• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Glitch Through the Ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonustreats

Reaction score
***Possible spoilers below***

Soooo, I got to the part of the game where you're fighting re-animated soldiers from the village and, while casting a spell, fell through the ground to a totally green area - in here, I can't do anything (move, etc). When I tried to reload my latest save, I was taken back to the save room (where I can move freely), but it will only exit to the green/frozen screen. I have a terrible feeling I just wasted about 8 hours, but if anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated! Thanx in advance!

Invalid1021

Reaction score
Same thing happenned here.. Different part though.. Seems Lionhead needs to provide a patch fairly soon.

yosarrian

Reaction score
Hey Bonustreats,

Where specifically did this happen? Do you remember the name of the quest that this occurred on? Have you downloaded the Title Update to this get yet?

bonustreats

Reaction score
yosarrian -

I'm not quite sure, off the top of my head - sorry. I can tell you specifically what part, if you like. I was in the town/village where you use the cannon to fight off the army of skeleton soldiers. Right after the cannon sequence, there's the hand-to-hand battle with the skeleton soldiers. During the latter portions of this fight, the Hero just fell through the ground...weird. Title update being the one you get when you first put the game into the console? If so, yes.

HeLMuT28

Reaction score
Im stuck in a rock!! They need to fix this quickly!!

Runem Hectosin

Reaction score
They do need to fix it.. I have a save where I ran forward with a friend and we BOTH fell through the floor, I was the only one able to go to the save room (the main sanctuary room we couldn't go to) and I couldn't load it back up. when he left and I tried to load it only took me back to me falling in the desert. What's worse? I was collecting the flowers for Aurora and had already finished the freaking story and had a good few hours past it with 2mil+ gold.

Spidman1234

Reaction score
Never got stuck inside of the ground or a rock but i have been stuck on and in-between rocks and trees.

Runem Hectosin

Reaction score
Come to think of it, aren't there supposed to be cells that each part of the map is in? Even if that's not the case, the game could do a check to see if the player has fallen a certain distance and transport them back to ground if they've fallen so far.

Runem Hectosin

Reaction score
o_O I finally hit the.. ground? water? I hit some water outside of the map, I guess I fell in the right direction or something. I'm not able to continue my game. Hopefully if you guys mess with your "broken/glitched/stuck" save it'll fix it, just gotta have some patience I guess. GOOD LUCK GUYS
(btw I'm not saying to hack your save, I'm saying play with that save and try to fall in different directions, try to fire your gun, try ANYTHING)

SpectralSolid

Reaction score
same happened here (Post patch) except i was in a relationship quest with some girl in bowerstone old quarter trying to get Henry the 8th. took her to the dock and kissed her and for some reason the person i was with shot me... I then proceeded to fall to the bottom of the map where i can run around and stuff but i cant do anything. I cant go back to the sanctuary bc i was in a animation when it happened every time i pause it it just gives me 2 options + new game this is really annoying seeing as this happened on my main character where i have done almost everything.. please fix/ make it so if you go below the levels sea level than it sets you back to the entrance of the map.

Tedious Maximus

Reaction score
so i was in Silverpines when this happened to me. i was fighting hollow-men and walked beside the crypt just outside of the town. i don't remember what i did but i fell though the ground... i figured HELL ill just save and reload and it will be fine... but no it SAVED me falling. unwilling to give up i mashed everything until finally the option to go to the "road to rule" as my d-pad up. i pressed it quickly, took an upgrade (i don't think this matters), and exited the road. loaded me safely on the the ground back at the Silverpipnes entrance. I hope this helps :/

Lord Kagareth

Reaction score
Heck, this happened to me to. I was on the quest to go get the diamond in Aurora. I'm fightin' some Sand Furies and my friend asks me to join his game. It loads the main screen then says I can't join cuz he doesn't have the free stuff. I load my game and I'm under the Shifting Sands with a Sand Fury in my face. I could walk around but I couldn't go into the sanctuary, my d-pad options didn't work, and after a while I was transported to a small thing of water which made my character dissapear and freezes me. I can move the camera but none of the buttons work except the start button, and I can't go into the sanctuary. THIS SUCKS!! I HAD ALL %) FRIGGIN" WEAPONS ON THAT CHARACTER!!! GAAAAAH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.