• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fallout 3 DLC...?

S

sabre3993

Fallout 3 DLC...?

this is a question for those of you who have gotten the new dlc for Fallout 3 (operation Anchorage)
As i'm sure many fallout fans wanna know..
Can you actually finish the game.. and keep playing after you buy the dlc?
In other words does it fix the ending to where i can beat it.. and continue on?

thx... :ninja:

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: Fallout 3 DLC...?

I haven't brought the Fallout 3 Operation: Anchorage DLC yet, but I will be when I'm finished with Red Alert 3. I have done my homework, however, and the DLC does not allow you to finish the main game and carry on. Once you complete the game, you have to create a new profile and start again - or reload an older save file. The DLC quests are added to your optional quests menu no matter where you are in-game and you can begin 'em whenever you wish. Hope this is what you meant.

Dentie

Reaction score

So if you finished the game you cant continue playing like fable or GTA??

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

oh well. whats the point of carrying on afterwards anyway? chances are youll have reached level 20, gotten all your dollies and whatnot. its best to not continue cause if you do you wont have any other missions, and killing people and monsters gets old FAST

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

The DLC starts with a radio broadcast on your pipboy and when you finish the quests in the DLC you continue doing whatever it was you were doing before you started it. You can start the quests anytime you like and they are just new sidequests.

Dentie;269722 said:

Not the main quest no, if you get to the end of the main quest you cant continue. So do anything you have to do BEFORE going to the end of the main quest. Just to clarify that the DLC is not part of the main quest so you can continue after you have done that.

Man;269735 said:
oh well. whats the point of carrying on afterwards anyway? chances are youll have reached level 20, gotten all your dollies and whatnot. its best to not continue cause if you do you wont have any other missions, and killing people and monsters gets old FAST

On my 2nd playthrough now and spent around 35 hours on this one so far and not bored yet. So far played the game for around 70 hours in total.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

There actually will be DLC that changes the ending later, so you can continue on (it actually extends the main quest, heh)...But it's not *this* DLC. This one just adds a side quest that takes you to Alaska for a little while (sort of). The next one will take you to Pittsburgh for a different group of quests, and then finally the third pack is the one that will change the ending and allow you to continue. We don't yet know when it will be released.

S

sabre3993

I've heard that the three were supposed to be released in the first 3 months of 09'... one a month... but thats only what ign said... and we all know how "precise and trustworthy" they are.. :p:lol:

+rep to orpheus, d.d., and "ze master":ninja:..

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Dentie;269722 said:

I thought you could continue in both Fable(or II), I didn't know GTA IV: Lost and Damned wasn't accessible after you beat the story, btw i'm looking forward to that.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Orpheus Lupus;269946 said:
There actually will be DLC that changes the ending later, so you can continue on (it actually extends the main quest, heh)...But it's not *this* DLC. This one just adds a side quest that takes you to Alaska for a little while (sort of). The next one will take you to Pittsburgh for a different group of quests, and then finally the third pack is the one that will change the ending and allow you to continue. We don't yet know when it will be released.

Here are some details i came across:

The Pitt follows in February, and adds an industrial raider town in the remains of Pittsburgh, where players will face tricky allegiance decisions. (Jen or Ange?)

Finally, Broken Steel arrives in March. Here, players will be recruited into the Brotherhood of Steel, and be swept up in the furious termination of all Enclave supporters in the Capital Wasteland. Broken Steel takes Fallout 3 past the conclusion of the main quest.

S

sabre3993

hobbes_pwn;270134 said:
I thought you could continue in both Fable(or II), I didn't know GTA IV: Lost and Damned wasn't accessible after you beat the story, btw i'm looking forward to that.

I think you misread...
after you beat fallout 3 there's no continuing...
but in both fables and GTA 4 you can..;)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

sabre3993;270954 said:
I think you misread...
after you beat fallout 3 there's no continuing...
but in both fables and GTA 4 you can..;)

With the last piece of DLC you will be able to though. ^_^

B

Blue Will

Fallout DLC is well worth it, i got it recently. It didnt take long to complete but it was very enjoyable, the whole squad leader and everything is great, team of snipers if you really wanted :lol:
The GAUSS RIFLE IS AMAZING. Also the chinese stealth armour and everything else you get with it. Just to let you know the whole DLC is a simulation, but you will get the items, dont worry.

So i say get it. Afterwards i accidently went onto pick one of the locks in the outcasts base, they all started killing me so i slaughtered everyone with the Gauss :p Ahh good times.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Blue Will;271123 said:
Fallout DLC is well worth it, i got it recently. It didnt take long to complete but it was very enjoyable, the whole squad leader and everything is great, team of snipers if you really wanted :lol:
The GAUSS RIFLE IS AMAZING. Also the chinese stealth armour and everything else you get with it. Just to let you know the whole DLC is a simulation, but you will get the items, dont worry.

So i say get it. Afterwards i accidently went onto pick one of the locks in the outcasts base, they all started killing me so i slaughtered everyone with the Gauss :p Ahh good times.

I really enjoyed the DLC too, added some great new items and also mixed the scenery up and added a whole new feel to the game at the same time. Round of applause for Bethesda for this and cant wait for the next 2 pieces of DLC.

S

sabre3993

also.. if anyone finds out the official release dates of the upcoming DLC post in this thread..plz

Yeah the only complaints i saw about the new DLC was that is was on the short side.. but was fun.