• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 info

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Minky

Fable 2 info

sorry if this stuff has been posted before

Fable 2 (working title)Developer(s)Lionhead StudiosPublisher(s)Microsoft Game StudiosRelease date(s)30th March 2007Genre(s)RPGMode(s)Single-Player, Multiplayer(possible)Platform(s)Xbox 360MediaDVD-ROM
Fable 2 is a video game for the Xbox 360. It is the sequel to Fable.
Lionhead Studios, the parent company of Big Blue Box, officially announced the game during Microsoft's press conference at E3. The speculated release date is late 2007. No storyline summary has been released as of yet.
According to the E3 trailer, the game will take place in Albion, 500 years after the original Fable (according to PC Gamer UK Magazine). The time period appears to be more colonial than medieval, as evidenced by the characters' wardrobes and the presence of early-period firearms in some scenes. Peter Molyneux has given some hints, during an interview on G4, that Fable 2 will most likely have a multiplayer component.
Following the mixed reviews of Fable, many fans hope the sequel will take a more open-ended approach to the story and involve the player in more quests than the original game.
Confirmed Facts

Note: When Fable was originally being developed under the name "Project Ego", Peter Molyneux claimed certain features which never actually appeared in the game. Be warned that these "Confirmed Facts" may change several times before Fable 2's release.
On July 6, 2006 Lionhead's Sam Van Tilburgh gave a brief update of the game's progress on the company's website:
  • Fable 2 takes place roughly 500 years after the original.
  • Albion has seen some significant changes, both to its scenery and characters.
  • The game may be set on another continent than Albion.
  • Some "rather cool" twists have been promised.
  • From the trailer, early blunderbuss firearms will appear in the game.
  • The game will be a bit more mature in content than Fable.
  • There is a new woods region that is the size of all of the original Greatwood regions combined.
  • The "Good or Evil" element will be much more prevalent in Fable 2.
On September 29, 2006 Lionhead's Peter Moleyneux gave a preview of Fable 2 at X06:
  • The Hero starts as a street urchin.
  • The player will be able to choose his or her character's gender. Their bodies will mature accordingly as they age or level up in experience.
  • Property can now be properly invested in, and you will also be able to buy things like castles or even catacombs.
  • It is now possible to have children, whether you are playing as a female or a male.
  • The designer wants to reproduce a theme of unconditional love in your children.
  • The player may now choose from protected sex and unprotected sex.
  • The player can plant an acorn into the ground and watch it grow into an oak tree.
  • The player can affect the future of a camp by choosing to finance it or slay everyone inside.
  • The Hero's child is affected by the Hero's actions. This means that if the Hero is evil, his child will be too.
  • The game's antagonist, Lucien, will be able to murder the Hero's family.
  • Images found online taken from X06 show a new area called Bloodstone which appears to be a coastal dock-style area for ships.
  • Other images from X06 also hint heavily at pirates making an appearance and indicate that the "whores" of Albion, as named in the image, will also reappear in Fable 2.
  • The improved combat system will mean that the way the hero swings his sword changes according to proximity of walls, allies, and enemies. Left on the Cutting Room Floor
    • The game will not feature cut scenes. Peter Moleyneux said they should be left behind in the old generation of gaming. Easter Eggs In The Trailer
      • The eight glowing symbols in the origami fortune telling device the hooded girl is holding are Zodiac signs. They are the Libra, Cancer, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Leo, Capricorn and Aries.
      • Two Heroes kill a creature, hinting at a multiplayer element. But don't count on it.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable 2 info

Don't think I've read this any where here before. I've read some of them. Pretty cool.
Rep+

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Fabbabe;27562 said:
any one got info on Fable two

Read the first post, thats the info that we know...

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score

Acording to bestbuy.com it comes out 1/2/07

D

darthlime101

PSYCHOPAT;27608 said:
OMFG!!!!! YOUR MAKING ME.....ME....ME.... AJFLKAHSGGLKJGASHHASD:KJHA:KJSDH:AKJS:K!!!!!!!!!!! x_x

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

PSYCHOPAT;27608 said:

You need to take such dates with a grain of salt - unless it's a release date from Lionhead Studios, I aint gonna trust it.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;27641 said:
You need to take such dates with a grain of salt - unless it's a release date from Lionhead Studios, I aint gonna trust it.

yay aint!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;27641 said:

Yeah i agree with that!

P

Poppycock

im getting a deal on a 360 so when it comes out ill let you guys know how it is :p

M

Minky

Poppycock;27665 said:
im getting a deal on a 360 so when it comes out ill let you guys know how it is :p
well u dont need to tell me cuz i already have a 360

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Minky;27691 said:
well u dont need to tell me cuz i already have a 360

Same goes for me :p

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I could do with a deal on a 360...they're way outta my price range :(

P

Poppycock

turn in a origanal xbox and u get 80-100 dollers off.thats what im doing....only way to afford it

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;27713 said:
I could do with a deal on a 360...they're way outta my price range :(

Only about £200 ....

P

Poppycock

or 25$ for a crobar to break into E.B. and get one urself :D

D

darthlime101

Poppycock;27727 said:
or 25$ for a crobar to break into E.B. and get one urself :D
Pwnt.

I would like to get a X360 but its really not in the budget. Unless my dad surprises me.... which will never happen. I would love to have this game bundled with a X360. That would make me oh so happy.

S

sjeanke

srr if this was already said somewhere, but still.. is there any chance of a pc-version being created for Fable 2 ?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

sjeanke;27758 said:
srr if this was already said somewhere, but still.. is there any chance of a pc-version being created for Fable 2 ?

Nothing offical has been said, but in my opinion they'd be stupid not to. I mean, why only make limited money by only selling the 360 version when they could make alot more if they released it to PC aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.