• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable:Age of Archon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malificus

Malificus
Reaction score
Fable:Age of Archon

dont get me wrong i love fable,fable2 and the up coming third installment. but what if the next game took place during the rise of the old kingdom the age of archon,the creation of the sword of aeons and the mysterious birth of the ultimate villian jack of blades.understanding the founding of the heros guild and why it was placed there. imagine a small child playing in the woods.the child hears horns in the distance,upon reaching the road the child sees a massive column of troops marching to ships by the shore. leading this massive army is archon himself wearing his armor forged from the last platinum troll and bearing the sword of aeons.trotting beside the king of old, a figure in a black cloak wearing a mask that terrified the boy so.the child knows the markings on the mask.jack of blades councilman and bodyguard to the king.anyway archon sees this small child and beckons to he or she to approach.archon having adopted your young hero grows up learning the ways combat through the king,and the ways of the will from jack.in this time the hero grows strong and disciplined.anyway your hero does good things or bad things for archons kingdom.archon is murdered and the sword stolen.jack of blades pinns this murder on you.and eventually you are left for dead.a tall skinny man finds your near lifeless body and takes you to a strange place outside the colony of bowerstone.the heros guild.you finish your training here and set out for revenge against the one trusted.jack of blades.the final battle takes place ware archon forged the sword of aeons,archons folly there jack of blades the hero square off for the final battle.when the hero defeats jack of blades. two choices become clear. alow jack to live and hide sword of aeons or kill him and never be proven of your innocence.but upon the hiding the sword jack slays the hero and upon killing him the hero becomes the new bearer of the mask.which in all reality would set up the first game if you kill jack.this is just a thought but be nice to see the barbaric times in albion,during the reign of archon.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score
Re: Fable:Age of Archon

I'll go first shall I,
uses paragraphs! that was really difficult to read!

oh and we don't know when the next game will be set, but I doubt they'll go backwards

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Alright, first, maybe you should organize that a little and use some correct grammar and punctuation so it's not so difficult to read. Nobody's going to do anything but skim that heavy block of text.

Next, many people have had the idea of a game set in the times of the Old Kingdom, but it wouldn't work unless Fable expanded beyond an RPG franchise. Fable is all about crafting your own Hero and being exactly who you want to be. If Fable 4 were to be set in the Old Kingdom, they'd plop you into the shoes of William Black so you can take down the Court and create the kingdom of Albion. That wouldn't be what Fable is all about. That wouldn't be saying, "Here's a 'blank slate' character. Do with him/her what you will." That would just be saying, "Here, you're playing as this predetermined character no matter what."

EDIT: Ninja'd :ninja:

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

I'm going to put some effort into this answer, so please bare with me until the post lasts. I apologize for the post size.

The idea of a prequel of the Fable series was taken many time in considerations by the fans and by Lionhead too, however Jack of Blades is long gone. He was defeated by the hero of Oakvale in Fable The Lost Chapters.

Malificus said:
dont get me wrong i love fable,fable2 and the up coming third installment. but what if the next game took place during the rise of the old kingdom the age of archon,the creation of the sword of aeons and the mysterious birth of the ultimate villian jack of blades

Jack of Blades, was able to live through centuries in the human world though his mask, just like the other two of the court. However, his mask (presumably along with the others on his chin) were destroyed by the hero of Oakvale when the threw Jack of Blade's mask into the fire after the dragon-fight.

I don't see why people keep asking for a sequel, prequel and anything else with this character, because repeating the same villain over and over, doesn't work for all the games, the story needs to change and to show new parts, introduce new features and add some new challenges, otherwise this game series would be boring to have the same villain over and over.

Of course, some other games do have the same villain(s) over and over, however this isn't the kind of a game that Fable, in general as whole is. We are hero's travelling the land, either saving or killing traders (based on our amusement) be called hero's and be renowned or be called assassins and murderers and be feared from the people of Albion.

Consider also, that Jack of Blades didn't come from the human world, actually he come from the void, presumably taking over some human host and started scarring the land alongside the other two court members until they were defeated by William Black (the first Archon, where speculation says that the first Archon is ineed Scythe from Fable, mentioned in Fable II).

Malificus said:
archon forged the sword of aeons,archons folly there jack of blades the hero square off for the final battle.when the hero defeats jack of blades. two choices become clear. alow jack to live and hide sword of aeons or kill him and never be proven of your innocence.but upon the hiding the sword jack slays the hero and upon killing him the hero becomes the new bearer of the mask.which in all reality would set up the first game if you kill jack.this is just a thought but be nice to see the barbaric times in albion,during the reign of archon.

Another fact, regarding prequels focusing on a certain part of the story is that the story is already known the player knows what happened on this part of the story, they are aware of the lore and how things followed until the fall of the Old Kingdom.

Fable, in general isn't a game that focuses on "already written stories" the main feature of Fable is that you can choose your destiny and the destiny of the world that surrounds you, you have an entire world to choose the destiny of and you have the chance to decide anything you want to do with it. That's what makes a Fable game in the most part: the freedom of choice.

When it comes to prequels, there can't be a big freedom of choice, because the story is already written and likely nobody wants more lore paradoxes into a video game (yes, there are lore paradoxes in Fable too, minor ones, but still, paradoxes).

However, I wish the sequels of the game, will be good as the old games and hopefully better. Though Peter Molyneux admitted that he's done with Fable after Fable III. Lionhead will move to something new. I'm glad to think that they are going to shape some new ideas and make them real, because overusing the same idea over and over, after a point it doesn't give a good experience.

I'm sorry for the post, it was too long and I apologize if it was offensive in any way. I hope I have cleared out all the points I wanted to clear.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Can't say I really care much for Jack of Blades, but I love his outfit!!!
They should make Jack of Blades clothes available.

Like a nod to us who have been here from the beginning.

Oh, and I didn't read your post, Malifius. My eyes started to bleed :O

Haha, I'm joking... but seriously, they did!

ciller

Reaction score

i have another idea

u start off as one of many son/daughters of william black. u play as a child abit (if that does come back) adult.ure will powers stronger than ever u go up against a great evil that is forever approaching on albion u fail and later awake on a beach

as dark times ingulf the land ure father a fovever weaking nuke goes into hiding not telling anyone just saying bekind to this land as he walks by u.as ure left alone in a bitter world will u turn to evil or will u against all odds be the light of all of albion.

news of a guild of so called hero reachs u so u go to investagate they tell that they can promise u great money and renown if u join will u chose to join or will u turn against this guild.
(cutscene)
good

years pass fighting the guild losing focus on ure true goal the approaching evil gets stronger and strounger as it land on albions shore darkness infest the water .u decide to pray to avo to rid this land of a gang of mercenaries that call them selfs the heros guild

evil
yaers pass as u find ure self in mountain of money and wemon but it comes at a cost ur wemon they sleep with all of albion ure beauty is corrupted suddenly there a horns sounding off its here crash a huge shadowed hand crash the east wall u see the evil that u once fought but its strounger than ever ure guild master a bandit like man grabs u and tell u its hopless ure the best and i dont think u could stop it well slow it down just get out of here

good quest u attack the guild making ure may to there master guarded by his best men u have to take them all down u kill all his men he in hiding i a corner holding a sword dripping with blood u walk over to him (he yell why are u doing this, i have done nothing wroung ure ure a monster stop plz leave me what does it matter any ways i am no importance to u let me go ) moral choce laeve or kill.

evil ure older than u would be if u were good at this point put u have 10 000 gold and ure renown is up by 250

the story continues later im not bother anymore lol

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

ciller;412473 said:
i have another idea

u start off as one of many son/daughters of william black. u play as a child abit (if that does come back) adult.ure will powers stronger than ever u go up against a great evil that is forever approaching on albion u fail and later awake on a beach

as dark times ingulf the land ure father a fovever weaking nuke goes into hiding not telling anyone just saying bekind to this land as he walks by u.as ure left alone in a bitter world will u turn to evil or will u against all odds be the light of all of albion.

news of a guild of so called hero reachs u so u go to investagate they tell that they can promise u great money and renown if u join will u chose to join or will u turn against this guild.
(cutscene)
good

years pass fighting the guild losing focus on ure true goal the approaching evil gets stronger and strounger as it land on albions shore darkness infest the water .u decide to pray to avo to rid this land of a gang of mercenaries that call them selfs the heros guild

evil
yaers pass as u find ure self in mountain of money and wemon but it comes at a cost ur wemon they sleep with all of albion ure beauty is corrupted suddenly there a horns sounding off its here crash a huge shadowed hand crash the east wall u see the evil that u once fought but its strounger than ever ure guild master a bandit like man grabs u and tell u its hopless ure the best and i dont think u could stop it well slow it down just get out of here

good quest u attack the guild making ure may to there master guarded by his best men u have to take them all down u kill all his men he in hiding i a corner holding a sword dripping with blood u walk over to him (he yell why are u doing this, i have done nothing wroung ure ure a monster stop plz leave me what does it matter any ways i am no importance to u let me go ) moral choce laeve or kill.

evil ure older than u would be if u were good at this point put u have 10 000 gold and ure renown is up by 250

the story continues later im not bother anymore lol

I believe you completely ignored my message above. There's no point to play something happened in the past when it comes in Fable games, Fable is all about decisions, actions and consequences.

When you try to share an idea/theory with other people, at least try to type properly. Read the other posts in the thread for information from others people posts so you can share your own thoughts, ideas and more in a proper way.

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

I didn't read all of your message because it was really long but I got the drift of it I think. And I agree. I think they should make a prequel to the first Fable. But after theyve made 4 and 5. The prequel should include the rise and fall of the guild. That would be awesome.
ALSO they should make a Fable 1.5 where they include stuff that happens after Jack's downfall.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Paragon;412975 said:
I didn't read all of your message because it was really long but I got the drift of it I think. And I agree. I think they should make a prequel to the first Fable. But after theyve made 4 and 5. The prequel should include the rise and fall of the guild. That would be awesome.
ALSO they should make a Fable 1.5 where they include stuff that happens after Jack's downfall.

I don't understand what's good into a prequel of the story of Fable. There's no need to specific points of the story, Fable's main feature is the freedom of choice. You can choose the destiny of your hero and of the world around you. Creating a Fable game that's based on something that has happened removes this freedom that the player had in the games.

We know the story of what happened after Jack's defeat (in his dragon form) we don't need prequels, Fable isn't made for prequels. There's much, much more that could be done, but a prequel would just miss-point the whole point of the game: freedom of choice, destiny and consequences.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Well...technically 'knowing' that things happen is only bad from a literary sense. Fable has already established that certain events are unavoidable.

I suppose prequel would be related to the interest of the fan base. It would probably have to be substantial. I unfortunately wouldn't support it. =\

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

There could still be a lot of choice in a prequel. It's just something that could be explored one day and I'm sure it would be very enjoyable.

king_reaver

Reaction score

just have a movie staring william black
can be call tales of first Archon

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

If they do make a movie they would have to not ruin Fable. But that's almost impossible.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

darkONI, just to point out, because this is really bugging me, there is only a 50 percent chance that JOBs mask was destroyed, there was also the opportunity to wear the mask, and become Jack, in which case there is a possibility that he could return... I would love that so much - Reign of the Court Mark 2 -

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

joslen1;413667 said:
darkONI, just to point out, because this is really bugging me, there is only a 50 percent chance that JOBs mask was destroyed, there was also the opportunity to wear the mask, and become Jack, in which case there is a possibility that he could return... I would love that so much - Reign of the Court Mark 2 -

That's completely wrong. The canon story of Fable, at least based on Fable II is that the hero slained Jack of Blades in the dragon form using the sword of aeons. However, he didn't wear Jack of Blades mask, because it's said everywhere that The Hero of Oakvale defeated him.

Therefore, Jack is dead, for good.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Yes, but, as another example, how do you explain that the mural in the COF in fable 2 shows the hero with the SOA but theresa still lives. he missed?(!) btw, i have a real problem with giving up on a point.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

I think Maleficus, ciller, and king reaver are all joking/the same person. But the one ciller made was hilarious.

but it comes at a cost ur wemon they sleep with all of albion ure beauty is corrupted suddenly there a horns sounding off its here crash a huge shadowed hand crash the east wall u see the evil that u once fought but its strounger than ever
No! Not my wemon! I loved my wemon! Also, a shadowed hand? What?

(he yell why are u doing this, i have done nothing wroung ure ure a monster stop plz leave me what does it matter any ways i am no importance to u let me go )
It's like poetry! So beautiful. You should write movies!+rep+rep+rep+rep +rep+rep+rep

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

joslen1;413681 said:
Yes, but, as another example, how do you explain that the mural in the COF in fable 2 shows the hero with the SOA but theresa still lives. he missed?(!) btw, i have a real problem with giving up on a point.

That's a classic lore paradox. Plus, take in consideration that the Sword of Aeons is very similar to Tear of Avo, though this would be another unexplainable lore paradox.

Happens often in some games, that the developers want to "spicy" up the story that they add unexplainable changes in the lore, especially when the lore comes from an older game.

robynxx

Reaction score

i wud just want a prequel to be able to learn bout the time before fable 1 it wud b aweosme but i get what darkONI is saying . maybe as a sorta spin-off of fable idk i c where everyone is coming from .

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

robynxx;413689 said:
i wud just want a prequel to be able to learn bout the time before fable 1 it wud b aweosme but i get what darkONI is saying . maybe as a sorta spin-off of fable idk i c where everyone is coming from .

The story before the first Fable is known. There's no need for a prequel as I said many times over and over, the main objective of Fable, is the freedom of the player. You are the main protagonist, a hero in the fictional land of Albion, you can make decisions which will affect not just your life but the whole world around you.

A prequel, would just go against Fable's main purpose: the freedom of choice. Because anything that will happen, won't be changed, because it's a prequel, the story is already known.

Status
Not open for further replies.