• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

First Time Playing The Source

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
So I decided to play the original Fable, the source of the franchise lol, I never had the original xbox and hence never played it ( likewise with a pc, never had it way back when ), I started off with fable 2 for the 360, only about 2 years ago ( mabey 3 max. ).
Anywho, got Fable TLC for my pc today and put it on, I do have some problems - I got an error message sayin I didnt have enough ram ( i've 4 gigs of ddr2 ram, aroun 270 gigs spare on my hd and am running a quad core processor with a graphics card that has 1 gb ram ?? ) did a bita research and it seems to be a compatibility issue with TLC and a 64-bit o/s ( made worse by using vista so apparently the fixes for a 64-xp o/s wont work for a 64-vista o/s ).
So im enjoying playing the original game, just passed the bit where your sent to the archeologist , it's good to get experience the full story, not the same reading through the fable wiki lol.

However I have to say this is the first pc game I've ever played, finding the controls very different and awkward, im used to a controller, I had to change some keys because my pc is connected into my tv and used mostly for tv/films and browsing the net, because of this I have a wireless keyboard with a tracker pad ( so its basically a smaller laptop board with the tracker pad ) and I find the mouse controlls hard to use on the tracker pad...also I dont have a TAB button so had to change that hotkey, Unusually for me im not using much magic, the time spell and thats about it, im not using any form of skill - ie not using archery, because I cant use the controls fast enough, im slow time and then hack and slash lol.
Thats my experience so far, i'll update as I progress in the game, ps because of the supposed "lack of ram" i'm running in save mode and the resolution max. is like 800x600 and is only taking up half my screen with large black lines either side and top/bottom on occasions, anyone else?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
That sounds like a bit of a problem. Hope you get it sorted. :(

I love TLC the best by the way. It's a nice experience. It has more of a magic-y/mystically feel to it.

too bad it's running crappy. I'd suggest going into modding. :)

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Yeh I have got it working, if I take a risk and run the game ignoring the warning I can have full scree size and resolution, in safe mode best you can get is 800x600, alls working well, getting *slightly* more adjusted to a keyboard as a controller but I still find it awkward at times and am not used to it to use any skill ( bow ) and minimal magic ( which is disappointing as I've always enjoyed magic ).
I'm just past the arena and saved the archeologist, good impressions so far, good story, nice to have the Fable backstory first hand.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
You do know TLC is 360 compatible right?

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Yeh I know you can get it for the xbox, but I decided why not try a pc game lol.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I stopped playing it in favour of the DLC and then fight night release lol, going to have to get back to it. And after I finish the story I "might" consider looking into some mods, havnt done any before so it would be a learning process.