• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Evil Characters Consider This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Evil Characters Consider This

Not all nations are built on fear some people actually like there rulers, on fable 3 if there is a possibility of you being overthrown it will only be because you are an absolute tyrant and the people are actually brave enough to rise up against you but I doubt they would have another revolution in the game that you couldn't win easily seeing as the entire game is you getting into power and staying there

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

firefly-serenity;411011 said:
Not all nations are built on fear some people actually like there rulers, on fable 3 if there is a possibility of you being overthrown it will only be because you are an absolute tyrant and the people are actually brave enough to rise up against you but I doubt they would have another revolution in the game that you couldn't win easily seeing as the entire game is you getting into power and staying there

True that some nations do like their leaders, but the idea is that people should fear you enough to respect you (both other nations and your own peeps :p)
but your own shouldnt be too scared to become desperate and turn on you... that would be bad.
The uprising rebellion will probably only result in being a tyrant, BUT that doesnt mean evil NPCS wont plot coups against a "good king/queen"
Morals tend to be bad for industry alot of the time. o_O

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Im gonna make "Chicken Kickin'" a national sport, with me as team captain.... In a chicken suit

pew pew!

Reaction score

firefly-serenity;411011 said:

When a person says that a Nation is founded on fear they are not necessarily talking about fear of it's ruler, it's more a matter of people being fearful of a lack of security, individuals desire order as a means to save themselves from the danger of the outside world. Society is a reflection of the desire of it's people to live in stability, in this sense nations are built on fear, a fear of living in the wilderness, in nature due to the danger it poses. Humans being the social beings that we are use this natural personality trait to band together into tribes in order to escape our fears, trading in our freedom for security & stability.

In any case I do agree that rulers can be genuinely liked by their people, hopefully this will play a part in Fable 3.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;411022 said:
When a person says that a Nation is founded on fear they are not necessarily talking about fear of it's ruler, it's more a matter of people being fearful of a lack of security, individuals desire order as a means to save themselves from the danger of the outside world. Society is a reflection of the desire of it's people to live in stability, in this sense nations are built on fear, a fear of living in the wilderness, in nature due to the danger it poses. Humans being the social beings that we are use this natural personality trait to band together into tribes in order to escape our fears, trading in our freedom for security & stability.

In any case I do agree that rulers can be genuinely liked by their people, hopefully this will play a part in Fable 3.
So!
what you are saying is that we are not free, because we are social and need security?

Pretty long haired there............ LOTSOFDOTS..............MOARDOTS................

I love how the internet makes everyone smart ^_^

Reaction score

SimonKalevra;411023 said:
So!
what you are saying is that we are not free, because we are social and need security?

Pretty long haired there............ LOTSOFDOTS..............MOARDOTS................

I love how the internet makes everyone smart ^_^

Yep we're pretty social, even a person's family is a social structure in it's own right a sub-branch of society with it's own heirarchy & because were are naturally social We see living a society as much more benefital than in a state of nature. Outside society in nature You would have the freedom from interference from authority (negative freedom) but as a result You would have no guaruntee of benefits such as health services, protection under the law, an education (postive freedom.) So in a way We trade one type of freedom for another, You lose the freedom to do as You wish free from interference however You gain benefits such as protection in exchange for submission to the law.

You'll have to forgive me for all this Social mumbo jumbo I'm spurting out lol, I studied Philosophy in college. This stuff's embeded in My head :lol:

By the way........how did You know I had long hair :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.