• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable would be better as a film series.

Do you think Fable would be better as a film?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score
There are many standpoints in fable 3 that don't make any sense in the first place, not just the point of your evil/good choices constradicting themselves as soon as you start to get into the main story. When you make good choices as the king/queen at the end making good choices evidentally wipes you of all of your gold. Instead of doing evil choices, evil choices granted us gold, lots of it to be honest.

Thats really just cabbage to be honest, I mean if you just made good choices all the people would have been killed and you wouldn't have anyone to do stuff with, all the people do not include quest people of course considering it is impossible to kill them which is also overaly stupid. Its also constradicting when that happens, considering you can't make an army because you are making good choices and making Albion a "better" place but its not better when the choices you make end up making all of your people dead.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I think that the reason the stories suck so much is that for an interactive media, and a franchise that sells itself based on the idea that you can do whatever you want to, it really forces you to do too much of what it wants. Maybe it would be better as a non-interactive media, but Lionhead have committed themselves to making this a game, and I say that so far they've done a poor job.

GrimBaggins

Hobbit for hire.
Reaction score
perhaps a prequel would be more fitting for a movie? i'd love to know more about the old kingdon and its lore, in the fable series you only get snippets from weapon or item decriptions, as with all games theres alot of unanswered questions, mostly little things like what IS a demon door and where the hell did it come from! not essential to the games but it would be nice to find out many of the game's features origins

demondeath71

Reaction score
If fable was a movie series I have a feeling that it would be strangely similar to the "All my Circuits" movie from Futurama.

"If you want the hero to destroy a horde of hollowmen and save the damsel in distress from the deadly ice dragon with his super fire death sword of explosionness, press 1"
"If you want the hero to continue to make pies at the stall, press 2"
*Presses 1"
"You have pressed 2"
NO I DIDN'T!
"I'm pretty sure you did"

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
A prequel would be something I'd watch, as it happens - I mean, the tat they churned out with the Balverine Order book was just shocking. Truly, truly shocking. It could have been great but it wasn't. And if they made a film based on the current games, I don't think it would work well at all. But something of a backstory to it all - Scythe, maybe the beginnings of the Guild - plus the things GrimBaggins has mentioned - that would be quite enjoyable, for someone like me who loves all that sort of stuff anyway.

Or if they couldn't manage that - a decently-written book by someone OTHER than Peter David.

ConvertedAnt

Reaction score
I don't know about better as a film series, but i would definatly watch them.

bradio12

Reaction score
yeah i know it is based on how YOU want it but it would be kinda awesome if they did make a film just think about what do you think the story line would be i think it should be the fable 1 storyline and there a different ending depending on what country your in

Status
Not open for further replies.