• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Execution of 'downed' enemies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Execution of 'downed' enemies.

Yeah, you know how sometimes you knock enemies unconcious and can stab them in the gut.. with swords. Only with swords, which sorta ruins using axes and maces for me.

Anyone know what, in terms of modding, makes the swords able to do this? Also, would you have to sit through every weapon in the game to change, or can you change it per 'class', axes and maces...?

Yeah, stabbing someone with a mace will look weird, but it makes them feel equal to swords. :lol:

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
Re: Execution of 'downed' enemies.

You can change it by class in the CAppearanceDef.

At least I think so.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I remeber see something like that, but I'd go with what Keshire says/ does.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Keshire;134412 said:
You can change it by class in the CAppearanceDef.

At least I think so.

Uh yeah... gonna need some more details I'm afraid.....:blush:

Is there like a OBJECT_AXE_TEMPLATE or something where you change the CAppearanceDef.?

OldBoy

Reaction score

Tsuyu;134417 said:
Uh yeah... gonna need some more details I'm afraid.....:blush:

Is there like a OBJECT_AXE_TEMPLATE or something where you change the CAppearanceDef.?

Messing with the CAppearanceDef is quite tricky, but I'm sure Keshire/Marcopolo or Silver wants to lend a hand I you need it. To help you on your way:

Go to the OBJECT entry of the weapon you want to change, and look through it's CDefs for CAppearanceDef. Click on the link below it to open it up. Export it.

Now:

Editing Animations and the CAppearanceDef
#This is stuff for more advanced modders. If you don't consider yourself one, don't mess with it.

#It's not possible to create new animations and import them in the game (the graphics.big).

# However it is possible to add animations from other npc's to the hero, or swap the hero's model and make it use other animations.
This stuff is handled in the CAppearanceDef, and Silver wrote an application to work with it. You'll also find some instructions there.
As said above: this isn't easy and I only know of a couple of people who've created mods with the app; Silver (Express yourself), Bluetooth (Staff Animations) and Marcopolo (Balverine Transformation mod).

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Go to the OBJECT entry of the weapon you want to change

Creature, and using Silver's app you'll be looking for the weapon class. SWORD, HEAVY_WEAPON, BOW, etc etc

OldBoy

Reaction score

Keshire;134465 said:
Creature, and using Silver's app you'll be looking for the weapon class. SWORD, HEAVY_WEAPON, BOW, etc etc

I stand corrected :frenchy:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

This is interesting. As soon as I am able to remove that annoying chest, I'll have to give it a go for sure.