• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable II tops competition in US

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Fable II tops competition in US

Tops game says in October...

CVG said:
Lionhead's Fable II defied dodgy economic conditions in the US last month to outsell every other game release in October, also managing to sell 1.5 million units since release worldwide.

According to data from the NPD Group, the Xbox 360 sequel beat out competition from Fallout 3, Saints Row 2 and Sony's LittleBigPlanet to take the number one spot in North America.

It even topped the obligatory appearance from Wii software Wii Fit and Wii Play in the charts, almost guaranteeing Fable III as soon as Peter Molyneux gets back from Holiday.

See the full US sales chart for October below:

1 Fable II: 790K
2 Wii Fit: 487K
3 Fallout 3: 375K
4 Mario Kart Wii: 290K
5 Wii Play: 282K
6 Saints Row 2: 270K
7 SOCOM PS3: 231K
8 LittleBigPlanet: 215K
9 NBA: 202K
10 Dead Space: 193K

T

thebeastlyboy15

Re: Fable II tops competition in US

wow, i did not expect that at all... i didnt even think fable 2 was that popular

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Pretty nice to know that the game of which we're fan of, acutally is listed as Nr.1. Awesome. :cool:

Fast7

The Infection/Cure
Reaction score

wow who would have thought it

J

Jedimindtrixxx

no surprise to me, fable 1 was the top selling RPG game, so it would be a bit obvious that the sequel would do as good. its also a rly good game
i think it deserves to be there

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Wowit was a bit of a susprise to me as I thought that everyone had jump on the gears of war bandwagon or fallout 3 (I think this information maybe slightly old cause there is no gears of war there, is it old?).

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ali1238;236030 said:
Wowit was a bit of a susprise to me as I thought that everyone had jump on the gears of war bandwagon or fallout 3 (I think this information maybe slightly old cause there is no gears of war there, is it old?).

Gears 2 wasnt released until Nov and this is the Oct sales.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

That was the chart for October, no current idea on what November is until the end of the month.
(Curse you Drakan and your superior messaging speed!)

I would say it got the top spot because it had the most promise. This game was half-expected to have everything that a gamer would want. So it's no suprise that anyone, if not everyone, put out the cash to get their own glimpse.

Zebinia

Kuahana
Reaction score

I wouldn't say this is accurate at all. Seeing as Fallout 3 was released 3 days before the end of the month and fable 2 had a good week on it already.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Well, the passing sales for this month might prove more fair and accurate for readings, but this was taken right at the end of October so Fallout 3 couldn't have had it's chance unless people were in a raging stir to get it within those three days.

Sandgoose

BWARK!
Reaction score

It's odd it's higher on the charts in the US.
It's an overly British game and every American on Xbox live seems to think we are waging a war against them.
(Old bean how about a spot of tea?)