• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3: Possible Time Setting

T

TheGreenLion

Re: Fable 3: Possible Time Setting

Aions;265728 said:
the flintlock mechanism was Introduced around 1630 so.....

True, it just seemed to me that Fable 2 had a colonial style mostly from the dress, melee weapons threw that off being as most "gentle-peoples" used the lighter cut and thrust style swords since armor was no longer much in use except possibly a breastplate & helmet...still perty shweet to have the cool-looking and supremely devestating axes/hammers/swords, if it were based on real life though any type of Oriental style blade would win hands down because of the superior design and crafting they had developed (kinda like the Daichi though I've never gotten it/seen the sword itself.)

One oddity perhaps in the combat system is that there were no shields of any kind, but with the weapon block I suppose that wasn't much neccesary....except it would look cool to have Conan style shield moves (knocking enemies blocks off with a shield uppercut n so forth) :)

Perhaps more styles of thrown/ranged weapons would be neat too, knives/spears/axes but I guess that's what yer gun n magic is fer :p

I have faith in Lionhead Studios, whatever they decide to do with the timeline would no doubt be a success, but if there really are Lionhead folks lurking about in the forums we ought to keep spurring them on with our ideas!