• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3... another overhyped game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autarch

Reaction score
I don't think wine goes well with pizza, blaze.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
You're all idiots. Stop being utterly moronic and if you have nothing to post that's on topic, go elsewhere.

rek2k

Reaction score
I merely commented on several parts of the game that I had opinions on, that felt that others might too. Whether or not I played the game, you'll know by tomorrow won't you? All I can say is, I'm looking forward to the PC version...

I've added a proper spoiler tag, did not see them within the editing box here. Please remove the quoted version Jace... thanks.

The ending is a bit lackluster... not that I even had high expectations for the game, I just thought many of the things hyped up to deliver at least a little bit of it. If you're looking at a Molyneaux game, be certain that everything he has talked about in interviews is pretty much all there is to the game...

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
The PC version is something my other half is looking forward to as well - just a shame it has to come out later.

rek2k

Reaction score
The credits are quite long... probably runs for 15 minutes. Depending on how you finish the game, I guess you can have either a really good after-endgame or a really boring one. Which is kind of interesting I guess. I wish Fable would feature some randomized repeatable quests of some sort.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I've kind of come to expect that of the Fable games though...sure, I'd like a more Oblivion-esque experience because that really appeals to me but then again it wouldn't be Fable...which probably doesn't make sense :lol:

rek2k

Reaction score
I've kind of come to expect that of the Fable games though...sure, I'd like a more Oblivion-esque experience because that really appeals to me but then again it wouldn't be Fable...which probably doesn't make sense :lol:

As long as the PC version aint canceled, you can count on mods to make the game work for you... Thats what Oblivion was all about... the 360 version of vanilla Oblivion is nothing compared to a modded PC Oblivion...

Considering Oblivion has the worst level and experience system ever, all of which was fixable via mods.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Oh definitely - I've seen some of the mods people have made and they are amazing. I'm a total Oblivion fan and it's my favouritest game in the whole wide world so to see it improved by mods was incredible...

It will be interesting to see what the modding community can make out of Fable 3, should they get the opportunity

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
You're all idiots. Stop being utterly moronic and if you have nothing to post that's on topic, go elsewhere.
i'd like to think i'm a lovable idiot, though. :p

The credits are quite long... probably runs for 15 minutes. Depending on how you finish the game, I guess you can have either a really good after-endgame or a really boring one. Which is kind of interesting I guess. I wish Fable would feature some randomized repeatable quests of some sort.
that's pretty interesting. so far the effects of finishing the main quest in fable has had pretty minimal effects on how the world is affected. a changed statue here, a higher bank account there, but nothing groundbreakingly different. would you say the difference is so vast that a postgame with a different ending decision (which i'm assuming there will be) would offer substancial amounts of time exploring by its self?

rek2k

Reaction score
Oh definitely - I've seen some of the mods people have made and they are amazing. I'm a total Oblivion fan and it's my favouritest game in the whole wide world so to see it improved by mods was incredible...

It will be interesting to see what the modding community can make out of Fable 3, should they get the opportunity

There was one thing that stopped me from playing Oblivion anymore... theres no coop or multiplayer... eventually it got really boring...

i'd like to think i'm a lovable idiot, though. :p

that's pretty interesting. so far the effects of finishing the main quest in fable has had pretty minimal effects on how the world is affected. a changed statue here, a higher bank account there, but nothing groundbreakingly different. would you say the difference is so vast that a postgame with a different ending decision (which i'm assuming there will be) would offer substancial amounts of time exploring by its self?

Its "massive" change in a way that is not really the change of the world... but rather of the population. Certain decisions you made as a king changes the environment... but those are quite linear. The changes of the endgame is just population related. I don't know about extra exploring, as I haven't really done that since I finished the game, but on second playthrough I'm making all the right decisions to get a better endgame.

sirsimon

Reaction score
THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT PIZZA!

I just ordered a pizza and the menu way overhyped it. It wasn't as delicious as it made out it would be!

What is your favourite type of pizza, guys?

I love a good steak pizza, and it tastes even better if the crust is soft.

But onto fable III, i will probably enjoy it no matter what.

From these people whom have played it already, it is oblivious that they rushed through it and have barely finished half the game, its far from over after the main quest.

But once it comes out, I will post a proper and thorough review of the game, and I wont be trolling, I will speak the truth

rek2k

Reaction score
I love a good steak pizza, and it tastes even better if the crust is soft.

But onto fable III, i will probably enjoy it no matter what.

From these people whom have played it already, it is oblivious that they rushed through it and have barely finished half the game, its far from over after the main quest.

But once it comes out, I will post a proper and thorough review of the game, and I wont be trolling, I will speak the truth

Its a good game no doubt, its just not innovative. I really feel like its Fable 2.5 with a slightly longer story and some new systems. I really wonder how amazing does PM personally think his "new" stuff really are? I highly doubt he can even buy into himself.

sirsimon

Reaction score
Its a good game no doubt, its just not innovative. I really feel like its Fable 2.5 with a slightly longer story and some new systems. I really wonder how amazing does PM personally think his "new" stuff really are? I highly doubt he can even buy into himself.

thats good to know, I will probably end up liking it since I loved fable II

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Seriously, I've just had to delete two posts because a couple of you clearly have literacy issues. I suggest you sort them out very quickly. It's either that or a temporary ban - up to you.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I don't think wine goes well with pizza, blaze.

Just gone through a bottle with the cooking and got bored of the childish nature in this thread so i shall close it now... *yawn* and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.