• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable: The Journey playable at Gamescom

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
fablethejourney.jpg
Lionhead have announced that their new Fable Kinect title Fable: The Journey will be available to play at this years Gamescom in August. The main reasoning behind the move is apparently to remove worries that the game is on rails which they want to prove otherwise.
Peter Molyneux had the following to say:
This project really only started, well in earnest it started about seven months ago and we started coding about four months ago. Microsoft came to us and said 'could you do a core game for Kinect and we had been working on Milo, done a lot of work with the seated stuff, relaxed gameplay, and voice and gesturing and all of that stuff so we had that in the bank. And the first thing we did was switching from Fable tech to using Unreal, and this is the result, that demo. This is a challenge that's not for the faint hearted, to be honest with you, because I think that the core, as such, are really tied to their controllers. I think what we need to do is to prove that you can have as full and engaging and as immersive and as easy to control and as comfortable a game as anything you'd have on a controller.
There's huge faults with the demo we presented at E3 which was a mistake and i admitted that the quality isn't quite there, and we haven't had enough time to fulfil all our ambitions, but come Gamescom our ambition is to give you something to play with. The reason it was on rails was because I told the team to take out navigation, because on stage I thought, right, I need to show off magic, how cool magic is. If Dimitri doing the demo had had to navigate from one position to another, one, it would have extended the demo to four minutes from two minutes, and two, it would be slightly confusing.

nat4manu

Reaction score
i really hope it goes well for lionhead at gamescom and doesnt ruin fables reputation