• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III - Confirmed Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
Fable III - Confirmed Facts

Used the Search tool, and as far as I know, this should be OK. Most of you will already know alot of this. Quick re-cap on the facts. ^_^

• There's going to be two episodes in the game. One on the journey to the Throne, and the other to rule over Albion.
  • You can determine how and when to respond to Citizens, and how to punish criminals
  • Touch system implemented, and as far as I know, expressions remain. Certainly in interacting of course
  • Actions have a much greater impact, often affecting your country.
  • Fable II saves are returning, and the choices made will affect your Fable III story. Choices from both DLC's will also correlate.
  • Co-Op marriage and impregnation is possible.
  • Once all stats are maxed out, you won't look like a 'russian shot-putter', as a Male or Female.
  • Weapons change due to how they are used, what they are used on, and alignment.
  • The Dog reappears and is less well-behaved. He'll chase Rabbits and such.
  • The Health bar, experience orbs and the HUD in general have all been scrapped.
  • Molyneux stated that Fable III is being designed for the regular Xbox 360 controller first and foremost, but that some Kinect surprises are coming.
  • Extreme morphing is included, where you can show your true colours by spouting wings. Evil = Demonic wings. Good = Angelic wings. Wing size is based on amount of followers.
  • Improved camera for Co-Op
  • Use your character and dog for Co-Op
  • Upon pressing START, you'll appear in the Sanctuary
  • The Wardrobe is the room which holds all your clothes.
  • The Armory is the room which holds all your weapons
  • The Treasury is where you can see (and pick up) your gold.
  • John Cleese plays, Jasper, your butler. He has as much AI as your Dog, and will make you laugh.
  • You can use max-level spells from the off.
  • You can combo ranged attacks with melee or magic.
  • While the pistol is going to be better for ending melee combos, the rifle works best as a standalone weapon, allowing you to effectively pick off enemies from distance.
  • Each tomb/dungeon contains secrets and treasures for you to discover.
  • Your initial choice of weapon is between the Hammer and the Sword. Hammer is stronger, Sword is faster.
  • You can play as the Prince or Princess.
  • Teamwork comes into play a lot more in Co-Op fighting. When your friend knocks and enemy into the air, you could shoot them, or cast spells at them.
  • Your objective in gathering followers starts from the King of Mist Peak.
‘Peter Molyneux doesn’t mince words on Fable II. “It was awful. It was just not good enough. I think it dragged the game down,” he says of the previous games leveling system, explaining why it’s been dumped in favour of the ‘Road to Rule’: a path in the clouds dotted with chests. Each contains skill upgrades, and you spend the crests you’ve collected to unlock them.’

About 8/10's of all that was from the Fable Wiki, so credit to them, and credit to OXM, as I got some info from my magazine.
Thanks for reading, and if you want, you can add facts you know of or even what your hoping for them to include. :thumbsup:

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable III - Confirmed Facts

as i stated in the previous thread, this is more or less futile.
new members sign up all the time in anticipation for the release of fable and help post release.
they won't read your search tool thread, they won't use the search bar. most of the time, the best case scenario is they'll scan the first page, and if they don't see anything addressing their problem they will create a thread. sometimes they don't even bother to check.

as i said, it's sensible, but futile. you can't do pre-crime on this without some advanced create thread filter that has yet to exist as far as i know.

also, this is a duplicate of a locked thread. brace for further lockage.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i find irony in the fact that you literally just created a thread that got locked telling people to use the search function - and yet here you are immediately after making a duplicate "sum up the facts" thread.

The Fable Nerd

Reaction score

I have a Girl, Who I know Very Well...In Real Life.

Ran out of LIVE, Better get it before Fable III so:

Co-Op marriage and impregnation is possible

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;436732 said:
i find irony in the fact that you literally just created a thread that got locked telling people to use the search function - and yet here you are immediately after making a duplicate "sum up the facts" thread.

I take it you didn't read the first bit I wrote in the OP?

I also find it ironic how you were talking about dupe threads being made and overlooked, as the game is nearing release.
Except I made the effort to check if I could find something that summed up all the facts to my knowledge. I wasn't going to put it on the sticky either, as I don't know many people who look on the stickies regularly for something like this. They'd have to sift through around 11 pages of posts.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

And I find it ironic to see people continue to argue despite having told others that they should stop in the past. Why does it not suprise me to see yet again another argument instead of sticking to the OP's purpose? *Rolls eyes*

That said, thanks for summing up. Not many use the search function, but you did. It's effort to say at the very least. The confirmed subjects weren't all known to me, so thanks for clearing that up.

+rep

P.S.: the ironic part was not meant toward you, Cheez. Nor was it meant toward Ghostly. I was merely having a very small rant in general.

Kazmir

Reaction score

it is ironic.......hes a hypocrat

but back on topic.....nice list but who dosent know this stuff. Your stating whats been known for months. Good job

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Cheers Gakoyu ^_^
And Kazmir, if you posessed the mental capacity to have read it, I did say most people would probably know most that stuff, if not all. And what makes me a 'hypocrite'? There's nothing hypocritical about this thread. I made a list that isn't about on the forum at the moment. That makes me a hypocrite? Cool.
Anyway, like Gakoyu said, keep it on topic.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Kazmir;436758 said:

but back on topic.....nice list but who dosent know this stuff. Your stating whats been known for months. Good job
Final warning, princess...

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

We don't really need a thread like this. Fair enough, it's not a duplicate or anything, but still. We don't have a thread that lists the differences in shadows and shading throughout the fable series, or an indepth look at Jack of Blades clothing. It's just information people don't need in thread-format.

Anyone wanting to know this information would know most, if not all, of this by now. Even if they didn't, they'd probably be more likely go and watch all the interviews, demos, etc, rather than read through a list.

BRB gonna go make a thread about all the types of dyes in fable 2

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Rat;436797 said:
We don't really need a thread like this. Fair enough, it's not a duplicate or anything, but still. We don't have a thread that lists the differences in shadows and shading throughout the fable series, or an indepth look at Jack of Blades clothing. It's just information people don't need in thread-format.

Anyone wanting to know this information would know most, if not all, of this by now. Even if they didn't, they'd probably be more likely go and watch all the interviews, demos, etc, rather than read through a list.

BRB gonna go make a thread about all the types of dyes in fable 2

No, what you mean is, YOU don't need a thread like this.
People join everyday, and might wanna catch-up on everything, without having to look at loads of interviews and demos.
This is information on an upcoming game, it's all relevant information.
Didn't have to be an ass. I've lost all respect I had for you. Which is to say, alot.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I think I knew this all already, but thanks anyway for putting it up. It refreshed my memory. :D +rep

James009

Hero of Oakvale
Reaction score

Frankly, the more information the merrier.

Most of you guys seem to be overreacting. Leave the moderation to the... moderators.

FableAddict

Reaction score

I knew most of this, except for the health bar being scrapped. Are they replacing it with something?

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score

the health works like MW2, where the screen gets more saturated and it starts getting red around the corners of the screen

Kazmir

Reaction score

gears of war does that to

onwingsoflead

Reaction score

Kazmir;436758 said:

Learn how to use proper grammar.

Thanks for posting that list of confirmed facts, GhostlyIcicle.
I really cannot wait for this game to come out, I'm glad that Peter has stated that he realizes the mistakes LH made in Fable II, and want to correct those mistakes.

VicOnTop

Reaction score

i call for spoiler

Kazmir

Reaction score

onwingsoflead;436993 said:
Learn how to use proper grammar.

Thanks for posting that list of confirmed facts, GhostlyIcicle.
I really cannot wait for this game to come out, I'm glad that Peter has stated that he realizes the mistakes LH made in Fable II, and want to correct those mistakes.

what was wrong with my grammar.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

what was wrong with my grammar.
Take a look at what you just posted. You didn't capitalize or punctuate correctly (you were asking a question). In your other post there were spelling mistakes, no apostrophes, a question without a question mark, and missing capital letters. You asked bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.