• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Faustus- A short story by Teh Hermit

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Faustus- A short story by Teh Hermit

Faustus

Faustus. Faustus was his name the left handed swordsman from a dark history, from Oakvale, to Snowspire he was known, known for his ruthlessness and unforgiving nature, what can one expect when you grow up with less to look for than the blind?
To Raise yourself is hard, to learn is easy all it takes is failure, through trial and error, Faustus has risen to the most feared and respected assassin, in all of Albion. And those who were there at his failure, now lay with Skorm.
But here he is not a assassin, no he is glorious and a gift to the eyes of our gathering. Every new moon we gather in the secluded spot of Witchwood, were we the spectators watch heroes fight to the death. How does a assassin get into a fight of heroes? What else would a man as corrupt as this one do? Bribery and threats, well at least at first he did, but after awhile the majority of the crowd let him join.
Only is this his sixth visit, yet he brings down the crowds cheering his name, yes people cheering for a murderer, strange isn’t it. But once he steps into that dirt ring, he leaves his persona behind, in the ring silent is he not but loud and bellowing at his target, but as soon as its over gone is he, in the blink of an eye.
Dawn, the sun rising and shimmering orange light to the tops of the tree’s, the air is still and unmoving, a blue clad hero impatiently awaits the outsider Faustus, when soon his patience has worn thin and goes to leave, he shows, appearing from the crowd gathered around the ring.
The hero wielding sword and shield, and blue leather on him and faceguard hiding his face from the point of a sword, only revealing his skin and green eyes. He laughs as he sees the Tiny assassin, wearing nothing but black wolf-skin, but none for his torso, bare chest, slim the killer is but muscular, speed based it would seem from his body build. The slim warrior with medium black hair reaching down to his chin nearly covering his cold grey eyes, he wears brown leather wrapped around his fists, the assassin looked at the giant hero who stood at least a mighty 6’ foot, but it mattered not.
The crowd roared at them to begin, Faustus immediately threw his blade from its hilt, the crowd gasped in awe, his sabre silver with in crested jewels of blue stone, sharp, jagged, death was no stranger to this weapon. The hero across, looked in fear from the weapon, should such a blade touch skin it would do more damage coming out than going in, truly a weapon of murder.
The hero looked at his weapon, plain steel, bought from a blacksmith, mass made, by the smiths of the land, they begun.
Faustus first to the attack, running at the man, whom thrust his blade at Faustus’ torso, the killer making with excellent footwork, stopping himself in mid-run, and jumping to the opposite side of the giant, side of shield. A sample of the pain and confusion, Faustus had created a opening, he sliced at the mans shield arm who was taken unawares, the hero yelled in pain, he swung around withdrawing himself from proof of pain.
The hero swinging his sword at Faustus along with his body, armoured but suffering the wounds, of deliverance from his rival. Faustus swiftly rolled, sideways but received a cut on his left arm as he done so. The hero smiling, knowing he had got the slick swordsman, Faustus smiling also, causing confusion on the hero, the giant went to move, Faustus leapt like a cat over the head of the hero.
Coming to land, Faustus grabbed the giants head with his right arm, Faustus landing on the giants back with his arm tied around the hero’s neck, facing towards the sight of the hero’s, Faustus let loose his knee’s which were dug into the mans back, and fell to ground still grasping the giants neck.
Landing with the giants neck in hand, the man screaming in pain, from the landing and broken back, Faustus twisting the man sideways and slitting the hero’s throat as he spun to the ground.
Finished with the fight, Faustus walked to the dealer of the fights, taking his pay, opening it, and taking two coins out, “rest in peace” he said as he kiss the coins and throw them on the hero’s body.
-----------------------------------

I wrote that awhile back, I have many more, I'll post them from time to time, I do have a website to which I store them on the links in my sig check it out. ^_^

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Faustus- A short story by Teh Hermit

Feedback would be appreciated. :(

C

cometojames

terrible never write again!!! go home!!! (joke:p was actucally very good, +rep)

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

thanks :) but you had me scared for a moment there, lol, that would've been the first person not to like my fiction :eek:

Hermit

C

cometojames

do you write alot then

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

:lol: yes I do quite abit actually, I think for reasons sake you should look at my site:

Hermits Cabin | theres a story behind every eye

It has all my fiction I've wrote that is related to Fable. ;)

I have my own forum, a blog, even a 12 year old kid that adores me, and loves me. (no joke)

:D