• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fallout 3 and Dragon Age: Origins

FableAddict

Reaction score
Are either of those games worth getting? I heard there was more to do in Fallout 3 than in Fallout New Vegas, is that true?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I loved both Fallout 3 and New Vegas there might be more to do but i didnt notice that much difference. They are both superb games and have more than enough to occupy you for 30 hours easily. I have spent 42 hours on New Vegas currently and seen 2 endings (there are multiple) and i spent a long time on Fallout 3 too. They are 2 of the best RPG titles ive played and ive played a lot.

Dragon Age Origins had promise its also a HUGE game, make sure you have plenty of time free if you plan on getting ANY of the 3 games as they arent games that are made to be rushed through. I liked Dragon Age but little things bugged me about it and i ended up losing interest, mainly the cluttered menus and quest logs irritated me the most. Its a good game but need a good amount to time and patience to truly appreciate it.

Azer249

Reaction score
If your going to get any ide say dragon age is ok if you like sort of slow paced rpgs and your not in controll fully. Fallout is good for fps players and you will get around 100-300 hours into it if you like rpgs that for fallout 3. Ide go for that over new vegas as i already have 900g ish on new vegas in 45 hours and it took me around 100 in fallout 3 but they are both amazing amazing games. I would buy this for fallout 3 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-Gam...LMI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291073344&sr=8-1 it includes all of the expansions and is great value for money and will give you the best experience possible from fallout! after that and if you like it pick up new vegas and add another 100 hours+ to your fallout experience.! dragon age is good aswell but i would personaly wait till you can get the ultimate edition with both of the huge expansions on it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Age-..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1291073490&sr=1-1 yet again adding around another 60-100 hours. Hope this helped.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I have to agree with Drakan. Dragon Age is good once you get into it and it becomes easy to burn away over 100 hours in the game, however the cluttered menu, awful quest logs, etc. can be bothersome. In comparison to the PC version, the console controls aren't very helpful. This game's combat definitely benefits more from a keyboard & mouse.

Fallout 3 & New Vegas, the list of glitches aside.. I really enjoyed these two games a lot. I managed to squeeze 200hrs out of Fallout 3 for a single playthrough, and am currently 150hrs into New Vegas. NV has a tad bit of a smaller map than FO3, but it has a little bit more content than FO3 without the DLC Expansions (more weapons, quests, has the "challenge" list to complete, deeper companions, etc). But it doesn't have as many "epic" moments compared to Fallout 3. You have the freedom to permanently kill 98% of the people in the game, unlike FO3.

On the other hand, FO3 can be had for cheap nowadays plus you have the bunch of DLC expansions that can be purchased with it, allowing for many extra hours of playtime to be had.

If I had to choose, I'd go for Fallout 3/New Vegas (either one is fine).. easier to pick up and play, and simply addictive. Especially if you like the open-world, do anything you want games (1st & 3rd Person style) that change based on what you do.

If you're able to, get them for the PC.. the mods just make them both so much better.