• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable gone too far?

Dev729

Reaction score
The original fable was set in an old world with knight armour, swords, hand to hand combat and bows. Fable II made a 500 year leap with advancements such as guns and industry. Fable III expanded on this 50 years later with the industrial revolution. What could be next? How much longer can this go on for until this is call of duty. I think fable needs a massive re think, a massive blast to the past where albion gets sent back to the times of fable 1. What do you all think?

BlackRelmation

Reaction score
But maybe they meant for this to happen and then they're going to start backwards or just start advancing only by like 10-20 years.

Dev729

Reaction score
yeah i agree, if you think about it fable III is where we were 200 years ago (ish). At this rate it will have over taken us and it will be halo or something by fable 5

BlackRelmation

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you but maybe they will decrease the years it goes by.

Dev729

Reaction score
i hope they blast it back so its like a remake of fable 1

Dev729

Reaction score
yep that was the days, when you save all your money for the best armour and it wasnt so easy to buy every building in the game

BlackRelmation

Reaction score
And you wished to get the best bow and to kill all the old memories like the queen wasp

Dev729

Reaction score
finding the ebony bow next to a skeleton when going to fight jack of spades :D

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Better yet they should make a prequel set in The Old Kingdom about some of the first Heroes.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I'm with Tsuyu I want a Prequel about the first Archon and the creation of the Spire. We all know what happens but this game could explain why. Being the first Archon and deciding whether or not to trigger the apocalypse would be EPIC!

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Why would it have to be after Scythe's reign? Just wondering.

Well, it couldn't really be before Scythe because there weren't any Heroes back then. And I don't really feel like it could be during Scythe's reign either. We already know his story. Fable is about making your own choices, and Lionhead obviously tries to avoid making certain choices in these games canonical. Maybe if Fable expanded beyond RPGs, they could turn Scythe's story into an action adventure game, but it wouldn't work as one of Fable's main installments.

BWfreak

Reaction score
Very true Necromancer. It would be a big change if they made a story that you already know the ending to. A change that many fans would probably hate. But I love the idea of being able to go back and see the story first-hand. And being able to decide whether or not the Old Kingdom is destroyed by the Spire. Sure the official story says that is what happens. But the official story also pretty much says the Hero of Bowerstone doesn't kill Theresa since she is alive in F2 and F3. That kind of stuff is what makes these games worth playing in my opinion.

The Annoying Hoverer

I'm the slightly stupid one!!!
Premium
Reaction score
The original fable was set in an old world with knight armour, swords, hand to hand combat and bows. Fable II made a 500 year leap with advancements such as guns and industry. Fable III expanded on this 50 years later with the industrial revolution. What could be next? How much longer can this go on for until this is call of duty. I think fable needs a massive re think, a massive blast to the past where albion gets sent back to the times of fable 1. What do you all think?

I honestly think they have taken fable 3 to far into the future;considering the age you Finnish the game in fable 1/2 and considering the age you are in fable 3 and that your mother/father are dead its not right with a 500 years gap!!!!!;)

BWfreak

Reaction score
I honestly think they have taken fable 3 to far into the future;considering the age you Finnish the game in fable 1/2 and considering the age you are in fable 3 and that your mother/father are dead its not right with a 500 years gap!!!!!;)

I wouldn't say the gap between F2 and F3 is that big. The players don't really know how long after F2 the hero of bowerstone gave birth to the hero of brightwall. I may not like how far into the future they have taken it in F3, but the timeline seems realistic to me.

Korpse

Reaction score
I approve of the Old Kingdom game, I utterly despise how they've gotten rid of heroes and how all relics of the era of magic are falling further and further into obscurity and legend. Let us return to the time of heroes and magic and bid farewell to the ever increasingly modern world of present day Albion, this is something I would support. Or Albion needs to crumble and have a massive technological recession like what happened to the Old Kingdom and the likes of the fall of Rome. On a side note anyone else notice how Hobbes are still capable of magic?