• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Donor Organs

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Are there any reasons not to give them away, when you die? Except for them being unuseful, of course...

Are you an organ donor? Why (not)? How is this regulated where you live? What are your thoughts on the matter?

I personally am not an organ donor. Yet. It's about time I make this happen; it's only good if people can get something good out of my death.

In addition, I don't think you deserve to receive donated organs if you aren't willing to give them away yourself. (Note: willing. If you simply are not able to, it's not your fault.)

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
I doubt anyone would really have much use for my organs so personally I plan to take my charred lungs to the grave with me.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm not a organ donor yet, no. But I am planning to register as one. For a very simple reason: When I'm dead - I won't need them. Likely, when I die, I'll get cremated, and then I definitely won't need them.

There are certain things I feel a little "Eh.." about. Eye and brain tissue donation. I'm not so much worried about not having my eyes when I'm dead(again, I won't need them) but it's the fact that someone else will have my eyes. My bright blue eyes. And I wouldn't want someone else being complimented on the wonder that they are. Ah har har.
Brain tissue... well the whole "Will they think and act like me? Will they have some of my memories?" I don't know if this is or not a possibility for sure, but I am a little concerned that it might be.

Aside from those two things, everything else I have on offer, somebody who needs it to live or live a more pleasant life, can gladly have it.

Anyway, none of this may be an issue as I might get frozen via cryogenics(year 3000, here I come!) or I might discover a magical potion for immortality, who knows?

Lastly, here's a quote from a friend of mine:"When I die, I'll need to keep my liver, 'cause when I'm in hell - I'll need a little drinky drink to make those horrifying tortures seem that little bit easier."

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I have an organ donor card, when I'm dead I don't much care what happens to my body so you can rape the sh*t out of it, beat it, cook it, eat it, whatever floats your kinky boat of questionable morals.

I'm also a registered blood donor, but have yet to give blood.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Organ donor? Oh no, I'm not falling for that scam! I've seen the Monthy Python movie...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Blood and organ donor - could not care less what happens to mah mortal coil once it has been shuffled off, as it were, and I know if I were waiting for an essential organ to become available I'd be wishing more people were willing to donate. Never been in the situation when I've needed an organ donated but in the case of blood, I've had a few transfusions before and without them I'd be dead so I see it as an essential service which costs nothing but a bit of your time and a little blood which your body replenishes anyway.

In the UK you just fill in consent forms for organ and blood donation - they screen you prior to blood donation to ensure you won't infect anyone with something unpleasant or to make sure you're not on any drugs/medications which could cause issues. They also make sure you won't be adversely affected if you gave blood - it's not suitable for everyone. You get put on registers so you can be contacted for the next donation date if you like and with organs, you carry a card with you that specifies the organs you are willing to donate or all of your available ones if you prefer. Being registered as a donor in the UK means your wishes after death are officially known and I think (but not sure) that this supersedes any objections by relatives.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
People would likely give my organs back due to being faulty.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Would anyone midn it if I use your body parts after death? Got some scientific experiments in mind. *Thunderstorm appears above house - maniacal laughter*

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Would anyone midn it if I use your body parts after death? Got some scientific experiments in mind. *Thunderstorm appears above house - maniacal laughter*

If said experiment involves world domination with the creation of a hodgepodge abomination wearing a schoolgirl out, and absorbing people through its folds of fat Akira-style. Then sure, sign me up.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Only if you use my original brain. I don't want you to go putting someone elses' brain in my body (or a composite of my body and other bodies).

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
If said experiment involves world domination with the creation of a hodgepodge abomination wearing a schoolgirl out, and absorbing people through its folds of fat Akira-style. Then sure, sign me up.
Only if you use my original brain. I don't want you to go putting someone elses' brain in my body (or a composite of my body and other bodies).
Done and done. Glad to do business.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Organ Donor? They are going to take them anyway probably, but I don't have a card, I am selfish, when I die I want everything to stay where it is.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
First thing I thought of when seeing the thread title, really.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
There's absolutely no reason not to be an organ donor. I'm pretty sure all I had to do was fill in a bubble on some form I was filling out at the DMV, and they put that organ donor circle on my license.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I'm proud to say I'm one. Also, I think that the policy for organ donation should be to opt out of it, rather than to opt in. Everyone should be one by default.

I'm not a organ donor yet, no. But I am planning to register as one. For a very simple reason: When I'm dead - I won't need them. Likely, when I die, I'll get cremated, and then I definitely won't need them.

There are certain things I feel a little "Eh.." about. Eye and brain tissue donation. I'm not so much worried about not having my eyes when I'm dead(again, I won't need them) but it's the fact that someone else will have my eyes. My bright blue eyes. And I wouldn't want someone else being complimented on the wonder that they are. Ah har har.
Brain tissue... well the whole "Will they think and act like me? Will they have some of my memories?" I don't know if this is or not a possibility for sure, but I am a little concerned that it might be.

Aside from those two things, everything else I have on offer, somebody who needs it to live or live a more pleasant life, can gladly have it.

Anyway, none of this may be an issue as I might get frozen via cryogenics(year 3000, here I come!) or I might discover a magical potion for immortality, who knows?

Lastly, here's a quote from a friend of mine:"When I die, I'll need to keep my liver, 'cause when I'm in hell - I'll need a little drinky drink to make those horrifying tortures seem that little bit easier."

Totally reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9kvT1zhP_A

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
If they did, religious groups would throw a hissyfit.