• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 lack of Clothes,hair, tatoos, spells,weapons, a lot fo things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorrov

Reaction score
I am so far disapointed in fable 3, i mean there is a huge lack of customization which is the best part of the game to create your own uniqe character. ive seen maybe 5 or 6 hairstyles ( yes ive beatn the game and been eveyrwere) even less facial hair, i mean i keep goin back expecting them to change stock but never happens.

The armor/clothing is exactly the same problem, theres maybe 4 or 5 that u buy from shops that ive seen (not sets that u get from quest). At first i assumed there would be more with time after i became king and changed things, but nothing, then after i beat the game maybe, but nothing.

I mean i literaly logged on to 4 differnt peoples games they looked almost identical to me maybe minus a hat or something, then what i thought was funny is hey maybe i can see what nice clothing there is in the game on the cover or back of the case, only to find out the guy is wearing the same damn thing on all the pictures which was discouraging at the least that i would eve find any kind of good and unique clothes. ( take a look lol )

Will lines was one of my favorite things about fable 2 , it showed that i was a magic user , that magic was my choice of weapon. now the only thing that changes is my tatoo color which is nice but not nearly enough , o and i get the glowing rune looking things when i do spells and power hits.

Facial features have barely changed throughout the entire game , just got more square jaw and my good character got like this white paste stuff on there face.

Lack of dyes, were are my color options? most of them look the same anyway,white all the way down to pure white looks greyish there is no black as far as im aware of.

and lastly ( apologize for loooonng list ) this may be a personel prefrence actually it probably is but i think its really dumb that when i shoot a single target with blizzard or vortex ( vortex not to bad but still) it does that area one just like if i were to do a giant area blast around me, i should be a ball or spike of ice instead just looks like they took the area spell made it smaller.. other words lazy.

Again i apologize for the amount of words here and my writing skills seeing how im at work and tired.

James009

Hero of Oakvale
Reaction score
I agree. They had YEARS to ADD on to all the great things from Fable 2 but it seems like they instead stepped back and removed many of the greatest things from the previous Fables. I like Fable 3 but it is really missing that charm, customization, and identification with your character that you had in Fable 2.

I do hope that Lionhead will add more through some updates and patches and NOT through DLC that we have to pay for.

Tylendel

Reaction score
Unfortunately f3 is a comply remake... Not even using the same game engine ... And the game was rushed out. It should have spent another year in development. I'm guessing well see dlc and patches in the future fixing a lot of things.... But that doesn't help us now ;)

James161324

Reaction score
I have noticed that. Its a lot of fun. But it feels like its a fable II expansion

Sorrov

Reaction score
Yea thats a good way of putting it james , feels like a fable 2 expansion.

Apollo

Leonardo XII
Reaction score
It has it's own feel to it, So I can't say it feels like an expansion. In many ways it feels different from Fable 2, but I definitely feel like they cut some things short, and out completely. I think if they had even another month or two of development they could have pulled of everything the way they intended.

If i'm not mistake they originally intended to have a special market for just morphed weapons, that had been cut die to time constrictions put on them by Microsoft. In the end though, I do enjoy the new system it simply needs to get a few tweaks here and there, and shops need to rotate inventory perhaps.

Sorrov

Reaction score
Big thing for me really is just give me more customization options, especially if other people online can finaly see my guy, no point if were gonna look the same with slightly differnt colors.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
I think lionhead is trying something new, and deciding to add on things as the years progress. I mean it had some free DLC and then there were other DLC. It's possible that over and over every month or so they might add a new item of sorts. Lets just hope this is the case. But yea... it's ridiculous how low the customization has gone. And i believe the Weapon Morphing has been a bit Exaggerated.... Maybe not I don't know, I just became king.

Apollo

Leonardo XII
Reaction score
I think lionhead is trying something new, and deciding to add on things as the years progress. I mean it had some free DLC and then there were other DLC. It's possible that over and over every month or so they might add a new item of sorts. Lets just hope this is the case. But yea... it's ridiculous how low the customization has gone. And i believe the Weapon Morphing has been a bit Exaggerated.... Maybe not I don't know, I just became king.

I don't think it was meant to be exaggerated, I think that they had intentions for it to be as it sounded. I think that Microsoft put them on the hot seat, and said "Look it needs to be out XX day, get your s*** together, and cut things if you need too".

I mean they cut several other big things they really wanted to add, so maybe they simplified it so it would make it on time. Although I did expect more from the morphing, I am kind of happy though. I did not want a weapon that constantly morphed, with not way to stop it.

Sorrov

Reaction score
With the morphing i would like it if they made it so only the weapon your using morphs not all the ones you have. \

And road to rule was a bad idea, they coulda made it work if the made eveyrthing much more expensive but by the time your king u can have everything there is to have, u should need to use magic/ranged/melee to upgrade it not just have x amount of seals to get it....

Status
Not open for further replies.