• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fable 2 compared to fable

squarishplanet

MYNAMEISBOB
Reaction score
fable 2 compared to fable

so i was reading sumtin somewhere i cant really remember but people were saying fable was much better than fable 2 in all ways they said it was boring and a waste of time i disagree could anyone tell me why?

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
Re: fable 2 compared to fable

Here is my personal comparison:

FABLE I versus FABLE II

CONTROLS
_______
FABLE I: Introduced a fairly unorthodox system of combat, which, in itself, made the game unique. Made use of teleportation to get from place to place, and players could only teleport somewhere that had a Cullis Gate, unless the players were simply returning to an area they had just left.

FABLE II: The combat system underwent drastic changes, baring almost no resemblance to FABLE I. Also, Cullis Gates were scrapped in favor of a teleportation style resembling ELDER SCROLLS: OBLIVION, where the player magically 'warped' from place to place without need of Cullis Gates.

Personal Note: I personally liked the Cullis Gates because it was one thing that made the original FABLE unique.

STORY
________

FABLE I: The FABLE I storyline resembles older RPGS, but is unique in it's own way. The ability to choose two different paths made FABLE different from other RPGS that came before it, and added quality to the game.

FABLE II: Basically, FABLE II uses a similiar storyline to FABLE I:

-Both Heroes are left orphaned and trained by an older Hero/Heroine
-Both Heroes are on a quest for vengeance
-Both Theresa and Maze have hidden motives
-In FABLE I, the Hero and Maze share certain similarities. In FABLE II, these are attributed to Lucien, if the Hero decides to marry
-Both Heroes must unlock a special weapon near the end of the game
-Both Heroes have to make difficult choices at the end of the game

ARMOUR/CLOTHING

FABLE I: The original FABLE allowed players to partially protect themselves with the use of armour. Also, clothing affected the player's morality greatly.

FABLE II: In the sequel to FABLE, clothing is more or less just for decoration. Variety is not much larger than the original FABLE, and although armour may be acquired through DLC, it will not lessen damage taken by the player. Also, apart from the Monk Robes and Shadow Worshipper Robes, clothing does not affect good/evil or purity/corruptness.

WEAPONRY
_________

FABLE I: Offered a wide selection of weaponry, each weapon unique. Also, the descriptions of the weapons tended to be serious and historical.

FABLE II: Weaponry in FABLE II is widely distributed throughout Albion, and the player must look in different places for different types of weapons. For example, Bowerstone usually carries Master Hammers and Longswords, while other towns would carry Master Axes, Maces, etc. Also, the descriptions of most of the weapons in the second FABLE tend to be comical, not necessarily implying that the 'history' of the weapon is to be taken seriously.

NPCS
____

FABLE I: In the original FABLE, NPCS(Non-player characters) were of a seemingly larger variety than those of FABLE II. Overall, FABLE I created a much more believable environment with NPCS than FABLE II.

FABLE II: The NPCS in FABLE II are often supposed to be humorous, but it is overdone and comes off a bit dull and annoying. In the original FABLE, NPCs seemed more realistic.

TREASURES
_________

FABLE I: In the original FABLE, treasure chests often contained fairly decent items, and silver key chests contained highly valuable items.

FABLE II: In the second FABLE, treasure chests often contain, for lack of a better word, junk, such as a rubber ball, a condom, or a dog treat. Also, silver key chests, though numerous, often contain items that would be found in regular chests in the original FABLE.

___

In conclusion, FABLE I is more serious and unique, and FABLE II is more humorous and seems to copy from other games.

Both are still great games, but FABLE I is still my favorite.

myeuphoria

Reaction score

i think fable 2 became more of a sims adventurer compared to fable 1 because the combat was made to suit 2 player, 2 player was done badly in my opinion

the combat of fable 2 was worse in a way as you would benefit from going in only 1 combat style as long as you still got toughness and you can only get head shots when you get dexterouse styles to a high level and do them in a way whoich takes almost no skill.

i prefur the fable 1 story too i even found fable 1 more emotional which was what peter moleyneux was trying to get people to feel in fable 2..

but the sims style desighn of ur character in fable 2 was fun i think i collected the rediculouse amount of dyes but found that there wernt enough clothes :D.. fable 3 is taking this good evil creation thing too a new level you can aparantly get a boney weapon from mostly killing scelingtons with the weapon.

Reaction score

I think Fable 1 and 2 both had goods and bads - fable 1 had better storyline, bosses, weapons, and in my opinion better characters - Fable 2 had better maps, (more open space/free roam) better combat, art style (exept i think your hero should end up with better physiqe, more muscles like fable 1)

I think Fable 2 was just as good as fable 1 in many ways and think that fable 3 will be the best of the fables so far (or i hope anyways)

korakk

the impatient
Reaction score

i havent played fable 1(yet) but i do know that alot of people might say fable 1 is better because they fear other people may vote against that, stubborness also comes into this, but i can say that from what i hear it seems a good name, i am interested to play it in hopes of getting a better understanding of fable 2 as well as the fact i really want to see scythe!

Reaction score

korakk;426557 said:
i havent played fable 1(yet) but i do know that alot of people might say fable 1 is better because they fear other people may vote against that, stubborness also comes into this, but i can say that from what i hear it seems a good name, i am interested to play it in hopes of getting a better understanding of fable 2 as well as the fact i really want to see scythe!

Its worth it, also youll probrly notice refrences from fable 1, in fable 2 if you play it.

korakk

the impatient
Reaction score

more than likely i do hope to see twinblade and jack of blades and scythe and well everyone!

Reaction score

^ yeahh there all really good charcters wayy better than fable 2 in my opinion

GrimWhim

Reaction score

You can't really compare Fable II to the original. The mechanics are different, the story is different and even the characters different. There's very little from the original that remained intact for the second game.

Personally, I think they both were great games and the only true downside to Fable II was the massive amount of bugs it had. Aside from that and the lack of variety in clothing and spells, it was great. Sure, the ending was a bit half-assed but it could have been worse.

After all, you still got your revenge, it just wasn't in some cliched epic battle to the death. It was quite refreshing to be honest.

But yeah, they both have their pros and cons and both are worth every penny. Unfortunately, they'll look like crap when compared to Fable III.

:wub: