

Reaction score
I miss it. I do love the uniqueness of Fable 3's weaponry, but I miss having a rusty death cleaver on my back, or the option of using a katana.

nerdtacular

krazy n3rd
Reaction score
Yeah, I loved the katanas. Those were the only swords I used. I also miss the ability to die and run out of mana.

Bluedrake

Reaction score
I really miss the cleavers. Both my Fable TLC and Fable 2 hero had a master cleaver with augments (sharpening augmentation was so cool!). I missed the augments a lot in 3. Why couldn't we choose them anymore? If weapon morphing had depended on augments instead of random factors it would have been so cool! Come to think of it, a lot of the augments in 2 were just silly (bewitching augment comes to mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.