• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Good or Evil?

When I first played through Fable, I was...

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evil

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • A bit of both...

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: Good or Evil?

Hehe, Seigfried. ^_^

I blame Andy for this.

F

Fuzi0n

Mwehehehe (good laugh)

As in, the opposite of evil laugh xD

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

*begins death wail* Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!*out of breath*

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
Hehe, Seigfried. ^_^

I blame Andy for this.

:neo:

lol i dont know what you are talking about....

:ninja:

J

joka

hi im new to this thead and my theory is that if u bass ure desisons in the game on wat u feel u shud do . (not looking at ure alingment thew out the game) u shall be better off and in the end look and see if u are truely GOOD or truely EVIL mwahahahahahahaha (bad) hahahahahahahaha

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

joka said:
hi im new to this thead and my theory is that if u bass ure desisons in the game on wat u feel u shud do . (not looking at ure alingment thew out the game) u shall be better off and in the end look and see if u are truely GOOD or truely EVIL mwahahahahahahaha (bad) hahahahahahahaha

Thats a pretty cool perspective on things- just play the game as you would play through life in otherwards. I've only ever actually tried to be evil- anytime I play the game I always end up good even when I start a new game with the intentions of being evil. I dont think Ive ever completed the game being truely evil. Guess I could always just put on Jacks mask at the end of TLC and become pure evil after being good the entire way through the game.

o_O

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox said:
Thats a pretty cool perspective on things- just play the game as you would play through life in otherwards. I've only ever actually tried to be evil- anytime I play the game I always end up good even when I start a new game with the intentions of being evil. I dont think Ive ever completed the game being truely evil. Guess I could always just put on Jacks mask at the end of TLC and become pure evil after being good the entire way through the game.

o_O

Im the other way around, im ALWAYS evil and cant make myself do good deeds for some reason, if i do they are always followed by say 10 bad ones :lol:

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan said:
Im the other way around, im ALWAYS evil and cant make myself do good deeds for some reason, if i do they are always followed by say 10 bad ones :lol:

Your the anti-me Drak o_O

*draws blade*

En Guardé...

Back on topic though- I think it would be interesting to be evil but Fable seems to geared to making you take the rightous path and I just cant resist it....

C

Crazyarms

Nooooooooooo Evil Has Taken The Lead!!!!!!!!!!

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:

Evils running for the end zone, is it going to make it.... oh my gosh....

*tune in next week for the stunning conclusion*

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

*looks in the tv guide for hinters*

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
*looks in the tv guide for hinters*

Lmao dude- I wasnt expecting that one, does it say anything about who'll win- I'm sure my local betting office in Bowerstone South wouldnt mind if I placed down a few hundred gold pieces on the match :lol:

So Seigfried, when you play are you on all good and glowy with your halo and butterflies or would you be tempted by the dark side of the force....

o_O Did I just quote Star Wars.....

U

Ulicus

I think the game makes more sense if you play good, or neutral with good tendencies. Yeah, you can be evil - but the way your character acts in the cutscenes when you don't have control over him just screams *good* to me.

I mean, I was pretty frustrated when my hulking evil brute started going "NOOO!" when Jack killed mother-dearest. Or when he was all choked up over finding the Guildmaster near-death in the Library... hmm, that's an idea - interactive cutscene expressions for Fable 2.

Of course, a number of the TLC cutscenes made up for this...

"I HAVE POWERS BEYOND YOUR COMPRE-thump." Priceless.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Ulicus said:
I think the game makes more sense if you play good, or neutral with good tendencies. Yeah, you can be evil - but the way your character acts in the cutscenes when you don't have control over him just screams *good* to me.

I mean, I was pretty frustrated when my hulking evil brute started going "NOOO!" when Jack killed mother-dearest. Or when he was all choked up over finding the Guildmaster near-death in the Library... hmm, that's an idea - interactive cutscene expressions for Fable 2.

Fable really was geared towards people who wanted to be good. Hopefully F2 cutscenes will pick up on the characters alignment and alter the cutscenes and plot appropriately.

Interactive cutscenes are a good idea- like something simple- being able to control you characters facial expression per say- this in turn could trigger a new reaction from whoever the character is interacting with.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:

Evil has been in the lead all the way ;)

Just got more saints coming here so looks closer than it should have been :devil:

Ulicus said:

I agree, being good/evil should have much more effect to the ongoing storyline not just by what decision to make in the arena or at the end of the game.

U

Ulicus

weirdkidinabox said:
Fable really was geared towards people who wanted to be good. Hopefully F2 cutscenes will pick up on the characters alignment and alter the cutscenes and plot appropriately.

Interactive cutscenes are a good idea- like something simple- being able to control you characters facial expression per say- this in turn could trigger a new reaction from whoever the character is interacting with.

Thumbs up. The plot really makes little sense if you're playing evil - not because I can't imagine an evil character would do all of that, but because I can't imagine the Guild wouldn't realise that your character was just as bad, if not worse, than Jack.

"Oh, we're safe now that the giant evil guy beat the shorter evil guy and has the Sword of Aeons". What? I've talked about my problems with the Guild before, but this was one of them.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ulicus said:
Thumbs up. The plot really makes little sense if you're playing evil - not because I can't imagine an evil character would do all of that, but because I can't imagine the Guild wouldn't realise that your character was just as bad, if not worse, than Jack.

"Oh, we're safe now that the giant evil guy beat the shorter evil guy and has the Sword of Aeons". What? I've talked about my problems with the Guild before, but this was one of them.

Yeah i agree :lol: like the quote about the giant evil guy and the shorter evil guy!

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox said:
So Seigfried, when you play are you on all good and glowy with your halo and butterflies or would you be tempted by the dark side of the force....

o_O Did I just quote Star Wars.....

To answer that, I'm neither. The first time I played I was good, but then I tried out evil. When I did so I noticed that there seems to be things I just can't get when I'm good, and when I'm evil so I chose the path of not better moral or strength but the path of benefits. I now seem to always play the game neutral, only choosing the choices that benefit me more. I suppose you could call me a true mercenary.

U

Ulicus

Seigfried said:
To answer that, I'm neither. The first time I played I was good, but then I tried out evil. When I did so I noticed that there seems to be things I just can't get when I'm good, and when I'm evil so I chose the path of not better moral or strength but the path of benefits. I now seem to always play the game neutral, only choosing the choices that benefit me more. I suppose you could call me a true mercenary.

"Mercenary" should have been a Hero title.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Ulicus said:

Apparently the guild wasnt just for those wanted to do good though. Scythe and the Guildmaster, formerly known as Weaver, started some crazy rebellion in the guild to allow those who wanted to study the darker side of being a hero to freely study it and choose the path they wanted. I guess thats the reason that Lionhead used to justify why the guild didnt hack up the evil dudes.

:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.