• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 Exclusive Pre-order Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeredman1991

Reaction score
Fable 3 Exclusive Pre-order Weapons

I don't know about the rest of you but personally I am not liking the idea of not being able to collect every weapon in the game and am seriously thinking about canceling my pre-order because when I am playing the game I want to have fun and not be thinking constantly about the weapon I'm never going to get or the weapon I should of gotten :( I mean isn't that supposed to be THE point of fable 3? to feel powerful how can I feel powerful if I join another players world who has a weapon I can not get no matter how much I try? no. it might not be the best weapon in the game but it is still something that can potentially be rubbed in my face. I played runescape for 3 years because everyone called me a noob. I didn't like it so I leveled up until people stopped calling me a noob. but atleast in runescape I had the option to obtain what I wanted. in fable 3 that option is being coldly and cruelly ripped away from me

here is a question? what if one of the weapons bugs giving 5000% gold for every kill to the people who have that weapon? then where will the people who got the other three weapons be? I will tell you where they will be. They will be selling their game on ebay because the people who have 5000% more gold will have ruined the in game economy for everyone else

I think Lionhead has gone retarded for agreeing to this deal in the first place. so chances are Fable 3 beneath the flashing lights, bells, and whistles is going to be just as retarded as this deal

If your reading this Lionhead. LISTEN TO YOUR FANS AND CUT THE WEAPONS FROM THE GAME!!!

If the companies decide not to sell the game because you cut the deal. so what? sell the game on the lionhead website. or better yet ebay. and by selling directly to the customers you end up making more money then going trough the store because you get to charge more for your game instead of selling them 1/2 off in bulk :\

I blame this blunder on Microsoft. Lionhead should have stuck with EA. Don't they realize that everything Microsoft touches turns to ****?

I would settle for them all being released as a DLC infact I would more then settle I would be EXTREMELY happy that lionhead put the extra effort in to give up 4 new weapons. but as things stand I am extremely unhappy that lionhead gave us 3 new weapons that we will never be able to obtain

and yes I AM OCD about collecting stuff that's why I was going to get: The Controller, The Book, and The Limited Collectors Edition of Fable 3. but not I'm not sure if I want any of it :\

I CANNOT express the anger I am feeling twards Lionhead, Microsoft, all the companies that wanted these damn "Exclusive" weapons

I'm getting from Amazon(provided I do infact get the game) because it is cheaper to buy it all in a bundle from there...I would be getting it from Gamestop. but Gamestop doesn't sell the "Limited Collectors Edition" because Hammers are slow and provide very little knockback While fast weapons do less damage they leave their targets Immobile due to knockback animation. so guess what? I am stuck with a damn hammer I am never going to use. from a set of weapons I don't want in the game in the first place Moral of the Story: If you are going to put stuff in a game where you are forced to choose between 4 weapons. MAKE SURE ALL OF THE DAMN OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE!!!!

anyway that is all I can really say about this. If I get any post that are complete and utter "non-sense" may god have mercy on your soul!

and yes I did join this site for the soul purpose of making this post. in the slim hopes that Lionhead will see the fatal mistake they have made and undo it before it is to late

VicOnTop

Reaction score
Re: Fable 3 Exclusive Pre-order Weapons

i got the lce at gamestop.

im sorry you feel like they cheated you, as for me. i do like collecting but i find those weapons to be rubbish anyways so i can really care less about them, i dont really mind that much because i think the sword ill start off with in the beginning will be my primary weapon anywho. i wanna see how much i can actually morph it.

i think it boils down to the economy, microsoft and lionhead are just trying to make some more money with incentives to buy the game. i mean right know the euro is collapsing in every country except for germany, so i feel like they are just trying to get the final word in, so to say.

sorry you feel cheated :(

Lithary

Reaction score

My good friend, just do the thing I will do.
Don't buy the bloody game!
I got disappointed by Fable 3 a lot and therefore, I won't buy the worthless peace of s*it!
End of story. ^^

VicOnTop

Reaction score

Lithary;437054 said:
My good friend, just do the thing I will do.
Don't buy the bloody game!
I got disappointed by Fable 3 a lot and therefore, I won't buy the worthless peace of s*it!
End of story. ^^

your dissapointed?

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Someone doesn't understand that Lionhead didn't want to put those in. The preorder weapons aren't part of the final game. They were asked to put them in by individual places as a promotional thing.

If you're this easily upset about something go back to playing Halo.

And you clearly don't understand how the market actually works. You can't cut stores out of the picture and sell on Ebay. That would destroy Lionhead and make them go 3drealms style.

deeredman1991;437043 said:
I don't know about the rest of you but personally I am not liking the idea of not being able to collect every weapon in the game and am seriously thinking about canceling my pre-order because when I am playing the game I want to have fun and not be thinking constantly about the weapon I'm never going to get or the weapon I should of gotten :( I mean isn't that supposed to be THE point of fable 3? to feel powerful how can I feel powerful if I join another players world who has a weapon I can not get no matter how much I try? no. it might not be the best weapon in the game but it is still something that can potentially be rubbed in my face. I played runescape for 3 years because everyone called me a noob. I didn't like it so I leveled up until people stopped calling me a noob. but atleast in runescape I had the option to obtain what I wanted. in fable 3 that option is being coldly and cruelly ripped away from me

here is a question? what if one of the weapons bugs giving 5000% gold for every kill to the people who have that weapon? then where will the people who got the other three weapons be? I will tell you where they will be. They will be selling their game on ebay because the people who have 5000% more gold will have ruined the in game economy for everyone else

I think Lionhead has gone retarded for agreeing to this deal in the first place. so chances are Fable 3 beneath the flashing lights, bells, and whistles is going to be just as retarded as this deal

If your reading this Lionhead. LISTEN TO YOUR FANS AND CUT THE WEAPONS FROM THE GAME!!!

If the companies decide not to sell the game because you cut the deal. so what? sell the game on the lionhead website. or better yet ebay. and by selling directly to the customers you end up making more money then going trough the store because you get to charge more for your game instead of selling them 1/2 off in bulk :\

I blame this blunder on Microsoft. Lionhead should have stuck with EA. Don't they realize that everything Microsoft touches turns to ****?

I would settle for them all being released as a DLC infact I would more then settle I would be EXTREMELY happy that lionhead put the extra effort in to give up 4 new weapons. but as things stand I am extremely unhappy that lionhead gave us 3 new weapons that we will never be able to obtain

and yes I AM OCD about collecting stuff that's why I was going to get: The Controller, The Book, and The Limited Collectors Edition of Fable 3. but not I'm not sure if I want any of it :\

I CANNOT express the anger I am feeling twards Lionhead, Microsoft, all the companies that wanted these damn "Exclusive" weapons

I'm getting from Amazon(provided I do infact get the game) because it is cheaper to buy it all in a bundle from there...I would be getting it from Gamestop. but Gamestop doesn't sell the "Limited Collectors Edition" because Hammers are slow and provide very little knockback While fast weapons do less damage they leave their targets Immobile due to knockback animation. so guess what? I am stuck with a damn hammer I am never going to use. from a set of weapons I don't want in the game in the first place Moral of the Story: If you are going to put stuff in a game where you are forced to choose between 4 weapons. MAKE SURE ALL OF THE DAMN OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE!!!!

anyway that is all I can really say about this. If I get any post that are complete and utter "non-sense" may god have mercy on your soul!

and yes I did join this site for the soul purpose of making this post. in the slim hopes that Lionhead will see the fatal mistake they have made and undo it before it is to late

deeredman1991

Reaction score

Well I just found out I can get Garth's Sword by pre-ordering at best buy so now I'm leaning a LITTLE more twards going ahead and getting it...but still I don't feel like I should have to choose :\

VicOnTop

Reaction score

he doesnt play halo, he plays Wow and runescape.

your going to make a ton of choices anyways just consider this one a real life choice

or. you could just not preorder and go pick up a copy the day it comes out and get none of the pre-order bonus's. just as if they were never there!

deeredman1991

Reaction score

Rat;437058 said:
Someone doesn't understand that Lionhead didn't want to put those in. The preorder weapons aren't part of the final game. They were asked to put them in by individual places as a promotional thing.

Rat...you have COMPLETELY missed the point of my post
(A.) it doesn't matter if lionhead wanted to put them in or not the fact remains that they are in and need to be taken out

(B.) I am upset for a VERY valid cause fable has and always will be primarily a collection experience for me.
1. The Artwork Beautiful - (but not a foundation for a game)
2. Storyline - (funny but not immersive therefore not a foundation for this particular game)
3. Items - (A good amount of items to keep you busy collecting but not so many that it takes a year to collect them all and since the story line isn't up to par with "DAO" or "WoW" this is the only thing that makes fable a viable game IMO so without being able to collect them all not much point in getting the game now is there?)

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Rat;437058 said:

And you clearly don't understand how the market actually works. You can't cut stores out of the picture and sell on Ebay. That would destroy Lionhead and make them go 3drealms style.
Exactly what Rat said, people. Lionhead can't be blamed for this. The stores, such as GAME, ask Lionhead individually to make said weapons. Why? Otherwise they won't buy the games from Lionhead, and if that happens, they'd fall down the pit. Great thing, Marketing, isn't it? Perhaps not some times, but it's a necessity and not a huge deal.

If you're concluding that Fable 3 is a "piece of ****" just because you didn't get the weapon(s) made exclusively for said stores and reasons, then I'll highly conclude that you were never a real Fable fan.

EDIT: This was meant to Lithary.

deeredman1991

Reaction score

VicOnTop;437061 said:
he doesnt play halo, he plays Wow and runescape.

your going to make a ton of choices anyways just consider this one a real life choice

or. you could just not preorder and go pick up a copy the day it comes out and get none of the pre-order bonus's. just as if they were never there!

yeah I do have to make choices in the game. but I can always create a new save to explore alternate choices (like I have done in fable and fable 2). however this "Real Life" choice doesn't allow me to do that :(

and not pre-ordering would be worse then getting the crappy hammer lol...cause then I would miss out on a quest and a new villager(who I plan to make my wife) not to menchion the whole point of me wanting the weapons in the first place is so other players can lord their fancy reaver sword over me because I was only able to get garth's sword due to wanting multiple save files both good and evil :\

deeredman1991

Reaction score

Gakoyu Ojima;437064 said:
Exactly what Rat said, people. Lionhead can't be blamed for this. The stores, such as GAME, ask Lionhead individually to make said weapons. Why? Otherwise they won't buy the games from Lionhead, and if that happens, they'd fall down the pit. Great thing, Marketing, isn't it? Perhaps not some times, but it's a necessity and not a huge deal.

If you're concluding that Fable 3 is a "piece of ****" just because you didn't get the weapon(s) made exclusively for said stores and reasons, then I'll highly conclude that you were never a real Fable fan.

EDIT: This was meant to Lithary.

Lionhead is popular enough they do not have to go through an external source to sell their games :\ like i mentioned in my post Lionhead could sell through Ebay, or a website of their own. god forbid they just make fable 3 exclusive to the stores that don't demand this change making the stores who do demand it lose out on 100,000's of $$ :\

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

That isn't how the world works, deered. Just because Lionhead is popular, it doesn't mean they can live without the exclusives. You also seem to forget that Lionhead is a mere department of Microsoft. And I'm nearly certain that Microsoft pushed this idea, too.

deeredman1991

Reaction score

Gakoyu Ojima;437071 said:
That isn't how the world works, deered. Just because Lionhead is popular, it doesn't mean they can live without the exclusives. You also seem to forget that Lionhead is a mere department of Microsoft. And I'm nearly certain that Microsoft pushed this idea, too.

as I said before everything Microsoft touches turns to **** sooner or later...Lionhead should of stuck with EA

and I am curious why do you think that Lionhead would belly up without gamestop/amazon/best buy/etc..?

personally I think they would make more money selling the games factory direct at an inflated cost...they might not make it all in one lump sum like they do selling it in bulk but they would eventually make it and they would make alot more of it in the long run

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

deeredman1991;437073 said:
as I said before everything Microsoft touches turns to **** sooner or later...Lionhead should of stuck with EA
That's not always the case. There are several instances of huge success thanks to Microsoft.
and I am curious why do you think that Lionhead would belly up without gamestop/amazon/best buy/etc..?
Because as I've said before: people want the exclusives. By people, I'm obviously referring to the stores. And they pay quite some money to get it. I believe that the more people buy it at said stores, the more Lionhead will receive as a bonus. Or rather, the stores will keep a certain percentage, and the rest goes to Microsoft and/or Lionhead Studios.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

deeredman1991;437073 said:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EA are as bad as SEGA! They don't give a crap about their userbase. A word of advice: considering you've shown that you have no idea how business/marketing of the games industry actually works, I don't think you have any merit to comment on Microsoft as a whole. The same company that are responsible for online gaming as we know it today.

That is all.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

EA might not care that much about their userbase, but that doesn't prevent departments, such as BioWare, to care about them. Dragon Age: Origins, ME series and the such have done a great job. These were under development at the time (well, except Mass Effect 1) they were bought by EA.

Reaction score

what is the first post reffering to? not being able to get all weapons?
cuz i pre ordered a while back

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Gakoyu Ojima;437080 said:
EA might not care that much about their userbase, but that doesn't prevent departments, such as BioWare, to care about them. Dragon Age: Origins, ME series and the such have done a great job. These were under development at the time (well, except Mass Effect 1) they were bought by EA.

True, but a few well made titles doesn't speak for the companies actions over the years. The things they do to prevent pirates is enough to make you go on fire with rage.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

I cannot see the relation between well-made titles and piracy? Unless you're referring to the dedicated toward preventing such, that they'd lose dedication in that which they should focus on; developing the game properly. If that's the case, then yes I have the agree.

Reaction score

somebody answer me

Status
Not open for further replies.