• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Getting over a cold and fever quickly?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I've never had a cold that has timing as bad as this. I felt a little bit sick yesterday, and I woke up with a fever this morning. On Friday, I'm supposed to go to the Hardly Strickly Bluegrass festival in San Francisco. Normally, I wouldn't be bothered that much by the fact that getting sick means I might not be able to go, but this time is different. ROBERT MOTHERF*CKING PLANT IS GOING TO BE PERFORMING THERE! Led Zeppelin is one of my top two favorite bands, and Robert's getting older and older. I feel like if I don't go see him now, I'll never be able to. I will not miss this, even if I'm sitting there shivering with crap dripping out of my nose as I'm watching him perform. So, I ask you all this: does anybody have any advice on how I can get over this quickly?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Ibuprofen, hot tea, and no physical activity. That's only a temporary fix. You may feel okay going to this thing, but odds are you'll start feeling like crap again while you're there. There's nothing that'll make it go away faster than just not going anywhere or doing anything and letting your body rest.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Cheez is right, there's nothing you can do to make it go away "just like that", it takes time (3-4 days is the quickest I've ever seen).

Make sure you drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated and to help your body flush everything out, get plenty of rest, and stay away from all dairy products.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Cheez is right, there's nothing you can do to make it go away "just like that", it takes time (3-4 days is the quickest I've ever seen).

Make sure you drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated and to help your body flush everything out, get plenty of rest, and stay away from all dairy products.

I think I've never had a serious cold/fever for longer than 4 days (longer than that just minor inconveniences) and -if I may very much exaggerate- I'm addicted to milk. Que?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Odd, I think I might be getting a cold myself.

If this is so, after my initial complaining, I'll do these things:

Rest.
Drink plenty water and orange juice.
Blow my nose often.
Have hot drinks and hot soup.
Take paracetamol, or some cold and flu remedy.

And for fevers, you gotta sweat dem out.

As, Cheez and Gikoku have said - you'll just have to wait it out. But do whatever you can to help. See how you feel on the day, you might just manage to enjoy yourself despite the cold. Get plenty sleep the night before and wrap up warm.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that it is dangerous going outside if you do have a fever, mmmkay?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
^I'm aware of that.

Anyway, I'm about to go out and get some more ibuprofen and tissues. Luckily, Walgreens is practically across the street.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I eat cold and flu tablets like they're cheetos, and drink several pots of hot, milkless, sugarless tea a day. I don't think it necessarily helps kill the cold, but it makes it more bearable.

Also: As much as I love the Zep, Robert Plant is far, far from what he used to be. His voice is nothing now. It's actually bad enough that I wouldn't go see him if he came out. And he's not likely to do much, if any, Zeppelin stuff. Not that I'm trying to discourage you from going, I just want to make sure you're not expecting the 1975 Rob. Or even the 1995 Rob. Time is a bitch.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
^Yea, I'm aware of all that. It's just one of those things that...well...it's hard to explain. I need to see him at least this one time. It's just this feeling I have.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Soup, soup, soup, soup, blankets, soup... that's about it.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
^Yea, I'm aware of all that. It's just one of those things that...well...it's hard to explain. I need to see him at least this one time. It's just this feeling I have.

It's k buddy. I understand it. Which stuff is he doing. Band of Joy?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
chicken noodle soup or just broth made from those ramen packets are good remedies. If you have stomach or boul issues a ginger ale is effective. Drink lots of water, always a good thing. and if you are set on going out get alot of sleep so you are well rested and able.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
F the orange juice, I cut out the middle man and just pop a Vitamin C tablet. 1667% of my daily requirement? POWER UP!!! It's like my immune system asked for some rifles and ammo for Christmas to fend off the evil sickness cells, but instead they got claymores and nukes. I usually get over such minor quibbles in a day or two.

Oh yes, and lots of water is good too, and essential.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Well, my fever went away fairly quickly, and I feel a lot better now, so in about 17 and a half hours, I'll be watching Robert Plant in San Francisco! :D

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
STEP 1: CREATE A CLONE OF YOURSELF
STEP 2: SHRINK CLONE
STEP 3: MAKE MINI-SPACESHIP WITH LASER BEAMS
STEP 4: PUT CLONE IN SHIP
STEP 5: MAKE CLONE FLY IN YOUR BODY
STEP 6: CLONE IN SHIP KILLS ALL THE BACTERIA
STEP 7: ????
STEP 8: PROFIT!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Caps lock is cruise control for cool.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
THAT. WAS. AWESOME. Robert Plant definitely exceeded all of my expectations. Even now, he sounds amazing. They opened the show with Black Dog, played Thank You and Ramble On, among some other non Zeppelin songs, and then they came out for an encore and played Gallows Pole. I managed to get a decent-ish video of the last part of Gallows Pole.

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/Necromancer616/?action=view&current=IMG_1368.mp4

Sorry about the weird shape of the video. I took it with my ipod.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
THAT. WAS. AWESOME. Robert Plant definitely exceeded all of my expectations. Even now, he sounds amazing. They opened the show with Black Dog, played Thank You and Ramble On, among some other non Zeppelin songs, and then they came out for an encore and played Gallows Pole. I managed to get a decent-ish video of the last part of Gallows Pole.

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/Necromancer616/?action=view&current=IMG_1368.mp4

Sorry about the weird shape of the video. I took it with my ipod.

Video sounds awesome dude! Glad you enjoyed it!

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
What's strange about this thread is that it's still not reached page 2.