• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does It Constitute Lying To Your Customers If...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autarch

Reaction score
So, yes, does it count as lying to your customers (as in, doing something that's widely considered a sin in every industry except apparently the gaming one) if you talk about what is going to be in game (but actually isn't) in various interviews upto release date?

I mean, in the past (Fable 1&2, Black and White 1&2) Peter usually shut up about six months before release. (When the game is pretty much set in stone and you know what features are cut.) He didn't for Fable 3. He kept blabbing on about mechanics that would be in game but essentially weren't.

After the rest of Lionhead's releases, I was wary of everything PM said (as with any game, really, never trust early interviews since they're what they HOPE to achieve, not what they have achieved) but as he got closer and closer to release, I started thinking, "Hell, this might actually be a feature complete game release by Lionhead! That's a turn up for the books and that's awesome!"

And then it's came out and people have complained about removed features.

I mean, it's blatantly obvious that, in later interviews, Molyneux KNEW these features weren't going to make it into game and yet he carried on claiming they would be. This means, of course, that he was essentially outright lying to his consumer base about the quality, scope and depth of his product, something that would get him hung, drawn and quartered in any other market sector.

So, the question is, does this actually constitute lying to your consumer base or merely stirring up hype / something along those lines?

Autarch

Reaction score
"Aurora is going to be far larger than Albion" was said pretty much upto release.

And then it was like five zones.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
There's most likely some legal mumbo-jumbo clause somewhere that makes it all fine and dandy.

Reaction score
there isnt a jail to throw people that you dont like you can throw them into a factory or hand them over to a guard but thats not throwing someone into a cell and letting them rott

Xenolithium

Reaction score
The Weapon Morphing is what comes to mind for me. We were told it would happen on the fly, and would change depending on your play style. But in reality...it seems to be no where near like that. Only factors I've found out on weapon morphing are when you level up, and do challenges, like kill 300 Hollow men.

Also, there was talk about how your GameScore would play a role in weapon development and such. To my knowledge, it hasn't.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
We should beseige lionhead and make them come up with a patch to change all these broken promises!
Who's with me! Grab your flaming torches and your pitchfolks!

Status
Not open for further replies.