• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

ESRB Releases Rating Summary for Fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

sfroggy1news.gif

435px-Esrb_ratings.svg.png

Similar to the previous titles, Fable III has being rated M (for Mature) by the ESRB. The upcoming Xbox 360 role-playing game was tagged with the following content descriptors: Blood, Language, Sexual Content, Use of Alcohol and Violence. You can check out the rating summary below:

“In this role-playing adventure game, players take on the role of a young prince or princess in the fantasy kingdom of Albion. While partaking in quests to gain experience and skills, players affect their moral standing by choosing to do good deeds or bad ones, thereby ‘leveling up’ their customized character in divergent ways.

Many quests require the use of magic, weapons, and hand-to-hand combat to defeat enemy soldiers and creatures. Blood spray is depicted when enemies are slashed and shot during battle, and in slow-motion finishing moves.

Players can consume alcohol and obtain a drunken state, resulting in a screen-blurring effect and dialogue that is distorted/altered. Players can choose to engage in sexual relations (some unprotected) with males, females, or groups of characters.

Although sex acts are not shown, sexual moaning sounds are heard in the background. Sexual statistics are kept by the game, including the number of sexual encounters, the highest number of group sex partners, and a list of STDs each player has contracted. The words ‘sh*t,’ ‘b*tch,’ and ‘a*s’ can be heard in dialogue.”

The ESRB has only rated Fable III for the Xbox 360, which will be released on October 26th. The PC version does not have an official release date.

So basically no real surprises here ! lol

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Re: ESRB Releases Rating Summary for Fable III

Fable sounds like it is "M"ing up. I think the other Fables shouldda been Teen.

But this Fable sounds better, even though it SIMILAR to the other rating reasons.

Vibranceee

Reaction score

that means for UK buyers its a 16+...

GunSlingerTeen16

Balvarine Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good thing I turned 17 a few days ago

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

oh no... you mean someone might say bum in this game!?!

I'm canceling my pre order as we speak... er well maybe later, tomorrow... next week at the latest... if I'm not busy!

(good work as always sfroggy!

OpenWorldExplorer

Reaction score

tjbyrum1;422530 said:
I think the other Fables shouldda been Teen.

Totally agree. I'm old enough it doesn't matter what the rating is, but even so, I thought the M ratings were pretty ridiculous. You can see and hear far worse stuff on tv any night of the week. o_O

Gheb

I ONCE ATE A WHOLE CACTUS
Reaction score

No link?

Status
Not open for further replies.