• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 Quickie Guide/ Weapons List/ Trade info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute Zero

Reaction score
Fable III
Quickie Guide

This “Guide” is for people who want the most outta Fable 3 with the least amount of effort/time. More specifically, it is for quick random weapon generating. If you lack any side questing achievements, such as tracking down gnomes or collect all the silver and gold keys, I would not recommend using this “guide”.
I will, on the other hand, give detailed instructions on 20 silver keys and 2 gold keys. With the exception of the 50 silver key chest in Bowerstone Castle, all the legendary weapon chest only require 20 keys. And only 2 of the gold doors contain weapons as well.
*you’re more than welcome to get the 50 key chest, but every play through I’ve ALWAYS have gotten Chickensbane Pistol.
Now, lets get started:
Start a new game and pick you’re preference to what your gender is.. .. .don’t share cause I don’t care. Skip the opening cinematic and opening cut scene and choose your outfit. Then head for Elise.
*Silver Key Alert*
While heading for Elise, in the same courtyard, head to the section on your left. Go to the statue furthest from you, the one closest to the wall. Behind it is your first Silver Key.
Keep playing the storyline, skipping any cut scenes, and running through the game. Continue until you get the Fire Ball Gauntlet.
*Silver Key Alert*
In the catacombs, not far after using the Fire Ball Spell to open the escape route. Continue down the pathway until Walter vocalizes his enjoy of the open room. Continue down the next path way and KEEP GOING STRAIGHT. Ignore the golden “Bread Crumb Trail”. The path will come to a dead end, next to the rubble in plain sight is your Key.
Continue through the storyline unitl you reach Mistpeak Valley.

Mistpeak Valley: This is one of the only areas where you will get all the Keys in the Area, right now we’ll only focus on 3. Run through the pathways and kill all the wolves until you reach the turn point to Brightwall Village.
*Silver Key Alert*.. ….duh..*
If you’re familiar with this region, you know there are 3 bridges connecting you to the other side, 2 of which you should have already crossed. Find and cross the third bridge, the one you haven’t crossed yet.. …the one closest to the lake. At the end of the path from that bridge is a Chillbreath Cavern entrance. Go inside. Follow the path until you reach the Key. DO NOT VAULT OFF THE EDGE!!! Well.. . .you can, but it would be a waste of time. After getting the key, turn around and exit the Cavern.
*Silver Key Alert*
After exiting the Cavern, Vault off the edges in front of you until you’re in a small cluster of trees near the lakeside. Face the lake and hug the wall until the trees become tree stumps. Along this wall is 3 stacks of logs, behind the stack by itself is a bunny… . ..and a key. Now head for the ticket booth in front of the Monorail Station.
*Silver Key Alert*
If you stand and face the front of the ticket booth, then turn to your right you should see a worn trail. Follow that trail up the hillside to get your key.
*Gold Key Alert*.. ..oh yeah! Switching it up a bit…
From the previous key location, hug the wall and start heading for the Brightwall Village turn point. Along the way the landscape will start to rise to a higher plateau. Go on this and head to the highest most plateau. This plateau has a treasure chest and a Chillbreath Cavern Entrance. Go inside the Cavern. Run through the Cavern; once you reach the fork in the road, take the higher route. .. .it’s the one on the right.. . ..if that wasn’t specific enough. Afterwards, the cavern is pretty straight forth. Continue to the exit. .. .you know. .. The one you didn’t come through in. Exit the Cavern. Follow the natural trail until and before a vault point is the gold key. Vault down and go to Brightwall Village.
Brightwall Village: Head down the trail to the Brightwall Bridge, but continue past it. In other words, don’t turn right onto the bridge.
*Silver Key Alert*
Down the path way in front of you is a small stone bridge and a single house. Under that stone bridge is the key. Head into Brightwall Village.
*Silver Key Alert*
Once inside, cross the first bridge by the blacksmiths shop. In front of you is 3 cobbled roads. Take the middle one, up to the chicken farm. Behind the house, next a tree is your key.. . ..did I just rhyme.. . ..lame. Now head for the fountain in front of Brightwall Academy.
*Silver Key Alert*
Near the fountain is a house. Near the steps that lead to the upstairs of that house is a gap in the stones. In this private forest is the silver key. Enter Birghtwall Academy and then the Reliquary.

The Reliquary: Follow the Storyline/tail, past the sword/flitswitch tutorial, until you reach a Will Flitswitch that activates a stone stair case. From there activate like so: *the pattern will always be from the first stairway perspective of up. For example, the first platform only give you one option. In this guide, that’s Left. The second platform gives you 2 options, Up and Left. Choose Up. Get the Chest.
On the 3rd platform, not the one with the treasure chest, choose Left. 4th-Left. 5th-Up. 6th-Up, 7th-Right, 8th-Right, 9th-Up. 10th-Left, 11th-Up. You should now be at the end. Continue until you enter the room just after the Charged Will Door. The room has a large cylindrical pillar in its center.
*Silver Key Alert*
Kill all the Hollowmen and stop after you cross a stone bridge. To you’re right is a locked door. Open it by lighting up the Braziers. . ..not to be confused with. . ..you know what never mind. Light up them with the Fire Ball Spell and claim your key. Continue deeper into The Reliquary, stop just after the trail-stretch of Hollowmen. The next room will have rubble and your dog will begin to bark. Follow your dog to a treasure chest.
*Silver Key Alert*
Next to this chest is a natural stone pathway leading up. Go up it. You should now have a view of the Platforms I had you ever so meticulously activate. Somewhere on YOUR level is a gap leading to the old archway.. . .alter… . .thingy.. ..anyways, DO NOT vault down anywhere. In the alter is a lever, pull it and kill the oncoming Hollowmen. Afterwards, you should now see where I’m going with this. A staircase has now appeared on the Platforms. Vault down and go to it. Up the stairway, after activating the platform, is the key. Now Vault down off the edge and follow the bread crumb trail/storyline. Grab the Music Box. Do whatever.
*Recommendations: This guide isn’t about leveling up as a hero, its about going through as fast as possible, getting as many legendary weapons as possible. I would focus on Combat upgrades, expression packs, and the landlord/entrepreneur packs. No job skills. ..like anyone uses those. Save as many Guildseals as possible.

After exiting the Academy to your next quest, near the jewelry shop up the stairs is a Silver Key Chest. It contains 50,000 Gold. Use it however you want. I use it to buy property to make money. Be sure to check out the Blacksmiths shop to see what the Random Weapons Generator gave you. Continue through the story line until the Mercenary Camp.
Mercenary Camp: Run through the camp until you reach the point where and kill all the guards until you reach a point where the Mercenaries release some caged wolves to fight along side them.
*Silver Key Alert*
In this area, next to a lookout post is the key.
Beat the Mercenaries Camp.
Brightwall Village. .. ..Again: Return to Brightwall and continue the storyline. Gain followers to progress. I usually do the Chicken Chaser and The Missing Play quests.
*Demon Door*
After Promising to restore Brightwall Academy, you have two choices. You can either head straight for The Dweller Camp, or if you have all the available Expression Packs and either a 2nd controller or and Xbox live friend, you can head to the Mistpeak Valley Demon Door. Inside this Demon Door is a Legendary Weapon. Once again, the Random Weapons Generator affects what the weapon is.
Dweller Camp:
*Silver Key Alert*
Once you’ve completed Sibene’s requests and promised to the forest and mountains to his people, STOP!!! DO NOT GO THROUGH THE PORTAL. Behind one of the Carriages to your left is the silver key. If you missed it, just go into Mistpeak and the back to the Dweller Camp to get it. My way just saves time.
The Monorail Station (The Hole): In here are 2 Silver keys, well technically 3, but that’s not important. Only 2 are available right now and I only go for one. I’ll list how to get both, but I skip it.
Continue the storyline past the monorail wreckage site, over the bridge, and to an opening in the cave where the lighting goes from a red-ish color to a lime-green color. You’ll be attacked by 2 groups of Hobbes; one in plain site, the other that bursts out of the containers.
*1 ½ Silver Key Alerts*
After defeating the Hobbes, your dog will bark revealing the Key behind the Barrel Rack. Now if you noticed there are three trails at this point: One you came through, one where the Bread Crumb Trail tells you to go, and one that leads to a locked gate. Someways behind this gate is the 2nd Silver Key. The key to this gate is near the end of The Hole. I’ll point it out later.
Continue Storyline until after the Hobbe Temple Coliseum. Do not exit The Hole.
*½ Silver Key Alert*
After Walter scares the S#*% outta the wizard Hobbe, cross the bridge and turn left down a trail. At the end of this trail is a chest containing the Technician’s Key. This key goes to the gate mentioned in 1 ½ Silver Key Alert. I skip it.
Exit The Hole.

Mourningwood (awkward name): Shortly after exiting The Hole, you will cross a bridge. Take the right trail, but hug the left wall. Your dog will bark, but don’t follow him just yet. At the end is a Silver Key Chest (10). In it is a Legendary Weapon. Also, right before the ruined fortress is a Chest. In it should be the Bone Smasher Pistol.
Continue to the Storyline past The Hollow Legion.
Make a promise to Major Swift.

Mourningwood (After The Hollow Legion quest): After leaving the fortress go straight and investigate the pathways on your right.
*Silver Key Alert*
Head for the upper most right region of the Hollowmen Spawning Zone. There is a closed off mine entrance. Break the boards to reveal the key.. . ..I suggest you get it.
Keep going past the Graveyard with the Statue. While sticking to the path, you will come across a big boulder on your right. Go a little further down the path and you will reach a fork in the road. Take the left one to The Sunset House.

Sunset House: As soon as you enter the area keep an eye on your left.
*Silver Key Alert*
You should come across a horde of Hobbes. Kill them and look to the left at the Demon Door. Next to it is a broken Archway, left side. Behind it is a trail that leads to the Key. Proceed to the Sunset House Gates.
*Gold Door Alert*
After entering the Gates head right. In the forest is a Gold Door that contains a Legendary Weapon.
*Silver Key Alert*
Exit the Gold Door and hug the right hillside. Behind a big tree is the key.
*Legendary Weapon and Achievement Alert*
On the opposite side of the region is a Gazebo with four statues doing various poses. Every time I’ve played these statues have had the same poses. Roar, Point and Laugh, Praise, and what I believe is straining your wrist (a mess up expression of Fable 2, look a lot like Point and Laugh though). Whatever the expressions, memorize and go back to Mourningwood then return to the Sunset House.
You should immediately notice something different. If you don’t, then allow me. THERE’S A GIANT GHOST MANSION IN THE DISTANCE!!. Go back to the Gazebo and reset the statues to the previous setting. After, the Ghost house turns normal. Go in it. Inside is a book next to a hanging skeleton in the center of the room. Read it and sleep in the bed.
In the “Dreamland” you will run into Chesty. He will challenge you to a game of chess, but don’t take it seriously. After 3 of the pieces interact, Chesty will end the game and instead, have you play his version. Kill the pieces in order of importance to defeat Chesty and earn. the achievement.
*part 2 of previous*
After defeating Chesty he will give you the Sunset House, which unlocks the dining room. In this room you will see a mirror that reflects a better version of itself. Looking into the mirror will reveal the positions of invisible Flitswitches in your room. Hit the area they’re in with your sword one by one (3 in total). Return to the mirror. You will see a Chest in the reflection. The chest is more foreshadowing. There isn’t one in your room. Instead, vault through the mirror and continue; through the hallway into the next room. To the right is a Fortune Telling Orb. Shoot it. It will unlock the door in your room to get the Legendary Weapon. Exit the Sunset House area and continue the storyline.
*Silver Key Alert*
Just before the Mourningwood Camp is a Silver key behind an archway and a tree. If your lost, find the “Happy Hippies’ Hut” on the outskirts of the Mourningwood Camp. From its balcony, next to the door, you can see it.
Continue the Storyline to Bowerstone Industrial.
Bowerstone Industrial: Start following Walter until you reach the first bridge. To your left is a factory.
*Silver Key. . ..you get the bloody idea…*
Inside the factory and up the stairs is the key. You will need to shut off the steam pipes using the levers beside them. If you view the first pump as #1, the one above it on the same side as #2, then the other two in similar order as 3 and 4. The sequence is 1,4,2,3,1. The pumps order I described is like so, the first pump you activate is #1:
2 4
1 3
Continue Story until after Bowerstone Resistance. (after you meet with Page).
You will need to gain 100 followers. I usually do The Game and Kidnapped quests. Together, with battles, they average around 100 or so guild seals. If short do another quest or interact with a few villagers.
*If you don’t follow these quests find the Keys I mention within them.

Bowerstone Market (The Game): Once in Bowerstone Market, go to the Blacksmiths.
*Silver Key*
From the Blacksmiths head toward the Castle Gates. Through the back door of the 2nd house behind the Blacksmiths shop, right next to the Castle Gates is the Key. The house is called, “Hauteville Heights.”
*Silver Key Chest*
In the back alley between the Pub and Clothing store. Contains Guild Seals. Not sure if that affects the follower’s you need to gain.
*Silver Key*
From where you are, cross the Bower bridge and take the right staircase down. Behind some crates by, “The Old Trout” fish stall, is the key.

Beat “The Game” Quest and go to Bowerstone Industrial. Start Kidnapped Quest.

Kidnapped Quest: Beat the guards and reach the fiancé. Lead the kidnappee through the sewer following the Bread Crumb Trail.
*Silver Key*
From the start of leading the kidnappee, you’ll take a left and then a right. At that right turn you will see a boarded up hole in the wall. Break in to get the key.

Complete the Kidnapped Quest and gain however many follower to gain Page’s trust. Complete The Masquerade Storyline quest.

Millfields: After making the promise to Page, head to the Millfields Demon Door.
*Silver Key Chest*
On a trail just before the Demon Door. Its right behind a statue of a man with a telescope. *for those of you interested in opening the Demon Door, you must be as fat as can be and wearing pajama’s.

Go to the Castle for the Cutscene of Major Swifts’ execution. Start the, “Traitors” Storyline quest. Continue story until you become Ruler of Albion.
***At this point I would recommend becoming an evil ruler or tyrant. The reason is simple, being evil can get you up to 3 Legendary Weapons. One from The City of Aurora’s Demon Door. One from the Auroran Mine. One from the Sanctuary Treasury, that is, if you haven’t gotten it already.***
****Three Legendary Weapons****
First start being Evil. This is the for sure way. Break promises and Make lot’s of money. Afterwards, take for yourself. Do this until you decide Aurora’s Fate. In order to unlock the Auroran Mines, you need to break your promise to Kalen and side with Reaver. I’ve heard rumors of it opening while being Good, but I haven’t ever experienced it first hand.
Being Evil will overlap all three weapons.
1.) Unlocks the Auroran Mines.
2.) Makes The City of Aurora’s Demon Door easier to open.
3.) Makes filling up The Sanctuary’s Treasury Easier.

The Weight of the World (Evil):

Execute your brother Logan.
Raise Tax Policy
Side with Reaver on Child Labor
Refuse to Repair Bowerstone Old Quarter
Part Two:

Lower the Guard Budget.
Decide on Evil Décor on Redecorating the Castle
Break Promise to the Aurorans. (Unlocks Auroran Mines.)

****Legendary Weapon Time****
On the Expedition for the Desert Star, now is the time to explore and do side quests.
1.) Go to the Sunset House and Open the Demon Door (He only opens for the Ruler of Albion). Contains 1,000,000 Gold.
2.) Go to the Mourningwood Fortress (the place where you used the Mortar against the Hollowmen). Buy the Fortress and play the Mortar game and get over 2000 points. Unlocks Legendary Weapon (1st time over 2000 points only) and Achievement.
3.) If you haven’t already, do the “Bored To Death” quest. And finish it.
4.) Go to The City of Aurora and into The Auroran Mines. Inside are 8 Flitswitches to find. 1.) To your left as soon as you go up the first steps. 2.) Go down the stairs then ramps and lit the 2 Braziers. Don’t go to the center platform yet, I just wanted to get that outta the way. Go down the first set of steps from there. The flitswitch is on a pillar to your left. 3.) Go down the first wooden ramp near the giant statue’s base and look at the Center Platform. On it is the flitswitch. 4.) Go down the 2nd ramp and up the stairs onto the ledge with crates and boxes and look up. Shoot the flitswitch. 5.) Go up the wooden ramp that leads to the opposite side of the mine. There will be several Auroran’s Mining. A Blue flitswitch is near there. 6.) Go up the wooden ramp to the upper level of the opposite side. There should be an alter with pillars. At the center of its ceiling is a flitswitch. 7.) Cross the wooden walkway to the ruined staircase with the scaffolding. Immediately to your left is a blue flitswitch on a pillar. 8.) Same area. On a lone stone pillar, is the flitswitch.
***Legendary Weapon***
Go to the Center Platform and stand in the middle. Charge a level 3 or higher will spell. I suggest fire. The statue will then open up revealing the chest. **Possible glitch, the statue hands might not move. But you can still walk through them to get to the chest.
5.) If you are completely Evil, go to The City of Aurora Demon Door. Contains a Legendary Weapon. **it also opens if you’re completely Good as well. Weapon also seems to change based on moral standing.
6.) Go to The Shifting Sands, but instead of going to get the Desert Star, head for The Veiled Path. Either fight or rush any enemy that comes by. Once in The Veiled Path you want to go into The Enigma cave. Its about halfway down The Veiled Path and on the right side. It’s right before the Big A$$ staircase. Inside is a chest.
***A Very Unimportant Chest.***
Contains: Who knows… . ..or cares… .
***Gold and Silver Key***
Over the door’s archway is a yellow flitswitch. Shoot it to open the door… ..pretty basic. Kill the baddies then light the Braziers to open the doors. One opens up another room with more baddies. Kill them to open all the door to reveal, you guess, another room. Inside is the Silver Key. If you noticed that if you step on the yellow circle it lights up. On the shelves in this room shows the sequence in which to correctly step on, they are the lamps. The sequence is: yellow, blue, yellow, red, blue, red, blue, red. AND THE DOORS OPEN!!!! In the one that doesn’t lead to a dead end is the Gold Key.
7.) Go back to Mourningwood and start the quest “Gone, but not Forgotten”.
***2 Silver Keys, a Gold Door, and a Legendary Weapon***
Once inside The Ossuary, you’ll notice on the right side, one of the doors to one of the crypts is gone. Inside it is a Silver Key. Now, go up the creepy Mausoleum stair case. It’s the same building you chase Max on. Once on the top level keep going straight and vault off the ledge to your left. On this platform is the 2nd Silver Key. Jump down and go back up the previously mentioned stair case and chase Max down. At the top of the Mausoleum is the Gold Door. Contains a Legendary Weapon. Finish the quest.
8.) Once you’ve gotten 5,000,000 gold in your wallet, check the Sanctuary Treasury. You should be able to get the key at the top of the gold mountain. MAKE SURE YOU GET IT… It’s very important. After which, transfer all your gold to the Castle’s Treasury. Now open the chest that was buried under the mountain with the key to get a Legendary Weapon.

***Other Legendary Weapons***
This is a list of other Legendary Weapon Locations. The reason I don’t go after them is because they aren’t random, from what I can tell.
***The Dark Sanctum- The Tenderizer***
You need to reestablish the Dark Sanctum, then leave and return so they have time to remove the last bits of debris. In the room where you obtained the Furnaces’ Lever is a blue Flitswitch. Hit it, and light the 4 Braziers that it unlocks. 4 Flitswitches will appear, 2 at the doorway you came into, 2 along the way back out. Hit all four to the main chamber, then again to the locked door. Inside is another chamber where you’ll need to light up 4 more Braziers. To get to them, use the Platforms.. . .Obviously. Kill or.. . ..um Re-kill any Hollowmen that get in your way. Once all 4 are lit, you’ll be able to reach the chest.
***Gnomes are Evil- The Gnomewrecker***
You will need to hunt down every gnome in the world and kill the gargoyle in order for Brian to give you this gun.
***Silver Key Chest (50)- Chickenbane***
Inside the Silver Key Chest at Bowerstone Castle. The chest is in the Garden, right side.
Legendary Weapons List (DLC not included).

Legendry Swords
#1: The Swinging Sword
#2: Avo’s Lamentation
#3: Thunderblade
#4: Really Sharp Pair of Scissors
#5: Souldrinker
#6: Beadle’s Cutlass
#7: Mr Stabby
#8: The Casanova
#9: Slimquick
#10: The Splade
#11: The Merchant’s Bodyguard
#12: The Love Sword

Legendary Hammers
#1: Jack’s Hammer
#2: The Tenderiser
#3: Scythe’s Warhammer
#4: The TYPO
#5: Tannar’s Glory
#6: Hammer of Wilmageddon
#7: Mallett’s Mallet
#8: Lunarium Pounder
#9: Dragonbone Hammer
#10: Sorrow’s Fist
#11: Trollblight
#12: Faerie Hammer of the Moon King
#13: Aurora’s Shield

Legendary Pistols
#1: Dragonstomper .48
#2: Chickenbane
#3: Bloodcraver
#4: Gnomewrecker
#5: The Ice Maiden
#6: Tee Killer Shooter
#7: Briar’s Blaster
#8: The Barnumificator
#9: Reaver Industries Perforator
#10: Desert Fury
#11: The Bonesmasher
#12: Holy Vengeance
#13: Mirians’s Mutilator

Legendary Rifles
#1: The Sandgoose
#2: Skorm’s Justice
#3: The Shrieking Pilgrim
#4: The Equaliser
#5: Simmons Shotgun
#6: Arkwright’s Flintlock
#7: Swift Irregular
#8: Facemelter
#9: The Hero’s Companion
#10: Ol’ Malice
#11: Defender of the Faith
#12: Scattershot
#13: Marksman 500

Weapon Trading Info:
At the current moment I have all the weapons but:
Marksman 500
Jack’s Hammer
The Sandgoose
Out of the Weapons I do have, I have a number of extras for all except for:
The Gnomewrecker
The Swinging Sword
Really Sharp Pair of Scissors
Thunderblade
Anything else and I have either 2 or more of. If I have only 2, you will have to trade for it. If I have several, and you have nothing to trade me, I’ll let you have it for free. Once I get the achievement I’ll give any of them away for free. First come first serve.
If you’re interested, either reply to this or send me a friend request and a message of what you want and/or what you will trade.
My Gamer Tag is: Abso0lute Zer0

Absolute Zero

Reaction score
Weapon Trading Info:
At the current moment I have all the weapons but:
Marksman 500
Jack’s Hammer
The Sandgoose
Out of the Weapons I do have, I have a number of extras for all except for:
The Gnomewrecker
The Swinging Sword
Really Sharp Pair of Scissors
Thunderblade
Anything else and I have either 2 or more of. If I have only 2, you will have to trade for it. If I have several, and you have nothing to trade me, I’ll let you have it for free. Once I get the achievement I’ll give any of them away for free. First come first serve.
If you’re interested, either reply to this or send me a friend request and a message of what you want and/or what you will trade.
My Gamer Tag is: Abso0lute Zer0

Please reply to this message to save space.

monkeyrowan

Reaction score
hey i might be able to help you my gamertag is monkeyrowan message me in game preferabley forum is ok but game is better. also when you do have all the weapons can you trade them to me and i trade back i only want the acheivement thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.