• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Finding charlie quest - MAJOR glitch! Need help

Lonely-Druid

Pyramid Head fan
Reaction score
Finding charlie quest - MAJOR glitch! Need help

I seriously need help, Fable 2 is my favourite game on the Xbox 360 so far and it's gone through a really big glitch, and my game freezes up.

Here's what happened:

I started the finding Charlie in the perilous cave of hero's side quest, I got him all the way out of the cave, but then he disappears, I can still run into him and everything.
It says to "skip the conversation' but there is no sound, only a golden ring around where Charlie should be and an exclamation mark above his head.

when I either stay in the ring too long or try to walk away the whole game freezes up, and I can't get out of the quest.

I really need help or my game will be ruined, i can't go anywhere and I can not be bothered starting again.

Should I buy a new disk?

Thanks for anyone who can help me.

THIS GLITCH HAS BEEN SOLVED
In case anyone else gets this glitch, please read post #4 for help

W

Wolfie

Re: Finding charlie quest - MAJOR glitch! Need help

You tried fast travelling or anything?

Dentie

Reaction score

Lonely-Druid;258637 said:
I seriously need help, Fable 2 is my favourite game on the Xbox 360 so far and it's gone through a really big glitch, and my game freezes up.

Here's what happened:

I started the finding Charlie in the perilous cave of hero's side quest, I got him all the way out of the cave, but then he disappears, I can still run into him and everything.
It says to "skip the conversation' but there is no sound, only a golden ring around where Charlie should be and an exclamation mark above his head.

when I either stay in the ring too long or try to walk away the whole game freezes up, and I can't get out of the quest.

I really need help or my game will be ruined, i can't go anywhere and I can not be bothered starting again.

Should I buy a new disk?

Thanks for anyone who can help me.

i had something like this once but it was in bloodstone and couldn't do anything too i think you need to start a new game:unsure:

Lonely-Druid

Pyramid Head fan
Reaction score

Yeah, I tried that, I couldn't because the 'scene pause'

I tried once more, what I did is what I waited for him to walk up to the door with me and waiting a while before I went back outside.
I got it to work.

I think it's good to know how to fix this glitch in case anyone encounters it.
Solved, thank you.

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

I have this but not to this extent i think it is because how laggy fable 2 is and there has not been a patch yet i think after going into a new area it focuses on loading the surroundings before the characters and therefore may take a little while for them to appear ( by new area i mean like when you leave the heroes cave you are entering bower lake so it has to load bower lake )

hope it helps