• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game won't load because I'm no longer online, do I have to restart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aff

Reaction score
I bought fable 3 (the UK limited edition) whilst at my university flat, I set up the game here and played for half an hour - I can't get my xbox online here because of their internet settings; It's annoying that my gold account is now going to waste.
I took my harddrive and game home for the weekend and used my brothers xbox, I downloaded the free weapons pack (but didn't equip them) and switched on the see other players option. I got as far as Reavers mansion.
Now I'm back at uni and my game will not load, it says "You do not have the required downloadable content necessary to load this save game."

Do I have to start over? I don't want to only be able to play everytime I go home because I only do that about once a month! I can use a friends wifi but she lives a fair distance away for me to travel regularly - but I'm hoping I just need to alter some settings or something...

Aff

Reaction score
I am now yes. Last year we had to provide our own internet for our flats, so I had high speed broadband. But this year they've installed their own wireless and told us we had to get rid of ours as it interfered with theirs - which I think is nonsense but we did it anyway. I use mobile internet when theirs acts up/lags.

I could go pester a friend who lives in her own house to download this 'content'..but I'd like to know if this is a one-off or if it's something I'll have to do everytime I want to play..

Aff

Reaction score
Nevermind, I fixed it; had to go to a friends and re-download my content! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.