• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable TLC crashing on my PC

JAvatar80

Reaction score
Fable TLC crashing on my PC

Hi all, first post here. I have Fable TLC for my PC.

PC specs:
1.8 GHz Celleron(single core)
1GB ram
Direct X 9.0c
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 512MB

The game installs fine, loads fine, plays fine for the most part. My problem is, it seems at random, that it hangs for a second, and then the graphics go insane. After that, it normally freezes my entire computer, though on occasion I can continue playing. When I can, some of the insanity I catch:

Keep in mind these are examples, and only a couple themes are recurrant.
The Guild Seal is replaced with the Hero's face map
Every letter is replaced with a simple white box
Textures go psychodelic (Trees in Bowerstone South go from green to neon rainbows)
Quick-bar icons are replaced with map icons(like the area exit icon)

Most of the time, even if I can continue to play/move/etc after the glitch, it still freezes up before I can quit. One time, I was able to save and quit(a trick since the menu was nothing but blocks without letters). The main menu was glitch-free, and when I quit, I had an error box stating some video driver had stopped responding, and I would need to reboot. I did, and nothing new happened, so I loaded my game back up, just to have the same problem after playing for a few seconds.

There is no pattern to when it glitches. Sometimes, I can play for 2-3 hours, sometimes 5 seconds.

I thought I may have had a virus/spyware/etc., so yesterday/today I wiped and reinstalled my entire computer from scratch. XP Home edition SP2, to SP3 with 2 extra "automatic updates" just to make sure nothing was left out. I reinstalled Fable, and got the hang/glitch/freeze when I got past the archery test, and was doing the second test for the crossbow. I drew my arrow, and that's where it froze.

Before I wiped my system, I was using the +24 Trainer by Hesperus, and modded the game with Fable Explorer to remove all the Old morphs. This game, I just did the "doesn't get old" mod.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

JA

JAvatar80

Reaction score
Re: Fable TLC crashing on my PC

Thanks John, for the welcome, and the advice.

I'm pretty savy when it comes to my computer, and always check my updates before I simply install them. I have no other issues video or sound wise, and the diagnostics I ran say my system's drivers are all good still.

I just uninstalled Fable, and am reinstalling it, and will do the mod you suggested over deleting the morph table arrays. I'm also going to run the game for a bit, do a few quests, etc. without using the trainer(I just used it to commit crime and not get caught, and money to buy pie). I'll check back here in a bit with my results, and hopefully they'll be good.

Thanks again, and I gotta say, I like some the weapon mods you've made.

JAvatar80

Reaction score

Thanks again, John. I made it all the way to Oakvale, and minus my computer not multi-tasking very well(I had left on Internet Explorer) in a couple enemy-heavy areas, it was perfect.

And, I'm maxed out on stats(+24 hehehe), and still look young as ever. I just hate the endgame, when you look older than the people who are older than you.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

repped jd