• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable The Journey E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

excalibur97

Reaction score
Chill guys! Lionhead is a HUGE company. From what I heard, Fable: The Journey is being made not by the Fable guys, but by the guys who worked on Project Milo. They are set to work on Kinect games, while half of the Fable team work on dlc for Fable 3. The remaining half of the Fable team are working on the initial stages of Fable 4.

So, in a way, you can call The Journey a spin-off. From what I've seen, though, this game better be priced at 15$ or be a 800 mspoints download or something. It doesn't seem like major game potential.
It is a spinoff. It's been announced by Peter that it is not Fable 4. It takes place on a "parallel track" whatever that is...

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
It takes place on a "parallel track" whatever that is...

Well, for those who still don't know, parallel tracks in games are when the events of a game is happening at the same time as the events of another game. For example, Halo ODST is set at exactly the same time as Halo 2. That's parallel tracking. So, Fable: The Journey is happening at the same time as Fable 4. If Peter used the words "parallel track", that means Fable 4 could not be a prequel as we hoped. Also, that means Theresa may not be there to guide the Hero of Fable 4, seeing that she runs away in The Journey (This is just my thoughts. Anything can still happen.)

EDIT: Oh, and when I said prequel, I meant a prequel before Fable 1. Excalibur's idea is still valid (where the game is before Fable II)

excalibur97

Reaction score
Actually, I believe it is 50 years after Fable 3. I am not sure if that's confirmed yet or not. This thread at Lionhead Forums has all the facts that are out http://lionhead.com/forums/p/304410/3684383.aspx . Here's another thread that has a poster's personal experiences with the game and some more info - http://lionhead.com/forums/t/304503.aspx?PageIndex=1 .

Edit: Plus since your main character has been confirmed as being a Dweller, it probably couldn't take place before Fable 2, or during the same time. Some more information is that you are a Hero, but from a different blood line than the past heroes that we've played as.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Actually, I believe it is 50 years after Fable 3. I am not sure if that's confirmed yet or not. This thread at Lionhead Forums has all the facts that are out http://lionhead.com/forums/p/304410/3684383.aspx . Here's another thread that has a poster's personal experiences with the game and some more info - http://lionhead.com/forums/t/304503.aspx?PageIndex=1 .

Edit: Plus since your main character has been confirmed as being a Dweller, it probably couldn't take place before Fable 2, or during the same time. Some more information is that you are a Hero, but from a different blood line than the past heroes that we've played as.

Hmmm... I've taken a look at the threads you've linked to, and I must say that my perception of The Journey has somewhat changed. I no longer hate the idea of it. I'm actually looking forward to it. They said that it is primarily a bridge between all of the Fable games, and that Theresa has lost her "second sight" (her power to see other worlds, which makes her kinda useless now). That is exactly the twist in the plot that I've been waiting for in the entire series! (I've found Theresa an annoying know-it-all since Fable 2. I missed her Fable 1 form) :)

They mentioned "parallal track" several times, and it got me wondering if Fable 4 is set 50 years after Fable 3. Bye bye, prequel...

EDIT: Oh, and they mentioned that you'll be crossing 300 miles of Albion. This may be a very long kinect game.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
The game's cool, I don't see why people have to complain that much for an additional title for the
fan-base. Sometimes I think most of the fans are cynical. (Including me!)

Anyhow, I always wanted to play with spells in a free-like way. Perhaps, Fable: The Journey will
be one of the reasons I will switch to the Xbox 360 Slim.

tahmfoolery

Tahm!
Reaction score
The developing details make it sound pretty sweet, but I probably won't get it. I'd rather not work up a sweat trying to kill a Hobbe or two, I'd rather sit on my couch and button mash. Although, it would be cool if you had some sick moves like in Mortal Kombat, like you press back back X X and you like spin in the air and light your sword on fire or something.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
The developing details make it sound pretty sweet, but I probably won't get it. I'd rather not work up a sweat trying to kill a Hobbe or two, I'd rather sit on my couch and button mash. Although, it would be cool if you had some sick moves like in Mortal Kombat, like you press back back X X and you like spin in the air and light your sword on fire or something.
Trust me, I'm sure if Peter Molly said that we can sit throughout the game without the need to
move around the room like some raging chickens then it's got to be true - he cares about how
lazy we are after hardcore beer drinking.

Not convinced? Fable's all about simple button-smashing, also Dimitri (The guy sitting on a
chair in the E3 presentation which showed the demo) Was sitting down for the most part.

Here's a video of the demo, notice Dimitri. (Yeah, that robot-like guy at the bottom)

Status
Not open for further replies.