• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Few Quick Mod Questions

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
hi, i am modding fable around for the lols and stuff. Just got a few questions. First off, i wanted to use this mod: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6141&start=0& how would i get the file into fable explorer? do i save all 3 of them? then what?

also how would i change my fighting style to jack of blades' as well as his bone structure? would i need to put those in a spawned chest? or can i do that through fable explorer?>

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
kay, so i downloaded albion explorer, and i wanted to use this mod: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=39675&&srch=jack+of+blades#msg_39675
(jack of blades outfit) i click load fable mod package, and it seemed to accept it but i am not entirely sure. but i cant find it anywhere in objects. I was planning to put it in the spawn chest guide that i found on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld9MrIuY7k4 but since i couldnt find it, i decided to put in the jack hero title name in the chest instead. only problem was, the chest was a no-show :(

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
let me first of go by saying, thanks for being patient with a noob like me. You are a busy man, and im just a punk kid with the hopes of playing a completely modded fable :p haha
Did you rename FinalAlbion.wad? If not, do it.
At any point when using FE/AE, did you get an access denied error? If so, that'd be a helpful thing to tell me.
Are you using Windows Vista/7? If so, Read the Vista/7 Primer.

no i dont use vista i have xp. and what is this finalalbion.wad thing? i dont know what this is. And i didnt get an access denied error, but i couldnt find the suit anywhere, so thats why i was confused if fable explorer accepted it or not

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
Well did you check the way I told you to? If so, well... was it there?
And the OBJECT names are provided in the thread, so you can still make a chest using those names. If the chest doesn't show up, rename the FinalAlbion.wad. If the chest hangs and the Hero is stuck staring into an empty chest, you didn't load the FMP properly and you need to go read the documentation again.
okay so im following the steps
http://projectego.net/forums/threads/freeroam-setup.1926/ and i am stuck at step 9. there is no open option, and if i double click the finalalbion.wad it will just have a script right? so how do i access the chance to rip the file?

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
Dude, you gotta use your head here. I can't do it for you. Even if I could, I won't on principle.

Open FreeRoam. File|Open. Click File in the menu bar, then click Open.
Then select the FinalAlbion.wad in your data\Levels directory. Click RIP!
Then dump in the data folder, not Levels. The default location is Levels, so you have to go up a directory. That's very important, do not neglect to take a moment to do that step right.
It'll process for a moment, if it hangs or says "Not Responding" leave it alone, it's not done.
When that's over, just close it, and rename the FinalAlbion.wad.

Then, then, you take the TNG you downloaded and put it in the data\Levels\FinalAlbion\ directory.

The only reason it might sound complicated is because I have broken it down a bit. In fact, I can't explain it in a simpler way. You have to be able to figure this out or I can't help you.

Okay so i finally got it. Up to the point where i put finalalbion.wad into the data folder. Once i finally click save, it says: an unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue, if tyou click quit, the application will shut down immediately. The process cannot access the file "C program files/microsoftgames/fable ECT becaise it is being used by another process.. What do i do?