• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 still isn't running on my more than compatible PC. Help?

cantrunfable

Reaction score
I have all the dll files. I have the Cataclysm driver from ATI for my graphics card. I've contacted Microsoft, Lionhead Studios, and even Direct2drive.com which is who I bought the game from. Nothing from them helped at all.

I went on www.systemrequirementslab.com and got my computer analyzed to see if it would run Fable 3, and as you can see in the pic I uploaded - it is much more than capable than running it. So why is it that it won't run.

Here's what it does do. When I click on either "FableLauncher" or "F3Secu" in the game folder, my screen loads for about 5 seconds and then - nothing. It just stops. On both of those I've done "run as administrator", tried every compatibility mode, and also I've tried "run in 256 colors" etc. etc. etc.

When I click "Fable3" in the game folder, I get this: "The ordinal 5365 could not be located in the dynamic link library xlive.dll."

Please don't tell me to fix or download new dll files because I've done and re-done and re-re-done that many times and I'm getting tired of it...

Can anyone please help me out here?

MrClasher

Reaction score
Re-install the windows games for live marketplace smack software.

Compatibility modes shouldn't affect the game really
Im running fable on PC too and I had the .live software AND marketplace installed before i installed the game itself, although this shouldn't matter, it might be worth the try..

I'm 90% certain of it that your error has something to do with the live software.

BTW downloading .Dll files is terrible dangerious and could result into unstable blabla... just dont do it.

> re-install MS Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable
> Re-install MS Games for Windows Marketplace

Damn Microsoft comes with terrible names for their software ...

> IF that doesn't work, then re-install the game

In case you have a saved game, you should make a back-up !!!
Location: C:/users/%user%/Saved Games/Lionhead Studios < WIndows vista/7 < backup entire folder and subs

For XP Im not sure, google is your friend

Goodluck