• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 likes to freeze xbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magerx

Reaction score
Its happened so many times now.. I've lost count.. just walking through a town and randomly can't do **** and can't even access xbox guide. Is this happening to others or do i have to sell the damn game?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Its happened so many times now.. I've lost count.. just walking through a town and randomly can't do s*** and can't even access xbox guide. Is this happening to others or do i have to sell the damn game?
Happening to others too. let me guess, the main region where this happenns is Brightwall right?
Anyhow the coing patch is said to fix it.

Faye

The Bandit Beauty
Reaction score
Happening to others too. let me guess, the main region where this happenns is Brightwall right?
Anyhow the coing patch is said to fix it.

yup thats the regoin for me I just avoid brightwall

Faye

The Bandit Beauty
Reaction score
Don't sell the game start over on a new file untill the patch is eventually released

Magerx

Reaction score
i have three files with the game complete.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I think I've had mostly some lagging and it freezed once. Damn this buggy, laggy, freezy game. Though I do still like it. -_-

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I think I've had mostly some lagging and it freezed once. Damn this buggy, laggy, freezy game. Though I do still like it. -_-
Be grateful, I can not access my 100% file, as it autosaved in Brightwall, meaning, to be able to start a new game, I'd have to delete it.

EFDisaster

Reaction score
It's started happening to me just recently... I've done all the storyline and main quests and stuff, but I've been in the process of upgrading weapons and since it's those little actions that count when you're upgrading, the freezes are even more infuriating. I've had them in brightwall, understone, millfields, bowerstone market, the castle... sometimes just while walking around and sometimes while trying to save. It's truly maddening... it's gotten to the point where I've started two new characters on two profiles so I can trade all the weapons out and back to a new character, in the hopes that it's something wrong with that particular save.

Or maybe the patch will come out, someday... who knows?

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
Its happened so many times now.. I've lost count.. just walking through a town and randomly can't do s*** and can't even access xbox guide. Is this happening to others or do i have to sell the damn game?

this happens to me in a few games. i think it's the xbox. what kind do you have? i have a slim and i got it the day they came out. the 1st gens, and especially the 1st shipments are more prone to problems. i've found that giving the box a rest and coming back helps a bit. my xbox is on a chrome wire shelf so air can flow all around it, so the box maybe just have some design issues.

Tiny5th

Reaction score
I think its not the xbox but the latest software update for them that makes them compatible with the kinect, I have been experiencing exactly the same freezing problems in Fallout 3 and new vegas, and with Mass effect 2, though they are the only games my son or I have really played to an extent since that patch, but I bet if i played any other game it would be the same story. Ican backdate all of my problems to the day that update popped up on my dash, and a friend of mine has reported similar problems.
Mine is an Elite by the way.

Faye

The Bandit Beauty
Reaction score
I must say my files were also corrupt and I had to delete them but I think its something to do with playing online since my offline profile has no problems whatsoever

Vyan

Reaction score
You're probably right. I'm convinced it's an online problem too, I've only experienced the game freezing whilst signed in with my XBL gamertag and not when on my offline profile.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
You know, Fable III has never once frozen on me. Plenty of other games have before, but never Fable III. It will, occasionally, move a little slow-- but it passes within moments and it's so few and far between I never considered it a problem.

Magerx

Reaction score
this happens to me in a few games. i think it's the xbox. what kind do you have? i have a slim and i got it the day they came out. the 1st gens, and especially the 1st shipments are more prone to problems. i've found that giving the box a rest and coming back helps a bit. my xbox is on a chrome wire shelf so air can flow all around it, so the box maybe just have some design issues.
Yea i have a halo reach slim... i don't know if that has anything to do with it... BTW freaking hate new xbox guide...
but it only froze on fable 3, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.