• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FABLE FOOKIN' THREE. (Mix of rant / thoughts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
Some things about Fable III really **** me off. For one, I mean, the Sanctuary is cool and all, and I like how you can mix and match clothes, but I reckon it's rather unorganised. I just want a damn start screen with all the basics, all aligned, and the same goes for the shop keepers. I just want all the things you can purchase in a ****in' organised list.
And another thing. There's pretty weird aspects, like how I have to hold people's hands. Ugh. It's mildly creepy holding one of your friend's hands.. that's a straight dude.. I don't know. And although I have to applaud Lionhead for getting creative with the jobs, a pie maker? Seriously? I guess I'm just weird and consider that odd to include in the list of careers, hah - I was always pretty content with being a blacksmith. It was easy and brought in decent heaps of the ole shinies.

Furthermore, they killed off my favourite characters.
- Walter
- Swiftie

Seriously? They must have a thing against people with cool 'staches. They should've killed someone of worth, like Page. She complains too much. WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DAMN WAR, why the **** would I open a school?! Or save Bower Lake when it could be MINED FOR GOLD? That goes towards soliders, obviously. Some people just don't get it. 'You're just like Logan, blah blah..' I would've loved to have shot her in the face.

Well, anyway. The final piece in the pie -
Why did the darkness affect Walter so much? I've got a few theories to lay down, take 'em or leave 'em:

a) For one, he's an older man. I'd put him at least from the ages fifty-five to sixty (though still alive n kickin', as the sayin' goes) but the fact remains he is an older dude and, well, just as disease tends to affect the elderly (and those with bad immune systems, but that's not the point) the darkness could've easily worked just like a cancer.
b) He, no doubt, already saw a lot of death and destruction before travelling into that damn desert and he probably had demons of his own. The taunts of the Crawler probably managed to weasle deeper into his mind than the Hero's own. On top of that, he was in a stressful situation beforehand, as he was afraid of caves and / or the dark.
c) He wasn't a hero!

Anyway, what are YOUR thoughts on Fable III?

bradio12

Reaction score
i liked fable 2 and 1 better including the dlc for 2

Tiny5th

Reaction score
I mostly enjoyed the game, though there were the odd niggles, mainly to do with the variety of stuff decreased once more.

On the subject of walter, I posted in another thread about him.
Also Walter's extreme claustrophobia is given as a hint as to why when you're wandering through the shifting sands the first time on your own trip, which I assume was the darkness trying to infect you too just as it did him, as you actually are blinded at the end of that scene before you're saved.

I assume it is this claustrophobia that made him naturally susceptible to the mindfuckery that goes on when the darkness tries to invade your mind, as I assume the "darkness already there" was the traumatic episode where he was sealed in the cave for several days.

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
I actaully cried when Walter died, how sad :p
I think we should of been allowed to marry Ben Finn or Reaver and whoever takes youre fancy. (Yes, I know you can marry Elliot/Elise, but they're boring).
All you get are ugly villagers riddled with STD's (Yes, I know Reaver probably has like 9000, but still)
By the way, I agree that Page was VERY annoying.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
I think we should of been allowed to marry Ben Finn or Reaver and whoever takes youre fancy. (Yes, I know you can marry Elliot/Elise, but they're boring).
All you get are ugly villagers riddled with STD's (Yes, I know Reaver probably has like 9000, but still)

She wanted you to better the damn community in a time of crisis. I think you should be able to go back and do that sort of **** AFTERWARD... but of course they make all the main characters disappear after you beat the game.
Yeah, I think we should be able to marry those sorts of characters... the mains.. and I hope you can if they make a fourth. That'd be kickass if you could marry Reaver, ****. Or Ben, hah, or as you said - whoever suits your fancy, even if it's that annoying bitch Page.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score

I doubt Reaver would even consider marrying anyone, even the hero. He'll sleep with you for kicks, but that's about it. He's incapable of love because he doesn't care for it. He likes his hedonistic life and having the ability to marry him would actually make him less of a badass than he is now. I can't even imagine him gushing about how much he missed me whenever I return from adventuring like the other husbands/wives would. It just doesn't seem...right, ya know?

Ben Finn on the other hand...probably likes Page more. :p

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
I doubt Reaver would even consider marrying anyone, even the hero. He'll sleep with you for kicks, but that's about it. He's incapable of love because he doesn't care for it. He likes his hedonistic life and having the ability to marry him would actually make him less of a badass than he is now. I can't even imagine him gushing about how much he missed me whenever I return from adventuring like the other husbands/wives would. It just doesn't seem...right, ya know?

It would solve everyones problems if we could kill Page. Good enviroment or gold from the river. HMMM. Thats a tough one. Not.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
Seriously? They must have a thing against people with cool 'staches. They should've killed someone of worth, like Page. She complains too much. WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DAMN WAR, why the f*** would I open a school?! Or save Bower Lake when it could be MINED FOR GOLD? That goes towards soliders, obviously. Some people just don't get it. 'You're just like Logan, blah blah..' I would've loved to have shot her in the face.

This made me laugh, whilst I was agreeing. When I was playing good and keeping my promises, Reaver seemed fine with it. He never moaned. But Paige.... Don't get me started.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
This made me laugh, whilst I was agreeing. When I was playing good and keeping my promises, Reaver seemed fine with it. He never moaned. But Paige.... Don't get me started.

All she did was complain. I was like, "Bitch, get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!"
Haha. Kidding. Kidding. No need to be sexist.

Anyway, another thing about Fable.. it's like they completely took out the humour. I used to like reading the stupid **** they had... like for the Hollow Man Pie or whatever on the second. Amusing to say the least.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score

We can fantasize.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
I will say this:

I enjoy playing Fable III, and I will always enjoy playing Fable III.

But like really EVERYTHING in this world, it has its flaws.

The expressions seemed to childish and preschool. The sidequests were unfit and was like something out of a Disney Movie... they were childish. Some of the voice acting was completely cheesy.

It says Rated M does it not? Then keep M Rated stuff in it... take out all this stupid childishness.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The expressions seemed to childish and preschool. The sidequests were unfit and was like something out of a Disney Movie... they were childish. Some of the voice acting was completely cheesy.

It says Rated M does it not? Then keep M Rated stuff in it... take out all this stupid childishness.

Id agree with you there, i know they are claiming to be trying to appeal to a wider audience however they are in fact restricting their audience. Its a mature rated game and i feel embarrassed and immature doing the stupid expressions and ive said it time and time again, Lionhead need to remove this system and have a rethink. There is minimal interaction with NPC's which means you feel nothing for them when your only interaction is to fart at them and dance with them etc. By all means include humour but dont try and force it in areas where it isnt welcome.

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
I agree agree and agree!!!

I miss sooooooooooo much fable's 2 expression system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the fact that it seemed more.. adult yet still "fable"

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
Hahaha. I miss the humour. I miss a lot of things the old Fable had. I have to applaud the new models for the characters, though, much sexier.
Hopefully if they make a new one it'll be better thought out and have better expressions.. more realistic expressions, haha.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Id agree with you there, i know they are claiming to be trying to appeal to a wider audience however they are in fact restricting their audience. Its a mature rated game and i feel embarrassed and immature doing the stupid expressions and ive said it time and time again, Lionhead need to remove this system and have a rethink. There is minimal interaction with NPC's which means you feel nothing for them when your only interaction is to fart at them and dance with them etc. By all means include humour but dont try and force it in areas where it isnt welcome.

THANK you so much Drakan. This is what I mean.

I even went to the extent of not opening ANY Chests along the Road to Rule having to do with Expressions.

All my characters EVER do is handshakes, simply cause I feel retarded when I dance and **** on people.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score
You like fable 2 more than 3? Then that simply means you like the old fable game. Fable three is a new game. just because its a sequel doesnt mean they have stay true to every aspect of the previous games. They are trying out some new clever ideas, and if you dont like it, thats fine, just continue playing fable 2 instead.

Also, the killing of characters increases suspense and grabs your attention. Fable 3 succeeded with making the players grow close to the characters. why would they kill off less popular characters? It is pointless in the long run.

The ting i hate about fable 3 is that the good expressions are all awkward. when you first meet someone you dont patycake with them or dance. you chat, shake hands, or something a bit less awkward.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
You like fable 2 more than 3? Then that simply means you like the old fable game. Fable three is a new game. just because its a sequel doesnt mean they have stay true to every aspect of the previous games. They are trying out some new clever ideas, and if you dont like it, thats fine, just continue playing fable 2 instead.

Also, the killing of characters increases suspense and grabs your attention. Fable 3 succeeded with making the players grow close to the characters. why would they kill off less popular characters? It is pointless in the long run.

The ting i hate about fable 3 is that the good expressions are all awkward. when you first meet someone you dont patycake with them or dance. you chat, shake hands, or something a bit less awkward.

Sure, I could do that, but I could also play Fable III because I've beaten the second probably half a billion times. It's something new and it takes getting used to.

AcireJumi

And what an impression you've made. :D
Reaction score
I actually don't think I've read a forum that praised the game. People seem to reeeeaaaaally focus on the bad (I'm guilty in this case too because I did a rather long rant in someone's topic). Yeah, they took out a lot of stuff. There will always be flaws with games. In Fable 1 and 2, there was the stupid item menu. I prefer going to the sanctuary. Have you ever been in the middle of a mob of hobbes and just wanted to go somewhere safe to sit in the corner and cry because they are creepy little ****s (coming from someone who has no problem with Silent Hill monsters and in fact likes to draw monsters to that degree of creepiness and gore) without just fleeing? Scrolling through the items until you found the riiiiight one at the bottom was a pain and a half (and end up missing it). Now I can just hop into my weaponry, grab the most badass thing, and start squishing hobbes. Also, seeing the clothing was helpful. I didn't have to click something just to view it.

I do not miss having to heal my dog. I'm bad enough at keeping myself alive (horror games have made me a tad bit reckless), I now don't have to worry about him.

Despite the lack of clothing, they made up for it in dyes. You have twice as many colors and maybe it's time to take a step away from black. Also, yeah, microsoft is greedy, but that money sometimesmaybehopefully goes to making other games.

Gnomes. Were. Bad. Ass. I wanted to catch one and keep it in my house.

The childhood was cool, but having to do it ooooover and oooooover and ooooover again could get on anyone's nerves.

They put more freedom for family. I never wanted a bloody husband/wife. Just wanted the kid.

I LIKED Page. xD She reminded me of one of my friends who I liked to punch in the arm and could argue for hours with about the rights and wrongs of the world. Ben can go get hit by a bus. :D

Walter's death was tragic, but Lion Head did an excellent job making you LIKE him. I could care less about Swift. I was too focused on his beard to really pay attention. Kinda like the dog's death in Fable 2. Except you needed your dog after you completed the story....

They made Reaver much more of a creeper (and I agree that marrying him would take away from his personality).

The expression option, I admit, is pretty retarded. But my friends and I all will randomly start dancing with each other, hold hands while running down the street (normally singing). We never had handshakes though. I feel like I missed out. Again, not to be a sexist piglet, I didn't think it was that strange if you were a female hero do that those things. For once the girl could act like a girl to some degree. And at least now we don't have to worry about everyone falling in love with you and blocking your stairways because they want to get in your pants THAT badly and being good means you can't shoot them.

Co-op is a HUUUUUGE improvement. Achievements are as fun as they have always been.

Have you ever tried to make a wonderful pie? They can be a pain. I can see why they made that a job. Everyone.Loves.Pie (except for me cause I hate the stuff :p).

If the game didn't have glitches, it wouldn't be Fable. >.>

There, praise for the game. *feels accomplished* I did do a huge rant on my dislikes but all games have things we don't like.

I however will say this; The downloadable content was a bit of a let down.

And I had a huuuge theory on Walter and I looooooost it. D:

Also: NO GAME CAN BE AS BIG AS A DISAPPOINTMENT AS ALONE IN THE FRIKKEN DARK. I HOPE THAT GAME DIES A SLOW AND HORRIBLE AGONIZED DEATH.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
I actually don't think I've read a forum that praised the game. People seem to reeeeaaaaally focus on the bad (I'm guilty in this case too because I did a rather long rant in someone's topic). Yeah, they took out a lot of stuff. There will always be flaws with games. In Fable 1 and 2, there was the stupid item menu. I prefer going to the sanctuary. Have you ever been in the middle of a mob of hobbes and just wanted to go somewhere safe to sit in the corner and cry because they are creepy little ****s (coming from someone who has no problem with Silent Hill monsters and in fact likes to draw monsters to that degree of creepiness and gore) without just fleeing? Scrolling through the items until you found the riiiiight one at the bottom was a pain and a half (and end up missing it). Now I can just hop into my weaponry, grab the most badass thing, and start squishing hobbes. Also, seeing the clothing was helpful. I didn't have to click something just to view it.

I do not miss having to heal my dog. I'm bad enough at keeping myself alive (horror games have made me a tad bit reckless), I now don't have to worry about him.

Despite the lack of clothing, they made up for it in dyes. You have twice as many colors and maybe it's time to take a step away from black. Also, yeah, microsoft is greedy, but that money sometimesmaybehopefully goes to making other games.

Gnomes. Were. Bad. Ass. I wanted to catch one and keep it in my house.

The childhood was cool, but having to do it ooooover and oooooover and ooooover again could get on anyone's nerves.

They put more freedom for family. I never wanted a bloody husband/wife. Just wanted the kid.

I LIKED Page. xD She reminded me of one of my friends who I liked to punch in the arm and could argue for hours with about the rights and wrongs of the world. Ben can go get hit by a bus. :D

Walter's death was tragic, but Lion Head did an excellent job making you LIKE him. I could care less about Swift. I was too focused on his beard to really pay attention. Kinda like the dog's death in Fable 2. Except you needed your dog after you completed the story....

They made Reaver much more of a creeper (and I agree that marrying him would take away from his personality).

The expression option, I admit, is pretty retarded. But my friends and I all will randomly start dancing with each other, hold hands while running down the street (normally singing). We never had handshakes though. I feel like I missed out. Again, not to be a sexist piglet, I didn't think it was that strange if you were a female hero do that those things. For once the girl could act like a girl to some degree. And at least now we don't have to worry about everyone falling in love with you and blocking your stairways because they want to get in your pants THAT badly and being good means you can't shoot them.

Co-op is a HUUUUUGE improvement. Achievements are as fun as they have always been.

Have you ever tried to make a wonderful pie? They can be a pain. I can see why they made that a job. Everyone.Loves.Pie (except for me cause I hate the stuff :p).

If the game didn't have glitches, it wouldn't be Fable. >.>

There, praise for the game. *feels accomplished* I did do a huge rant on my dislikes but all games have things we don't like.

I however will say this; The downloadable content was a bit of a let down.

And I had a huuuge theory on Walter and I looooooost it. D:

Also: NO GAME CAN BE AS BIG AS A DISAPPOINTMENT AS ALONE IN THE FRIKKEN DARK. I HOPE THAT GAME DIES A SLOW AND HORRIBLE AGONIZED DEATH.
Alas, poor Yorick, opinions.
I will always hate Page.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Yay for praise!

I agree with all of those points.

And Alone in the Dark sucked terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.