• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3: Simultaneously fun and disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
Actually, I'm gonna go against the flow here and hope that Lionhead does not listen to the fans. They actually did listen to some fans before making Fable 3. The result was this quote by Peter Molyneux:
"More than half the people that played Fable II understood and used less than half the features in the game," Molyneux says, recalling an eye-opening piece of research that changed his whole approach to the sequel. "

You can find the whole interview here. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fable-iii-x10-preview

And then this:
What was the point at which you realised you wanted to get rid of experience?
The absolute main reason is that most people didn’t understand it. We had red experience, green experience, blue experience… These went into pools… You’d ask people “how do you get red experience” and they’d say “I don’t know, sometimes it’s red, sometimes it’s green, sometimes it’s blue.” You know, that’s wrong; it’s just wrong.

http://projectego.net/822/question-answer-session-peter-molyneux.html

So yeah, Lionhead did listen to the fans. The retarded ones!
wtf.....seriously? How the bloody hell hard is it to get? you whack a guy red orbs pop out, you shoot em yellow, ya blast em with magic blue....its not freakn' rocket science here. I'm still in a state of 'wtf' i don't know what else to say except whoever they interviewed obviously didn't put any serious time into the game...

Bluedrake

Reaction score
wtf.....seriously? How the bloody hell hard is it to get? you whack a guy red orbs pop out, you shoot em yellow, ya blast em with magic blue....its not freakn' rocket science here. I'm still in a state of 'wtf' i don't know what else to say except whoever they interviewed obviously didn't put any serious time into the game...

That was in Fable TLC. In Fable 2 they switched it around for some reason.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
Really? hah its been too long since i played either game. But still, point is, you do an action and you see the result. Unless your blind playing a game, which i would pay to see btw, then its not that hard to get. And I just got done reading that whole article and I'm just blown away at how....for lack of a better word, retarded his reasoning was for all the stuff that was taken out or revamped.

I dunno bout you but when i go to buy something and i see a huge list of features i'm thinking, sweet this thing does what i want and more. I see something that says "hi i'm a whatever and i look good doing it. I'm thinking...ok....so what else do you do?

Bluedrake

Reaction score
Really? hah its been too long since i played either game. But still, point is, you do an action and you see the result. Unless your blind playing a game, which i would pay to see btw, then its not that hard to get. And I just got done reading that whole article and I'm just blown away at how....for lack of a better word, retarded his reasoning was for all the stuff that was taken out or revamped.

I dunno bout you but when i go to buy something and i see a huge list of features i'm thinking, sweet this thing does what i want and more. I see something that says "hi i'm a whatever and i look good doing it. I'm thinking...ok....so what else do you do?

I know what you mean. I could forgive a game for having a shallow story, clunky interface, glitches here and there, inferior graphics or whatever if it was ridiculously fun to play. Fable 3 just wasn't that much fun to me. My usual example for this is Prototype. Heck, in Prototype it's fun just to get from one end of the map to the other. How many games pull that off? The final boss killed me 30 fricking times before I finally got him. Sure, I got frustrated, but when I finally killed it I literally jumped out of my seat and did a victory pose. I was that happy. Neither Fable 2 nor Fable 3 made me feel that happy over killing a particular enemy. I didn't feel particularly scared of the enemies either. You know, when you go :eek:h no, it's one of those!

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
That was in Fable TLC. In Fable 2 they switched it around for some reason.

Its got to do with the buttons they were assigned to. X is for melee, and it's blue, Y is for ranged and it's yella, and B is for magic and it's red.

Archmenel

Reaction score
That is...incredible. And also entirely saddening.

So I am assuming Lionhead did not include communities such as this - where the great majority are very experienced, and also intelligent people to boot - in their surveys then.

Nice to know your voice is heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.