• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable Legends 5-10 year lifespan

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
468px-Fablename.jpg
In an interview with GamesIndustry International Lionheads new studio head has stated that they are going to evolve Fable Legends online for as many as 10 years.
This is the next big Fable game that is going to be out for five to ten years so it needs to be big, it needs to be interesting. There needs to be a lot of stuff to do, it needs to integrate all the cloud and Xbox One features so we keep our community alive and growing. So yeah, it's big and ambitious, but it needs to be because it's going to be around a long time. Harrison wants us to make an absolutely great game that's compelling and beautiful, and has options that are second to none in this space. It's about taking that spirit of innovation that's always been here at Lionhead with Fable and Black & White and The Movies and applying that to online.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Awwwww. :-( This makes me sad. I mean, Legends sounds INTERESTING, yeah, but not 5-10 years of interesting.

Also, my current plan is to buy an XBone around 2023, so there's that.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Awwwww. :-( This makes me sad. I mean, Legends sounds INTERESTING, yeah, but not 5-10 years of interesting.

Also, my current plan is to buy an XBone around 2023, so there's that.

Be just in time for the ending DLC then. =]

Jack 0f Blades

Reaction score
Sounds interesting; i bought my Xbox One around boxing day, I hope it feels like fable but "5-10 years" worth...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sounds interesting; i bought my Xbox One around boxing day, I hope it feels like fable but "5-10 years" worth...

No doubt just a ball park figure that has been thrown around to show that they are going to be dedicated to the title and are hoping for a long shelf life.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Couch Co op isn't very innovative to me...

Twilight

Reaction score
So are we going to be expected to pay more money every time they feel like "evolving" the game?

Swanky_e

Reaction score
yeah right it wont have a 1 year life span unless its actually good , i was obliterated with excitement for fable 2 and less exited but still eager for fable 3 but fable Legends yahwwwn

Reaction score
They better pack it with content and sweet lore if they expect to stay relevant.

Aniratak

Reaction score
I think this game is lacking lore. Looks like it's all about these 30 min combat rounds you do with your friends. I don't think I will be buying it. And I have to ask this: What other game in the world has kept a high popularity for 10 years? What sort of game was that? They are aiming REALLY high if they want a "party"-combat-game to be relevant for 10 years! Geez.. Just the fact he said it makes me lose faith in LH. What was the gaming industry like 10 years ago? In 2004? ALOT has changed since that time, and you will never know how the gaming industry develops over time. It's a silly statement from LH.