• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Downtime log

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Hi guys,

I'm seeing the site go down alarmingly frequently nowadays, and I know that I'm not the only one. It's been going on for ages, and it's partly the reason why I likely won't be able to afford next month's hosting fees.

I need your help in keeping a record of when exactly the site goes down and for how long. Precise times and error messages are perfect, if you're able to keep track of them. Even it the site spits out a database error or 401 error or whatever for only a few seconds, I still need those details jotting down. If the site is loading slowly or hanging - then I'd still love to hear your reports.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread and referring my host to it, if the problem persists.

It'd be a big help if you lovely bunch could give me a hand with this! Cheers!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I've noticed the forum going down a lot during the early hours of the morning when I'm working my vampire shift. So, around 1am-5am GMT. I know that doesn't help, but I'll keep an eye on it to give a more specific time.

I'm not sure about the technical stuff, but I'm pretty sure sticking a large antenna to the top of Steve's head might help.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I've noticed the forum going down a lot during the early hours of the morning when I'm working my vampire shift. So, around 1am-5am GMT.

no-i-said-its-bedtime.jpg

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Be handy to know timezones too id imagine so he can zero in on when the problem is at its worst worldwide.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Happens to me almost everyday randomly between 1am and 2am EST. The site will either slow to a crawl or be inaccessible and it can last from a few seconds to over half an hour.

As for error messages I either typically get Firefox's "Server cannot be found" page or a Forbidden message page, but I can't remember the exact number right now. Sorry. But I'll grab all of it if I see it again.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice that i don't get emails about my notifications on here any more. Happened a couple of weeks ago but i can't give you a specific date, sorry.

Also, in the emails that i did get, the link to take me to the specific thread or reply never works. Since I've joined there's always an error with the link.

Sorry if this wasn't much use. Memory isn't what it used to be *goes back to rocking chair and puffs on a pipe*

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Also, in the emails that i did get, the link to take me to the specific thread or reply never works. Since I've joined there's always an error with the link.

I second that, though this may be the wrong thread to put this in. :/

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice that i don't get emails about my notifications on here any more. Happened a couple of weeks ago but i can't give you a specific date, sorry.

Sorry if this wasn't much use. Memory isn't what it used to be *goes back to rocking chair and puffs on a pipe*

We did have some issues with email confirmations not working but everything we are notified about helps fix things. Did you check the options in your profile for the email notifications?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Afraid everything has been working perfectly for me. :(

I'll be sure to eagerly, and gleefully, report any and all catastrophes.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
We did have some issues with email confirmations not working but everything we are notified about helps fix things. Did you check the options in your profile for the email notifications?

I think the issue is due to the kind of email service people are using. I know the most problematic one is Hotmail, as Markie & Branden had constant problems with email confirmations with it. Myself and others I know who have used gmail have had no problems with it.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It might be just Hotmail then. I use Yahoo and I've never had any issues. I've unchecked all the options to have emails sent to me according to new posts and whatnot, but I still get emails whenever I receive a PM here. So, it seems to be working fine as far as that goes.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I use hotmail and I get notifications when people start conversations with me in PM's. Probably best to make another thread about those issues though if the hosts are being referred to this thread to check downtime.

Hard for me to judge downtime at the moment as often I dont get time to come on the forums unless ive had a quiet day at work. The work Internet and computers suck so sometimes its not issues with the forums that cause the slow loading and crashes etc.

EDIT* Server did not respond at 8.45am.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I think the issue is due to the kind of email service people are using. I know the most problematic one is Hotmail, as Markie & Branden had constant problems with email confirmations with it. Myself and others I know who have used gmail have had no problems with it.

I'm using Gmail, and I get that problem, so add Gmail to the list.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Happened at 10:15am GMT today. Forum wasn't loading then after a couple tries it showed "server cannot be found" type message. This lasted for around 3-5 minutes.

Then at around 3pm it wouldn't let me sign in, but the main forum page was working fine. Was pretty funny considering I wanted to log in so I could post in this very thread about the previous problem.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I couldn't connect to the site just now for about a 5 minute period.

Roughly 4:40-4:45 pm Eastern time.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Was down for, I dunno, one or two hours ago at the time I post this.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
^Same, from my side, too, about the same time.