• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fable III children

Status
Not open for further replies.

squarishplanet

MYNAMEISBOB
Reaction score
fable III children

i dont know if someone made a thread like tis but if someone did tell me
i always hated in fable 2 how your child would grow about up to your knee then stop growing. at the begining sparrow and rose were bigger than all the rest of th kids which i thought was dumb. so i do think in fable 3 the kids will be bigger and mabye older than 9 yrs old. what do you guys think?

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: fable III children

I assume Lionhead has implemented a way for our children to grow up but then again, who knows? I guess it would be nice... not that I ever liked having children, heh.

Overan

Reaction score

Well, Fable 3 will not have the same ammount of time pass within the game as Fable II did, so most likely they will grow but not to a mature age.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Overan;422276 said:
Well, Fable 3 will not have the same ammount of time pass within the game as Fable II did, so most likely they will grow but not to a mature age.

It seems rather pointless to give us children but then not allow them to grow up into an adult.

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score

i agree... but then again its not a HUGE deal.

But i guess making it more realistic would be nice :)

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Prince Louis;422375 said:
i agree... but then again its not a HUGE deal.

But i guess making it more realistic would be nice :)

To me, it is a huge deal. Implementing anything into a game takes time and resources both of which could easily be invested into adding something that would actually make the game more fun, realistic, etc.

So I mean, if you're going to start something, why not finish it?

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score

i suppose you're right.

And afterall didn't PM state that you'd get more followers if you got married and had kids? (or something like that) I guess if thats the case then i would want them to age. To make it more interesting.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Prince Louis;422406 said:
i suppose you're right.

And afterall didn't PM state that you'd get more followers if you got married and had kids? (or something like that) I guess if thats the case then i would want them to age. To make it more interesting.

Actually, I just want to kill them!

<Insert generic evil villain laughter here>

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score

I always found it unsatisfying for your wife and children to stop aging at a point. I think there should be more realism in Fable III, such as:

1. Your wife will grow old and die eventually, and your children will leave home when they are old enough.
2. You will actually age, like in Fable I, but slower.
3. Townspeople grow older and are replaced by new townspeople. More graves accumulate in the graveyard.
4. Businesses are transferred as the old owners either retire or die.
5. Your voice changes as your grow older as well as your appearance and the way your walk.

_

Just a few thoughts.

Overan

Reaction score

If one thinks of it in this way it becomes simple, Fable II took place over a section of the Hero's life (about thirty years) and so once the child instantly turned from baby to eight and stopped developing it left a large inconsinstency. But if Fable 3 occurs over ten years of the hero's life the age stop no longer is the problem, it is the instant growth that throws the player off, which I belive Lionhead will correct by having a gradually aging child. I really hope they do gradually age things.

VicOnTop

Reaction score

if i can touch my children in this game. maybe i'll be able to lead them to a body of water where i can drown them..

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Warpedhero;422413 said:
I always found it unsatisfying for your wife and children to stop aging at a point. I think there should be more realism in Fable III, such as:

1. Your wife will grow old and die eventually, and your children will leave home when they are old enough.
2. You will actually age, like in Fable I, but slower.
3. Townspeople grow older and are replaced by new townspeople. More graves accumulate in the graveyard.
4. Businesses are transferred as the old owners either retire or die.
5. Your voice changes as your grow older as well as your appearance and the way your walk.

_

Just a few thoughts.

I'm sorry but I don't want my hero to become an old fart. As keen as I am about the stereotypical wizened wizard, I don't want to become that.

Also, I don't want my wife to die either.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score

VicOnTop;422445 said:
if i can touch my children in this game. maybe i'll be able to lead them to a body of water where i can drown them..

An inventive use of touch, and one I hope we'll see!

It made me laugh IRL.

LyNxY yO

Reaction score

Hopefully your kids can grow up to adults, so you can lock them in the cellar, unless for marital needs ;)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I just want to be able to discipline the little beggars. One swift slap upside the head will stop them skipping, singing and moaning about my crappy gifts.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

I want them to be able to grow up and fight along side you. And if they are not good enough or drop their sword too many times. Then you get to cut off their heads like any loving parent would do to their reject of a child. :wub:

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

Lmao, this thread has brought me laughter. ;D

squarishplanet

MYNAMEISBOB
Reaction score

GrimWhim;422681 said:
I'm sorry but I don't want my hero to become an old fart. As keen as I am about the stereotypical wizened wizard, I don't want to become that.

Also, I don't want my wife to die either.

but what if you are good and dont like your wife anymore? then she should die by natural causes OR poison of some sort

Hillbilly88

Reaction score

as cool as it would be to have your kids get older than like 8 or so like they do in fable 2 i dont see it happening. i think it would be a lot to implement and i think it will be similar to fable 2 with the kids and wife ageing

GrimWhim

Reaction score

squarishplanet;422899 said:
but what if you are good and dont like your wife anymore? then she should die by natural causes OR poison of some sort

If my wife starts talking back, I throw fireball her face off. *****es need to learn their place lest they suffer the wrath o' my pimp hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.